There's been loads of speculation lately on whether Grant Mitchell will be making a return to Walford for good, now that Michelle Fowler (the baby mama of his son Mark Jr) is back on the square.

But forget Ross Kemp for a hot sec, there may be another classic character returning...

Remember Kelvin Carpenter? You know, one of the original East End teenagers played by Paul J. Medford? The heartthrob who was at the centre of love triangle with BFFs Michelle and Sharon and ended up having a fling with both of them? Yeah, him.

EastEnders - Kelvin Carpenter (left)
© BBC
Well, fans of the BBC One soap reckon he's coming back after Thursday night's episode (February 9) showed Martin take Michelle's phone and message her "old friend".

Over on Twitter, one viewer wrote: "So can we expect Kelvin to turn up? I'm sure I remember him from years ago..." while another added: "used to fancy Kelvin myself, hope he comes back too..."

Follow
Trish @AnnyTrish
#eastenders So can we expect Kelvin to turn up? I'm sure I remember him from years ago....
10:05 PM - 9 Feb 2017
Retweets likes
Follow
simon lowe @S_A_Lowe
Used to fancy Kelvin myself #eastenders hope he comes back too
11:42 PM - 9 Feb 2017
Retweets 1 1 like

View image on Twitter
View image on Twitter
Follow
Eastieoaks @EastieOaks
#Eastenders Kelvin throwback
10:00 PM - 9 Feb 2017
6 6 Retweets 12 12 likes
Follow
E Plus ✔ @EPlusOnline
I wonder if it's gonna a be the same Kelvin... Knowing #Eastenders, it's prolly gonna a be an imposter
10:07 PM - 9 Feb 2017
Retweets likes
Follow
⚓️*TigridiaPhotos*⚓️ @TigridiaPhotos
How many Kelvin Carpenter's must there be on Facebook, & Martin just happened to pick the right one in 30 secs??? 🤣 @jimmybye #Eastenders
10:07 PM - 9 Feb 2017
Retweets 1 1 like
Follow
Laurie Hooper @lauriehooper
Not-Michelle, do not pretend you know who Kelvin is. #EastEnders
9:57 PM - 9 Feb 2017
1 1 Retweet 3 3 likes

Follow
Miss Mad News @madnewsblog
Cue the return of Kelvin Carpenter #eastenders
Retweets likes
Follow
Amy @geordiegalg
Surely Kelvin isn't coming back?! #EastEnders
10:01 PM - 9 Feb 2017
Retweets likes
Follow
Joe @JoeMackenzie16
#eastenders Omg Kelvin will be back next week
Retweets 2 2 likes
Follow
Sharon @shazzab74
Kelvin blast from the past #EastEnders
9:56 PM - 9 Feb 2017
Retweets 1 1 like
Follow
Alfie Sheldon @AlfieS12
KELVIN SURPRISE RETURN. #EastEnders
9:56 PM - 9 Feb 2017
1 1 Retweet 5 5 likes
Follow
Ryan Love @RyanJL
Throwback Thursday! Kelvin Carpenter wow #EastEnders
1 1 Retweet 1 1 like
Paul J. Medford played Kelvin Carpenter in the soap between 1985 and 1987.

It wouldn't be the first time EastEnders bosses have left the story outcome out of the spoilers – could Kelvin actually turn up a little later on? Or is it just a red herring? Only time will tell...

It comes after Louisa Lytton revealed that she could still return to EastEnders...

The 28-year-old, who is currently starring as Rizzo in the touring theatre production of Grease alongside The Wanted's Tom Parker, has said that she wouldn't rule out a comeback to Albert Square.

View image on Twitter
View image on Twitter
Follow
Lorraine on ITV ✔ @ITVLorraine
'Rizzo is my favourite character!' - @louisalytton is hitting the road playing Rizzo in hit 70s musical #Grease #LouisaLytton
9:42 AM - 8 Feb 2017
7 7 Retweets 23 23 likes
The former Walford actress, who played girl-next-door Ruby Allen in the soap, told Lorraine: "I could go back – I'm not dead!

"I left in the back of a taxi. I could go back but there are no family members there.

"Stacey is still in the show, we were best friends in the show, so there's always the possibility."

She added: "I loved my time [on EastEnders] and it was my launching pad.

"I was at school doing my GCSEs at the time. I loved it – at that age, you take everything in your stride."

Lytton played Ruby from 2005 to 2006. She went on to compete in Strictly Come Dancing and star as PC Beth Green in ITV's The Bill.