Emmerdale fans may have seen the last of Rachel Breckle (for the time being, anyway), but actress Gemma Oaten has lined up a top-secret role in Holby City.

Oaten confirmed that she will be guest-starring on the BBC One medical drama next year in an Instagram post – though she refused to reveal any more details.

"Feeling one of the luckiest and loving every minute!" she captioned a picture showing a redacted script. "Can't say anything more."

And she seemed to be having the time of her life on set.

Follow
Gemma Oaten ✔ @gemmaoaten
Really wonderful first day @BBCHolbyCity can't wait for more. Thank you for all your kind words. Sorry not replied to all! Love you! 🙌😙xx
11:08 PM - 12 Dec 2016 · London, England
3 3 Retweets 42 42 likes
Oaten hasn't been shy in hoping for an Emmerdale comeback at some point down the line.

"I'd love, love to go back to Emmerdale," she said back in September.

"I need to go back and beat up Jai."

"Emmerdale was such a massive part of my life," Oaten shared a few months earlier in May. "It is such a treat of a job. So I don't think you can ever put limitations on going back.

"Some people have got theories that if you play a soap role for long enough, then you get typecast. But I believe you can do what you do with a talent – then you'll get somewhere."

Digital Spy