Page 1040 of 1129 FirstFirst ... 4054094099010301038103910401041104210501090 ... LastLast
Results 10,391 to 10,400 of 11286

Thread: Coronation Street - Current Episode Discussion - V

i thought justin was back as shelleys brother, spit of

2. The Following User Says Thank You to lizann For This Useful Post:

Perdita (27-09-2023)

If I was Sean, I would go for unfair dismissal. He has been employed long enough at the Rover's to be classed as a permanent employee, zero hours contract notwithstanding. If only there was a solicitor on the Street who could advise him.

Quote Originally Posted by parkerman View Post
    If I was Sean, I would go for unfair dismissal. He has been employed long enough at the Rover's to be classed as a permanent employee, zero hours contract notwithstanding. If only there was a solicitor on the Street who could advise him.
    He has been working at the Rover's for 18 years (since 2005), so that should count for something? When I started watching again a couple of years ago, I was happy to see that Sean was still on the 'street'!

Quote Originally Posted by Son of Cain View Post
    I do not understand why Jenny and staff are surprised at the plans for The Rover's. Why would a brewery buy a failing pub and continue to run it as it has been run? The idea is to make a profit, something that Jenny has not been doing.
    The new Brewery did not specifically buy the Rovers. They just bought everything owned by Newton & Ridley. It was obvious that they were grossly overstaffed.

Quote Originally Posted by parkerman View Post
    I do not think zero hours contracts had been introduced when Sean started working there.

Quote Originally Posted by Son of Cain View Post
    I do not think zero hours contracts had been introduced when Sean started working there.
    Yes they had. They were introduced I think in the 1990s. Under the National Minimum Wage Act 1998, there is a section on zero hours contracts which said that workers operating under a zero-hour contract had to be paid the national minimum wage for hours worked. So they must have been around then.
    Last edited by parkerman; 28-09-2023 at 10:42.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to parkerman For This Useful Post:

alan45 (03-10-2023), Son of Cain (28-09-2023)

Quote Originally Posted by bratface View Post
    He has been working at the Rover's for 18 years (since 2005), so that should count for something? When I started watching again a couple of years ago, I was happy to see that Sean was still on the 'street'!
    Been there since 2003!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...racters_(2003)

Sean Tully
    Main article: Sean Tully
    Sean Tully is a fictional character in the UK television ITV soap opera Coronation Street. Portrayed by actor Antony Cotton, the character first appeared on 13 July 2003 for one episode, before returning full-time on 12 April 2004. Sean is introduced as a gay colleague of Martin Platt (Sean Wilson) and Karl Foster (Chris Finch). Some months after his first appearance Sean comes to Coronation Street, desperately looking for somewhere to live. Karl's ex-boyfriend Todd Grimshaw (Bruno Langley) recognises Sean and takes him for a drink at The Rovers. When Todd's mother Eileen Grimshaw (Sue Cleaver) meets Sean she likes him and offers him a place to stay. Her other son, Jason Grimshaw (Ryan Thomas), is not pleased but later warms to the idea. Sean gets a job at Underworld, where he makes friends with Fiz Brown (Jennie McAlpine) and Kelly Crabtree (Tupele Dorgu).

Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post
    Been there since 2003!

Sean Tully
    Sean Tully is a fictional character in the UK television ITV soap opera Coronation Street. Portrayed by actor Antony Cotton, the character first appeared on 13 July 2003 for one episode, before returning full-time on 12 April 2004. Sean is introduced as a gay colleague of Martin Platt (Sean Wilson) and Karl Foster (Chris Finch). Some months after his first appearance Sean comes to Coronation Street, desperately looking for somewhere to live. Karl's ex-boyfriend Todd Grimshaw (Bruno Langley) recognises Sean and takes him for a drink at The Rovers. When Todd's mother Eileen Grimshaw (Sue Cleaver) meets Sean she likes him and offers him a place to stay. Her other son, Jason Grimshaw (Ryan Thomas), is not pleased but later warms to the idea. Sean gets a job at Underworld, where he makes friends with Fiz Brown (Jennie McAlpine) and Kelly Crabtree (Tupele Dorgu).

He has been on the street since 2003 but didn't start working at the Rovers until 2005.

https://coronationstreet.fandom.com/wiki/Sean_Tully

https://coronationstreet.fandom.com/...lly#Appendices

😉
    Last edited by bratface; 27-09-2023 at 19:25.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bratface For This Useful Post:

alan45 (03-10-2023), Perdita (27-09-2023)

Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post
    Been there since 2003!

Sean Tully
    We need to 20 year celebration on or near to 20 April 2024.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Dennis tanner For This Useful Post:

Perdita (28-09-2023)

Ryan's customer

I am thinking of who Ryan's mystery customer is, for all this like the story in Ee with Stacy being stalked by Theo.
    Corra has not done much wit this, so is it going to develop into a story for Ryan (yea again)

I reckon the "customer" will be in plain sight!

Any guesses?
    I think Todd, he is a minx and not got much of a part.

Thread Information