Benidorm is getting a 10th series - with Shane Richie and Tim Healy both returning
Congratulations are in order for ITV's Benidorm, which has been commissioned for its tenth series - before its ninth run has even finished.
The award-winning comedy returned to the channel Wednesday night (March 1) and won its time slot, peaking at 4.9 million viewers.
The tenth series will begin production on location in Benidorm this month, and favourites Shane Richie and Tim Healy will both be returning.
Hooray!
"When I wrote the first script of Benidorm I had no idea it would change my life so dramatically over the next 10 years," said show creator, writer and exec producer Derren Litten.
"As I put the finishing touches to the 74th episode I am so grateful to our fans and to ITV for giving Benidorm the best possible home we could hope for. Here's to the next 10 years!"
Tim Healy will return as drag act Les/Lesley full time, while Shane Richie will reprise his role as lively entertainer Sammy Valentino for four episodes.
Legendary comedy duo Hale & Pace will also join the series as undercover detectives investigating Les/Lesley - which sounds like a recipe for a right hoot.
While Richie and Healy are back, Johnny Vegas unfortunately won't be returning for series 10, but the good news is that Sherrie Hewson will be as the fabulous Joyce Temple-Savage.
What more could we ask for?