Page 1 of 1453 12311511015011001 ... LastLast

Thread: Robert and Aaron

Robert and Aaron

To celebrate the one year anniversary of the start of Robert and Aaron's love affair, Emmerdale today released a video compilation on YouTube of Robert and Aaron's moments together.

''Emmerdale - The Robert And Aaron Affair Story'', 17m 26s

"All your favourite RobRon moments! Robert and Aaron's story is fraught with pain and hate, but they just couldn't keep their hands off each other."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PpiDms_T3NA

Telly watcher.. this is not a spoiler.. it is a recap and can be posted in the General thread. Please be careful in future.
    Super Mod

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Siobhan For This Useful Post:

maidmarian (05-12-2015), Perdita (05-12-2015)

Danny Miller thinks Emmerdale will reunite Robron: 'They like us as a couple'

Will producers listen to the pair's dedicated fanbase?

By Daniel Kilkelly, Digital Spy
    8 December 2015

Emmerdale star Danny Miller has predicted that "the power of Twitter" will keep the show's popular Robron storyline going strong.

The actor's character Aaron Livesy has been in an on-off relationship with Robert Sugden (Ryan Hawley) for over a year now, and the story has built up a dedicated online fanbase.

While the pair are currently apart again, Miller is convinced that it's only a matter of time before they're brought back together in some way.

© ITV
    When Aaron calls Robert a pathetic coward, Robert angrily winds him up

Pondering the possibility, Miller commented: "Well, you never know! Upstairs at Emmerdale, they know the power that Twitter has. People are getting so involved in the 'Robron' thing, so I don't think it'll necessarily be the end.

"We don't know and they haven't told us anything, but I think they quite like us as a couple, which is nice to hear."

Paying tribute to his on-screen lover, he laughed: "It's also a testament to Ryan. I'm very proud to work with him. He's been here a year now and he's been amazing. He's a good lad.

"I say too much about him, actually - I think people think I fancy him! But he's great - he's really good, and I think they know that. They've shelved the storyline for now, but I think they're quite keen to see it again."

Robron will share some more scenes in the build-up to Christmas, as Aaron becomes fearful that his troublemaking ex is planning to buy Diane's share of The Woolpack.

Keen to stop that from happening, Aaron starts making plans to put a deposit down on the pub himself - even teaming up with Ross Barton (Michael Parr) for a dodgy job raiding a warehouse in order to make it happen.

Read more at:
    http://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/emme...s-as-a-couple/

I watched the video BUT I do not understand what the show is doing with them. Emmerdale has NEVER had a real gay male headline couple on the show. Are Aaron and Robert EVER going to be a proper gay couple or not? Hollyoaks done fine with their gays so I do not see that the writers are doing.

This is what you can expect next after Aaron Livesy’s confession to Robert Sugden

Poor Aaron Livesy has hit one of his lowest ebbs – so thank heavens he has the support of former lover Robert Sugden who clearly still has feelings for his ex.

Viewers have been left worrying for the self destructive local as he planned to flee Emmerdale before collapsing from sepsis caused by a self harm wound infection. Robert was on hand to get him to hospital and, as they waited in the waiting room, Aaron whispered something which left Robert deeply concerned.

So worried was Robert that he stayed behind until Aaron came round after treatment and pursued what Aaron had said to him, determined to get to the bottom of why the man he seemingly still loves is cutting himself.

Danny Miller once again delivered an emotive performance as he tried to push Robert’s support away and begged him to forget about what he said. But when Robert reminded Aaron that he had said that his dad Gordon had done this to him, it became clear that Robert was unprepared to drop it.

And in the next episodes, which will air on Thursday 21st January, Aaron will make a full confession to his former lover – and Robert even has an admission of his own.

While we are not giving away the outcome of the episodes or what exactly Aaron divulges to Robert, we can promise you that it is some of the most powerful and heartbreaking drama you have ever seen.

As scenes unfold between Robert and Aaron, the scrapyard owner’s devastating childhood is laid bare, leaving him in the most vulnerable state Robert has ever seen.
    Pledging to be there for him through it all, Robert proves to be the ally that Aaron needs.

While we are not giving away the outcome of the episodes or what exactly Aaron divulges to Robert, we can promise you that it is some of the most powerful and heartbreaking drama you have ever seen.

As scenes unfold between Robert and Aaron, the scrapyard owner’s devastating childhood is laid bare, leaving him in the most vulnerable state Robert has ever seen.

Pledging to be there for him through it all, Robert proves to be the ally that Aaron needs.

But there is a dark and shocking journey ahead for Aaron as the consequences of him finally offloading his most traumatic secret play out.

And lives are going to change forever in the wake of a double episode that will leave fans moved and live on in their minds long after the credits roll…

Source http://metro.co.uk/

Emmerdale has just aired some of its most emotional scenes in months, with the devastating revelation that Aaron Livesy was raped by his own father as a child.

Aaron shared the shocking secret with his on-off lover Robert Sugden in Thursday night's double bill (January 21), marking the beginning of a long-running storyline.

Robert (Ryan Hawley) has become increasingly concerned about Aaron in recent days after discovering that he is self-harming again.

