Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Woody (Lee Ryan)

Woody (Lee Ryan)

Lee Ryan has landed a short-term role on the BBC One soap as a new character called 'Woody' Woodward who'll cause lots of trouble when he turns up in Albert Square this spring.

"I am so excited to be part of the show," Lee beamed. "Woody is the best role I could have wished to play. He's a brilliant character, and it's clear he's been leading a full and colourful life.

"I can't wait for people to see what he's like for themselves. Everyone at EastEnders has been so welcoming. I know some of the cast already so I'm sure we're going to have a lot of fun."

So who exactly will Woody be causing trouble for when he arrives in Walford? You'll have to tune in to find out because EastEnders bosses are keeping that info a closely-guarded secret.

However, executive producer Sean O'Connor has teased: "I'm delighted to welcome Lee Ryan to Walford as 'Woody' Woodward. Woody is a man who has worked hard and played hard in bars, clubs and pubs around the world and has finally decided to stop wandering and put down some roots.

"He's going to ruffle some feathers and obviously break some hearts, so there's a great deal to look forward to as soon as he bursts onto the square. Lee is a perfect casting for Albert Square and we knew straight away we wanted him for the role."

2. The Following User Says Thank You to lizann For This Useful Post:

Perdita (16-02-2017)

Lee Ryan makes his long awaited debut in EastEnders – and he is immediately stirring up disharmony for the Carters as Linda has asked him to take control at the Queen Vic while she and Mick are absent.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lizann For This Useful Post:

kaz21 (11-04-2017), tammyy2j (11-04-2017)

I thought Sharon was to run the Queen Vic for Linda?
    Last edited by tammyy2j; 11-04-2017 at 17:51.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to tammyy2j For This Useful Post:

kaz21 (11-04-2017)

Blue star Lee Ryan will arrive on EastEnders next week - but his character 'Woody' Woodward will not receive a warm welcome from the Carter clan at the Queen Vic.
    Scenes to be shown on Tuesday 18 April see the family learn that bar manager Woody has been sent by Linda to help out at the pub in her and Mick's absence.

But it will be a baptism by fire for the new arrival, who'll immediately have to deal with a fresh disaster upstairs at the Vic. And let's just say that the Carters won't exactly be making Woody feel at home.

Speaking recently about his signing to the soap: “I am so excited to be part of the show. Woody is the best role I could have wished to play.
    "He’s a brilliant character, and it’s clear he’s been leading a full and colourful life. I can’t wait for people to see what he’s like for themselves.
    "Everyone at EastEnders has been so welcoming. I know some of the cast already so I’m sure we’re going to have a lot of fun.”
    Executive producer Sean O’Connor added: "I’m delighted to welcome Lee Ryan to Walford as ‘Woody’ Woodward. Woody is a man who has worked hard and played hard in bars, clubs and pubs around the world and has finally decided to stop wandering and put down some roots.
    "He’s going to ruffle some feathers and obviously break some hearts, so there’s a great deal to look forward to as soon as he bursts onto the Square. Lee is a perfect casting for Albert Square and we knew straight away we wanted him for the role.”

Is he an employee of Elaine from her pub?

a lover for johnny or whitney or both

10. The Following User Says Thank You to lizann For This Useful Post:

kaz21 (19-04-2017)

He is coming back so a pregnancy will be a cert

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

tammyy2j (23-05-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post
    He is coming back so a pregnancy will be a cert
    Tina or Whitney or both

Tina would be interesting.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to kaz21 For This Useful Post:

tammyy2j (23-05-2017)

http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/l...least-10477677

Ryan, 33, has clinched a deal for him to return to Albert Square for at least a year.

Woody will be back on screen from late summer, with Lee resuming filming next month.

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tammyy2j For This Useful Post:

Glen1 (23-05-2017), kaz21 (23-05-2017), lizann (30-06-2017)

Thread Information