Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Chronic Camp Corrie

Thumbs down Chronic Camp Corrie

CHRONIC CAMP CORRIE, these are the three words I use to describe Corrie at the minute, it has been god damn awful since the start of 2005 I just don't know if I can stomach anymore of these harebrained storylines anymore!

I am sure by now you are all agreeing with me, it is virtually impossible not to hold this view point. What exactly is the problem with Chronic Corrie though?

It has become awash with bizarre, goofy, grotesque, ludicrous, comical, drossy characters. This is highly unusual for a soap opera and will not be sustainable for the future. Of course, soaps can have comedy characters, Corrie has managed is greatly in the past but now they are being slaughtered by the likes of Eastenders as stange as it sounds. Eastenders has comedy characters BUT THEY ARE AUTHENTIC CHARACTERS, a true representation of OUR SOCIETY. In Chronic Corrie, THEY ARE NOT, instead they are OTT. Blanche is one example of a good comedy character, but then there is SCOOTER (FFS! Scooter? What brightspark thought of that one then?), DIGGORY, MEL HUTCHWRIGHT, KEITH, THE FACTORY TWINS etc..... All of these feeble characters wouldn't even be able to handle a dramatic storyline, the shows a complete and utter joke.

Not only this folks, but it's also loaded with shabby acting. The likes of those characters mentioned above, as well as Sarah Platt, Adam Baldwin, Dev & Sunita, Charlie , Shelley & Bev, Claire....I could go on but i'll save myself the bother!

The storylines are dreadful, Killer Katy that ran for months and still remains unresolved, whatever happened to a court case? Totally....laughable....

Charlie & Shelley, I won't even go there.

Danny & Leanne, I'd have to be an idiot to believe this load of claptrap.

The other episode, ROY sets about creating the invention left him... could this programme insult my intelligence much more?

To sum it up, right now this is what I think of Corrie

Quote Originally Posted by Digital Duck
    CHRONIC CAMP CORRIE, these are the three words I use to describe Corrie at the minute, it has been god damn awful since the start of 2005 I just don't know if I can stomach anymore of these harebrained storylines anymore!

I am sure by now you are all agreeing with me, it is virtually impossible not to hold this view point. What exactly is the problem with Chronic Corrie though?

It has become awash with bizarre, goofy, grotesque, ludicrous, comical, drossy characters. This is highly unusual for a soap opera and will not be sustainable for the future. Of course, soaps can have comedy characters, Corrie has managed is greatly in the past but now they are being slaughtered by the likes of Eastenders as stange as it sounds. Eastenders has comedy characters BUT THEY ARE AUTHENTIC CHARACTERS, a true representation of OUR SOCIETY. In Chronic Corrie, THEY ARE NOT, instead they are OTT. Blanche is one example of a good comedy character, but then there is SCOOTER (FFS! Scooter? What brightspark thought of that one then?), DIGGORY, MEL HUTCHWRIGHT, KEITH, THE FACTORY TWINS etc..... All of these feeble characters wouldn't even be able to handle a dramatic storyline, the shows a complete and utter joke.

Not only this folks, but it's also loaded with shabby acting. The likes of those characters mentioned above, as well as Sarah Platt, Adam Baldwin, Dev & Sunita, Charlie , Shelley & Bev, Claire....I could go on but i'll save myself the bother!

The storylines are dreadful, Killer Katy that ran for months and still remains unresolved, whatever happened to a court case? Totally....laughable....

The other episode, ROY sets about creating the invention left him... could this programme insult my intelligence much more?

To sum it up, right now this is what I think of Corrie
    Summed up everything I've wanted to say.

People have got into the habit of saying it's good etc and the best soap just like they've got into the habit of saying EastEnders is so bad but the truth is when Corrie tries to do drama it's a complete laughing stock and drama is an important level in soap IMHO.

Not to say they can't do ANY drama because they can but most of it is HORRENDOUS and naturally doesn't fit the environment.

Bring back Hilda thought she was a complete plank at the time but looking back the show needs her!!!!

after watching it tonight i have to agree,its heading for that slippery slope and as we know from ee its hard to pull yaself back again.sean and his gay comments etc are just him himself are detsetible.those factory scenes are the worst there is no point to those twins and all the others in there bore you to death.

Yeah I agree, the twins are completely pointless, and I doubt we'll ever see them in a storyline!
    Happy New Year SoapBoards!

The Twins are rubbish.

The way they both say something at exactly the same time is pathetic
    Happy New Year SoapBoards!

[/QUOTE]CHRONIC CAMP CORRIE, these are the three words I use to describe Corrie at the minute, it has been god damn awful since the start of 2005 I just don't know if I can stomach anymore of these harebrained storylines anymore!

I am sure by now you are all agreeing with me, [/QUOTE] WELL NO ACTUALLY
    It has become awash with bizarre, goofy, grotesque, ludicrous, comical, drossy characters. This is highly unusual for a soap opera
    I dont know EE has managed with similar characters for some time now
    Corrie has managed is greatly in the past but now they are being slaughtered by the likes of Eastenders as stange as it sounds.
    Yes it does sound very strange
    Eastenders has comedy characters BUT THEY ARE AUTHENTIC CHARACTERS, a true representation of OUR SOCIETY.
    Yes we all know pantomime gangsters like Andy Hunter and Johnny Allen [/QUOTE] Blanche is one example of a good comedy character, [/QUOTE]agreed
    but then there is SCOOTER (FFS! Scooter? What brightspark thought of that one then?), DIGGORY, MEL HUTCHWRIGHT, KEITH, THE FACTORY TWINS etc..... All of these feeble characters wouldn't even be able to handle a dramatic storyline,
    agreed

This is a fantastic realistic storyline well acted
    Obviously you have led a sheltered life
    Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe

DD what a load of rubbish. Go back in your polluted pond.

Fancy a chinese anyone? I fancy duck in orange sauce tonight for some reason....

First member of soapboards to be eaten - exclusive.
    Last edited by Richie_lecturer; 02-07-2005 at 01:00.

It is rubbish. alan45 and Richie_Lecturer defending it comes of no surprise atall. They'd defend it even if it was dire.

I thought mods were supposed to be impartial?

Thread Information