Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Alf Stewart (Ray Meagher)

Isle of Widget.. well used to be more Southampton ish for now
    How long has it been since we last had that old tub on our screens?

Cant they get a newer one? One that isnt make from wood and can only chug along at four miles an hour.

Isle of Widget.. well used to be more Southampton ish for now

Cant they get a newer one? One that isnt made from wood and can only chug along at four miles an hour.
    Last edited by Splashy; 23-07-2016 at 07:05.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Splashy For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (30-07-2016)

Quote Originally Posted by Splashy View Post

Cant they get a newer one? One that isnt made from wood and can only chug along at four miles an hour.
    Blasphemy! The Blaxland is a Summer Bay icon!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Dazzle For This Useful Post:

Perdita (30-07-2016)

Alf Stewart (Ray Meagher)

He's never been one to mince his words, and Home and Away star Ray Meagher has opened up for the first time about which plots really made his blood boil.
    The 71-year-old actor, who plays Summer Bay veteran Alf Stewart, spoke candidly last year about how he had to have a fairly severe word with his bosses over the direction of the show.
    Ray has now pointed the finger firmly at those Braxton boys, admitting he believes their plots were far too dark.
    He explained: "I think we went off the rails a bit there. There's always going to be bad things happening in the Bay from time to time but I think we got to the stage where there were 80% bad things happening and 20% reasonable stuff. There should be a maximum of about 30% bad stuff. You know, the River Boys - Steve Peacocke and Lincoln Younes - were just absolutely sensational performers. They did such a good job with what they were given, but I just thought a lot of what they were given was a bit too dark."
    Ray is also very protective of his alter ego Alf, adding: "I never attempt to change the story but I'll attempt to change - I do change - the way he speaks. Over a period of time, we have had a great number of writers. Some are old, some are young; some are straight, some are gay; some are English, some are New Zealanders, some are Aussies; some are men, some are women, and not all of them are going to be able to write accurately for all the characters. Some of them will put their version of a very classic Australian line in for Alf and it won't be within a bull's roar, but I know what they mean and I can put it into Alf speak. The other thing that I try to say to them is one of the basic tenets of Alf - if he's in a confrontational situation, it wouldn't matter if the Incredible Hulk was the other bloke, if Alf thought he was right he would not back down to anybody."
    Ray is the show's longest-serving cast member, having played the role of Alf since episode one in 1988.

He does not look 71 to me .. hope he stays for a long time to come yet

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (02-09-2016), Pantherboy (02-09-2016)

He really is the heart of the show. Good on him for sticking to his guns. He's right too. When Rosie should have become a regular character the Braxton stuff should have died down, but instead after a few months, she was written out.

I feel like we're slowly returning to the original spirit of Home and Away with the likes of Tabitha, Elly and Duncan in the picture. Let's hope all this Morgan family crap is resolved soon so we can get into everyday familial dramas with them.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CuriousCase For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (11-09-2016), Pantherboy (11-09-2016)

He really is the heart of the show. Good on him for sticking to his guns. He's right too. When Rosie should have become a regular character the Braxton stuff should have died down, but instead after a few months, she was written out.

I feel like we're slowly returning to the original spirit of Home and Away with the likes of Tabitha, Elly and Duncan in the picture. Let's hope all this Morgan family crap is resolved soon so we can get into everyday familial dramas with them.

Ray Meagher's Australia Day Honour

Home and Away stalwart Ray Meagher (Alf Stewart) has today been recognised in the Australia Day honours list with a Medal of the Order of Australia, for his service to performing arts as an actor.

Born Raymond Francis Meagher in 1944, Ray grew up on a Queensland sheep and cattle station, which he credits for being the source of some of Alf’s famous quotes – “The expressions are stolen from genuine knockabout bushies or eccentric characters in the back of rugby sheds” said Ray in a 2013 interview. “Lines like ‘Stone the flamin’ crows’ are straight from the outback.”

After playing A Grade rugby for ten years in Brisbane, including a few games for Queensland, Ray moved to Sydney to pursue his acting ambitions. In the early starts of his screen career, which has so far lasted over forty years, Ray had bit parts on over thirty Australian films and mini-series, as well as three separate roles in the cult soap Prisoner.

