Thread: Kip Gamblin (Brad Willis) joins The Bodyguard the musical in lead role

Kip Gamblin (Brad Willis) joins The Bodyguard the musical in lead role

Article in The Sunday Telegraph (Sydney Confidential) today.

The Bodyguard: Kip Gamblin joins Aussie musical in lead role as Kevin Costner’s Frank Farmer

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ent...29e3aa22afc5c4

HE is best known for his roles on Neighbours and Home and Away, but Kip Gamblin is getting ready to literally put his body on the line for his latest role.

Actor and former dancer, Gamblin will join The Bodyguard musical, taking on the role made famous by Kevin Costner as ex-secret service agent Frank Farmer. He will join singer Paulini, who takes the role made famous by Whitney Houston.

For Gamblin, best known for his roles as Brad Willis on Neighbours and Scott Hunter on rival soap Home And Away, it is a welcome change to tell a story from beginning to end.

“Inside TV it’s the story that never ends, so to be involved in a piece of art that has a beginning and most of all a conclusion, it will be nice to tell a story every night,” Gamblin said.

“I love the fact that he doesn’t have to have a cheesy smile constantly ... Frank is pretty stone-faced which I liked.”

Gamblin is very comfortable on stage, having spent time with the Australian Ballet and Sydney Dance Company. However, singing presents a new challenge.

“I apparently sing a song, but Frank is not a good singer, so it should be interesting. I wouldn’t say I’m the world’s strongest singer, but singing badly I think there’s quite an art to it.”

The Bodyguard is at the Sydney Lyric Theatre from April 21.

Tickets are on sale from $70 at sydneylyric.com.au

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Pantherboy For This Useful Post:

MellBee (29-01-2017)

Surely he can't do both unless he takes a break from neighbours.

Thread Information