Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fi Browning (Lisa Faulkner)

Fi Browning (Lisa Faulkner)

Celebrity MasterChef winner Lisa Faulkner will be setting the apron aside for a new role in EastEnders.

Lisa Faulkner on BBC One
    © BBC
    The celebrity chef and actress has landed a part in the BBC One soap as Fi Browning, described as being a "stylish, sophisticated businesswoman" sure to shake up Albert Square (via The Mirror).

"I'm so happy to be joining the cast of EastEnders – it's an iconic show and I can't wait to play my part in it," she excitedly announced.

"Fi Browning is a hugely exciting character and I'm really looking forward to working with [producer Sean O'Connor] and all the team, and revealing more about her. I can't say any more now as I'm sworn to secrecy, but it's going to be a lot of fun."

Aside from winning Celebrity Masterchef back in 2010, she has appeared in Spooks, Holby City, Dangerfield and the ITV police procedural Murder in Suburbia.

EastEnders producer Sean O'Connor said today (March 2): "I'm really thrilled that we have been able to tempt Lisa Faulkner back to TV drama and back to the BBC.

"She's an extremely accomplished and hugely popular actress and we're very excited to have her in Albert Square. Fi Browning is something of a departure for EastEnders; a no-nonsense but sophisticated businesswoman with strength and vulnerability.

"But does she have an agenda? And who - or what - has she set her sights on?"

All intriguing questions - we can't wait to see what Fi has up her sleeve this spring!

The soap made its fair share of headlines last month by casting Blue's Lee Ryan in a short-term role as the roguish Woody Woodward - a decision met with a mixed reaction from the Albert Square faithful.

Digital Spy

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

lizann (03-03-2017)

could be connected to max and his shady business partner wanting to tear whole place down

4. The Following User Says Thank You to lizann For This Useful Post:

kaz21 (03-03-2017)

Lisa Faulkner has revealed that she'll be in EastEnders for at least six months as mysterious newcomer Fi Browning.

Celebrity MasterChef winner Lisa has landed a part in the BBC One soap, with her character Fi described as a "stylish, sophisticated businesswoman" sure to shake up Albert Square.

Little else is currently known about Fi's arrival – or who she is connected to – though we reckon she may have something to do with Max Branning.

Lisa has now confirmed that she'll be on screen for a while, meaning there is bound to be plenty of drama in store for the enigmatic newbie.

Speaking on Sunday Brunch yesterday (March 26), Lisa explained: "I thought it was eight weeks and then they said, 'Oh, actually it's six months at first'.

"I have to say it's amazing to be back acting. But going into the Vic is terrifying."

Speaking about her arrival previously, Lisa said: "Fi Browning is a hugely exciting character and I'm really looking forward to working with [producer Sean O'Connor] and all the team, and revealing more about her.

"I can't say any more now as I'm sworn to secrecy, but it's going to be a lot of fun."

Digital Spy

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

tammyy2j (28-03-2017)

Chris Coghill who played Tony is her ex husband

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tammyy2j For This Useful Post:

lizann (28-04-2017), Perdita (28-03-2017)

Lisa Faulkner has teased more information about her upcoming role in EastEnders.

The Celebrity Masterchef winner will be joining the BBC soap next week as tough businesswoman Fi Browning – and has hinted at a 'hard' edge to her character.

"There's going to be plenty of drama with Fi," she told The Sun.

"When the show's casting director Julia Crampsie and executive producer Sean O'Connor said they wanted to see me, acting wasn't in my remit. But they talked a really good talk.

"I realised I'd never played anybody like Fi before. I'd always said: 'I want to cook and I want to act,' but I wanted to play somebody that excites me.

"With this I thought: 'I'm gonna have to jump in with both feet. I can't turn this down.' I'm the complete opposite to Fi.

"It's nice to play someone who doesn't care what people think of her, because I really care. I wish I was a bit harder, like her."

Lisa's partner, Masterchef judge John Torode, also approves of her latest gig.

"John's a massive EastEnders fan," she added. "I didn't realise how much until I got the part.

"He already knew everybody in it. For my first day he bought me a mug with an 'L' on it, so I have my tea in that every day."

"We're a house full of secrets – John knows the MasterChef winners and I know what's going to happen in EastEnders," says Lisa. "People would have fun going through our bins!"

Lisa, who previously appeared on Brookside as eco-warrior Louise Hope, added: "Louise was the other end of the scale to Fi Browning.

"She had nose and ear piercings. She was completely p****d and had weird dreadlocks."

Digital Spy

she is rumoured to be get close to jack, is this part of max and josh's plans

so lover of max and part of his plan to tear down the square

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to lizann For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (29-07-2017), kaz21 (28-07-2017), Rear window (28-07-2017)

ewwww

dirty dirty

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rear window For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (29-07-2017), kaz21 (29-07-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by Rear window View Post
    ewwww

dirty dirty
    The way she slobbered all over him after knowing he'd just been with Carmel made me feel a little sick. That's some twisted relationship they've got going...

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dazzle For This Useful Post:

kaz21 (29-07-2017), parkerman (29-07-2017), Perdita (29-07-2017), Rear window (29-07-2017)

That's what I thought. Now that's icky.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kaz21 For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (29-07-2017), Rear window (29-07-2017)

Thread Information