In 1987 Ray filmed a pilot for an upcoming Seven Network soap, and the rest is history. After initially committing to Home and Away for a six month contract following the successful pilot, Ray’s 29 year tenure in Summer Bay has seen him take a Guinness World Record for being the longest-serving actor in an Australian TV series—an accolade held jointly with Kate Ritchie until her departure from the show at the end of 2007—as well as a Gold Logie in 2010 for being the Most Popular Personality on Australian Television.

Ray married his long-term partner Gilly in 2010, and is currently contracted on Home and Away until the end of 2018, as he revealed in a recent interview for NZ’s Sunday Star Times – “so I’m looking a rough chance to get there. The head of drama of Seven said the other day ‘we better have a yarn again soon’..”

Speaking of his award, Ray told Sunrise he was “humbled and honoured, it was something I never expected“.

Ray’s former co-star Judy Nunn, who played on-screen wife Ailsa from 1988-2000 with a guest stint in 2002, previously received a Medal of the Order of Australia in 2015—for her services to the performing arts as a scriptwriter and actor of stage and screen, and to literature as an author.

https://i0.wp.com/www.backtothebay.n...gher.jpg?w=825
    https://i0.wp.com/www.backtothebay.n...ray1.jpg?w=650
    https://i2.wp.com/www.backtothebay.n...ray2.jpg?w=650

BTTB

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Pantherboy For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (26-01-2017), Perdita (26-01-2017), TaintedLove (27-01-2017)

Home and Away is lining up a terrifying stalker ordeal for Alf Stewart in a mystery storyline that will leave fans baffled.

Last week, we revealed how Alf (Ray Meagher) would be feared dead when he is targeted after becoming stranded on a deserted beach with Justin and Scarlet.

Thankfully, TV Week has confirmed that Alf does manage to escape from the bush alive – but he is not out of the woods yet as his attacker is still at large.

Justin and Scarlet are hoping they've seen the last of the knife-wielding stranger they found standing over Alf on the beach, but it soon becomes clear that something far more sinister is going on.

Alf and Justin are alarmed when they find the man inside their boat as they prepare for another fishing trip – but manage to get hold of his bag when he flees the scene.

However, the mystery thickens when the pair realise the intruder isn't carrying a wallet or any form of ID, meaning they have no way of finding out what his name is.

Things take a more frightening turn that night when the man watches Alf as he walks home, before jumping out at him from the bushes.

Standing his ground, a brave Alf confronts his stalker – demanding to know who he is and what he wants. But to his surprise, the stranger claims that he has no idea, leaving Alf baffled as to what to do next. Is he telling the truth? And who exactly is he?

Fans will have to wait and see how the intriguing story unfolds, but we can reveal that the mystery man's name will be revealed as Robbo and he's played by newcomer Jake Ryan.

Digital Spy

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (29-07-2017)

Apparently we're going to see Alf's other daughter again for the first time in years. I wonder if the stalker plot will tie in with her in any way? Sounds intriguing anyway.
    Last edited by Dazzle; 29-07-2017 at 16:48.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dazzle For This Useful Post:

kaz21 (29-07-2017), Pantherboy (30-07-2017), Perdita (29-07-2017)

Home and Away legend Alf Stewart falls victim to a shocking attack while out camping later this month.

Alf (Ray Meagher) is enjoying a fishing trip with Scarlett Snow and Justin Morgan when their boat suddenly stops working, forcing them to camp out for the night.

The problem arises when a sinister stranger keeps close watch on them and secretly tries to hot-wire the boat, causing damage and leaving the group stranded.

As Alf, Scarlett and Justin focus on gathering the supplies they need to set up camp for the night, the mysterious stranger eerily continues to keep a close watch over them.

Alf Stewart goes out to collect firewood in Home and Away
    © CHANNEL 5

Justin is pleased to be able to repair the boat the next morning, but they have to delay their return home as Alf is out collecting firewood.

While searching, Alf stumbles across the stranger's own camp and it soon becomes clear that he's not welcome when the man knocks him unconscious. Will Alf be okay? And who is this violent newcomer?

Alf Stewart is followed by a stranger as he collects firewood in Home and Away
    © CHANNEL 5

Robbo attacks Alf Stewart in Home and Away
    © CHANNEL 5

Robbo attacks Alf Stewart in Home and Away
    © CHANNEL 5

Home and Away airs these scenes on Monday, August 28 at the special Bank Holiday times of 11.15am and 5.30pm on Channel 5.

Digital Spy

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Pantherboy (19-08-2017)

Thread Information