When Robert once again sought answers over Aaron's troubled state of mind, he was left shellshocked as Aaron revealed that his dad Gordon sexually abused him throughout his childhood.

In moving scenes, Aaron tearfully explained that Gordon raped him for the first time when he was aged 8. Gordon then used the sex abuse as an evil tactic to control his behaviour.

© ITV
    Robert tells Aaron that he isn't alone

Digital Spy can confirm that the Emmerdale team have been working closely with the NSPCC while devising Aaron's storyline.

Danny Miller, who plays Aaron, has also undertaken various research of his own to ensure that he portrays the issue as sensitively as possible.

Emmerdale's bosses aren't giving much away about how the plot develops from here, but Aaron's revelation will have major repercussions over the weeks and months to come.

Robert has made a loyal promise to keep Aaron's secret to himself. He's determined to keep it out of respect for the man he loves, but Friday's episode will see him once again urge Aaron to be honest with his mum Chas.

Robert will also come face-to-face with Gordon at the pub, but what will he say to him now that he knows the truth?

© ITV
    Gordon is left shaken by what Robert says to him

Emmerdale airs the meeting between Robert and Gordon on Friday (January 22) at 7pm on ITV.

By Daniel Kilkelly, Digital Spy

Video clips and more at:
    http://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/emme...tional-scenes/

wow.....I am not an Aaron fan...(Danny Miller wipes hand over chin to express any emotion) but last night he nailed it for me??!!

and brave of ED to go this route

I had thought abuse but not father/son rape!! If Danny continues and brings this home, all awards to him...

I think the rape storyline is a bit sick I know Emmerdale is television but homophobic people will say the rape made Aaron gay. We know sexual orientation does not work like that. But I just think the writers are really stereotyping making Aaron the tragic depressed gay man. Now straight people might not see this as a big deal but often television and films use the tragic depressed trope specifically for gay men. I have never seen a more sad gay male character on television than Aaron.
    Last edited by Serena Williams; 22-01-2016 at 20:56.

Danny Miller, who plays Aaron Livesy in Emmerdale, recently spoke to Metro.co.uk about his current storyline which has seen him admit his dark childhood secret to former lover Robert. Discovering that Robert was abused as a child by his dad Gordon, Robert has vowed to stand by him and assured him that he won’t be alone anymore.

And it has given viewers hope that there could be a future ahead for the pair. And Miller has done nothing to dissuade viewers from getting their hopes up, agreeing that he would like to see them make progress too.

He told us: ‘The most important line in all of those scenes for Robert and Aaron was Robert telling him that he’s not alone anymore. It really put them in a position where they’re emotionally attached to one another. It’s very interesting now to see where Robert and Aaron go now.

‘It’s very important that Aaron shuts one door before he opens another so it’s down the line but I’d like to see them get together and find happiness together. Certainly given the huge Robron army that’s out there, they always want that…but time is the important thing and they’ve had issues in the past that they still need to work through.’

He added: ‘They do need that recollection and for Robert to say sorry for what went on in the past and change. It’s possible, I’d certainly like to see it but it’s all up to the gods upstairs so we will see what they decide…’

In the meantime, there are further emotional scenes ahead on the soap as Aaron finally divulges his secret in Chas. But as Chas confronts Gordon over the allegations, what will his response be to what his son has accused him of?

By Duncan Lindsay, Metro.co.uk
    http://metro.co.uk/2016/01/26/emmerd...ether-5646538/

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Telly Watcher For This Useful Post:

binky321 (07-02-2016)

It’s what Robron fans have been waiting for over the last few months – and the biggest sign yet that Robert Sugden and Aaron Livesy are to get back together down the line has been dropped by new producer Iain MacLeod, who loves their on-screen chemistry, much like everyone else.

It’s fair to say that in the latter half of last year, things weren’t looking positive for the pair, what with Robert taking Aaron hostage before later getting shot after tearing into his ex lover. However, fans have seen a softer side to Robert and proof that he genuinely loves Aaron since he discovered that the scrapyard owner was abused as a child by his dad Gordon.

Providing a pillar of strength for his ex, Robert has acted selflessly in his support and the former couple are set to grow closer in coming months. And, while the current darkness of Aaron’s situation means that a happy ever after could be a long way off, naturally, MacLeod has confirmed that they ARE in it for the long haul.

Speaking to What’s On TV magazine, the new producer, who took over from Kate Oates, said: ‘I think the performance chemistry between those two lads is just great. There’s years left before I’m even slightly bored of watching them two together. I think they’re in it for the long haul.’

We think it’s time to put those ‘omg Iain MacLeod will destroy Robron!’ fears to bed. And, come to that, the fears that he would undo all of Oates’ success on the show.

He added: ‘When I got the job, I did look up the Emmerdale hashtag on Twitter and there was quite a lot of people going, “I’m never watching Emmerdale again – he’s going to ruin it”. But I’m absolutely not going to change it into something viewers don’t recognise.’

Online opinion poll: "Do you want Robron to reunite?"

YES - I've been waiting for this!, 94%
    NO - They don't work together, 6%

By Duncan Lindsay, Metro.co.uk
    http://metro.co.uk/2016/02/07/it-loo...rdale-5667190/

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Telly Watcher For This Useful Post:

binky321 (07-02-2016)

Thread Information