Thread: Fi Browning (Lisa Faulkner)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Fi Browning (Lisa Faulkner)

Celebrity MasterChef winner Lisa Faulkner will be setting the apron aside for a new role in EastEnders.

Lisa Faulkner on BBC One
    © BBC
    The celebrity chef and actress has landed a part in the BBC One soap as Fi Browning, described as being a "stylish, sophisticated businesswoman" sure to shake up Albert Square (via The Mirror).

"I'm so happy to be joining the cast of EastEnders – it's an iconic show and I can't wait to play my part in it," she excitedly announced.

"Fi Browning is a hugely exciting character and I'm really looking forward to working with [producer Sean O'Connor] and all the team, and revealing more about her. I can't say any more now as I'm sworn to secrecy, but it's going to be a lot of fun."

Aside from winning Celebrity Masterchef back in 2010, she has appeared in Spooks, Holby City, Dangerfield and the ITV police procedural Murder in Suburbia.

EastEnders producer Sean O'Connor said today (March 2): "I'm really thrilled that we have been able to tempt Lisa Faulkner back to TV drama and back to the BBC.

"She's an extremely accomplished and hugely popular actress and we're very excited to have her in Albert Square. Fi Browning is something of a departure for EastEnders; a no-nonsense but sophisticated businesswoman with strength and vulnerability.

"But does she have an agenda? And who - or what - has she set her sights on?"

All intriguing questions - we can't wait to see what Fi has up her sleeve this spring!

The soap made its fair share of headlines last month by casting Blue's Lee Ryan in a short-term role as the roguish Woody Woodward - a decision met with a mixed reaction from the Albert Square faithful.

Digital Spy

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

lizann (03-03-2017)

Thread Information