Thread: Robert and Aaron

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fhionnuisce2 View Post
    Morning everyone

I didn’t post anything else last nite cos a lot to take in but I had thought I’d have had loads to say. Thing was I didn’t really know how I felt about it.

The temporary other place has been so positive I thought I needed to sleep on it and watch again a couple of times.

I agree with Matty that every word that Maxine wrote for them was perfect but there was too much other stuff that did not need to be there.

I also think Paul sums up how I feel really. I don’t know if IM was frightened or what but if this had not been hyped as a ‘wedding’, which it was not in any way, and the scenes had just happened it would have been amazing. Yes I am sure soap weddings have to have some drama (‘will the groom make it to the church on time and all that’) but even if this had been a wedding some of last nite’s other stuff was too much and could have happened at any other time.

There is no doubt Robron love each other and before Aaron goes to prison for 12 months (heavily leaked for some reason) them telling each other how committed they are to each other is perfect. However, I am sorry cos it seems that I am in a minority but I do not think it was a wedding and I wish IM knew that not everyone sees it like he does.
    I so get you Paul about it being upsetting and I agree. Maybe it is a gay guy thing that for example straight girls just don’t get. Absolutely nothing whatsoever wrong with that just to be completely clear. All different views are great and its obvious the majority don’t agree with me. No probs.

I’m still looking forward to Thursday and more emotional stuff and also to Aaron’s ‘journey’ in the weeks ahead.

Robert will be waiting for Aaron, they’ll have the Mill to settle down as a family and probably just the two of them to start with till Liv gets back, which will be time they need alone.

There has to be ups and downs in any relationship especially in a soap, with the twists and turns they are obsessed with, but Robert and Aaron are committed to each other forever … and I’ll still be shipping them x
    I'm sure that IM does know that a lot of people see things differently and that Aaron and Robert did not have a wedding, and they also did not have a commitment ceremony.

I'm also sure that IM knows that he has NOT DELIVERED on the promises he has been making for several months to Robron fans and Emmerdale fans. And I also think he knows that he was taking a huge gamble with our loyalties and our patience. (I certainly have lost patience.)

Maybe IM is a good producer, maybe he is not. It's too early to tell. I do know that he totally lacks credibility following his deception and for that reason I would like him out. Please bring back Kate Oates.

Last night's Robron scenes were great, they were so sweet and so very loving. However, the episode left me feeling bitter at being conned and feeling rather empty as I was disappointed with the storyline.

PS - I do not accept the excuse that the wedding storyline had to be changed and bought forward because of Lucy's imminent maternity leave. IM knew that was going to happen so why did he continue to promise a wedding? Or why did he not write in one scene showing Robert going to buy a marriage licence (or just mention that Robert had done that).

PPS - I also have very serious issues about why a gay couple have been treated like this by Emmerdale (for the second time). Straight couples hugely outnumber gay couples in Emmerdale, yet all the straight couples have proper legal ceremonies.
    Last edited by EddyBee; 22-02-2017 at 13:17. Reason: my spelling

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to EddyBee For This Useful Post:

*RG83* (22-02-2017), Fhionnuisce2 (22-02-2017), Paul_Robs (22-02-2017), Sug-din (22-02-2017)

Thread Information