Page 653 of 1129 FirstFirst ... 153553603643651652653654655663703753 ... LastLast
Results 6,521 to 6,530 of 11287

Thread: Coronation Street - Current Episode Discussion - V

Quote Originally Posted by Jadefalcon View Post
    The garage traffic is never heavy plus spends most of its time sitting static and the parking problem had only been a very recent thing, this is a really poorly thought out storyline
    Although we are seeing more cars parked in Coronation street we rarely see any moving. Coronation street is not on a major route to anywhere, the viaduct and the rail lines stop it being a cut through to anywhere. I have always had the impression it is a back street surrounded by other back streets. The fact that Liam and Jack were playing football in the street seems to suggest there is not a lot of through traffic. Visit any terraced street in the country and you will find car parked nose to tail on both sides of the street if it is wide enough. Obviously pollution travels on the wind but it is probably no worse here than in most urban environments, so Sally's local campaign would have very little effect on the overall levels. A bypass has been mentioned at times but I thought that was some distance away. Until recently we rarely saw more than one or two cars parked there, in fact someone on here mentioned this not so long ago. The amount of parked car in Coronation Street has not been typical of your average urban back street until now. So in reality it has just caught up wth the rest of the country.
    Last edited by Son of Cain; 26-08-2021 at 10:13.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Son of Cain For This Useful Post:

bratface (26-08-2021), Jadefalcon (26-08-2021), lizann (27-08-2021), parkerman (26-08-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Son of Cain View Post
    Although we are seeing more cars parked in Coronation street we rarely see any moving. Coronation street is not on a major route to anywhere, the viaduct and the rail lines stop it being a cut through to anywhere. I have always had the impression it is a back street surrounded by other back streets. The fact that Liam and Jack were playing football in the street seems to suggest there is not a lot of through traffic. Visit any terraced street in the country and you will find car parked nose to tail on both sides of the street if it is wide enough. Obviously pollution travels on the wind but it is probably no worse here than in most urban environments, so Sally's local campaign would have very little effect on the overall levels. A bypass has been mentioned at times but I thought that was some distance away. Until recently we rarely saw more than one or two cars parked there, in fact someone on here mentioned this not so long ago. The amount of parked car in Coronation Street has not been typical of your average urban back street until now. So in reality it has just caught up wth the rest of the country.
    This might help: http://www.corrie.net/chat/ratucs/press/map.html

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to parkerman For This Useful Post:

Snagglepus (27-08-2021), Son of Cain (30-08-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Son of Cain View Post
    I made a joke some time ago that the residents cars must be hidden away and that you could almost imagine a Thunderbirds style sequence complete with music of them emerging from underground car parks.

Why didn't thick Maria attack one of the non resident vehicles or is it a case that she assumed she would get away with it if it was someone she knows

Also the burst of exhaust fumes seemed more like because Kirk was grinding the gears and not changing gear properly.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Jadefalcon For This Useful Post:

Son of Cain (27-08-2021)

Half a sleep Jack

WEll, Jack been missing for ages, he has grown but not matured, he was so dippy when Liam was clearly struggling, most kids I know
    would have been yelling for help.

Very least he could have done whilst away is have acting lessons, what a boring no emotion actor, dull as dishwater

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mysangry For This Useful Post:

Dennis tanner (26-08-2021), Son of Cain (27-08-2021)

kelly isn't fully innocent butt out simon, she could get legal aid, should barristers be trying the case not solicitors

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lizann For This Useful Post:

parkerman (27-08-2021), Son of Cain (28-08-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by lizann View Post
    kelly isn't fully innocent butt out simon, she could get legal aid, should barristers be trying the case not solicitors
    Legal aid? Barristers? I don't think any of us knows the answers to these two questions, lizann, as none of us have read the "Guide to Weatherfield Law". All we know is that it is entirely different to the rest of England and Wales, so maybe Kelly is not entitled to legal aid under their system. Maybe they don't have barristers under their law. Who knows?

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to parkerman For This Useful Post:

lizann (28-08-2021), Perdita (28-08-2021), Son of Cain (28-08-2021)

a law unto themselves there

14. The Following User Says Thank You to lizann For This Useful Post:

parkerman (28-08-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by parkerman View Post
    Legal aid? Barristers? I don't think any of us knows the answers to these two questions, lizann, as none of us have read the "Guide to Weatherfield Law". All we know is that it is entirely different to the rest of England and Wales, so maybe Kelly is not entitled to legal aid under their system. Maybe they don't have barristers under their law. Who knows?
    8 years for manslaughter but out after 4 ?

A few murderers only do 8 years.

where is johnny living and working, on ms sick benefit, looking very healthy since prison

Why do folk in soapland always blur personal stuff out on the street instead of, for example, just saying "Imran, I need to speak to you urgently" ... that way the opposing solicitor does not overhear stuff she should not have ...

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dennis tanner (28-08-2021), lizann (28-08-2021), parkerman (28-08-2021), Ruffed_lemur (28-08-2021), Son of Cain (30-08-2021)

Thread Information