Page 322 of 1453 FirstFirst ... 2222723123203213223233243323724228221322 ... LastLast
Results 3,211 to 3,220 of 14525

Thread: Robert and Aaron

I've seen the issue of God mentioned before in relation to Aaron's stay in prison. However, I am puzzled where has this come from? A spoiler?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to EddyBee For This Useful Post:

Fhionnuisce2 (26-02-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by EddyBee View Post
    I've seen the issue of God mentioned before in relation to Aaron's stay in prison. However, I am puzzled where has this come from? A spoiler?
    The God things would be weird and muddle the real issues in UK prisons which are drugs and bullying (homophobic), I am sure these are the dark times for along with the Gordon associations.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Paul_Robs For This Useful Post:

EddyBee (26-02-2017), Fhionnuisce2 (26-02-2017), Sug-din (26-02-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by Paul_Robs View Post
    The God things would be weird and muddle the real issues in UK prisons which are drugs and bullying (homophobic), I am sure these are the dark times for along with the Gordon associations.
    Morning everyone

That's interesting Paul and you guyz in England will know better but I read some where which I'll try and find that the two big issues in English prisons are not homophobia but drugs yes and also religious radicalisation which is hardly an ed issue.

I don't think finding God is likely to get you out of prison early cos so easy to fake.

Also the thing about bruises on Aaron and bullying helping him get his appeal. I actually don't think that would work cos it would also be so easy to set up just like Lachlan did.

I think it has to be something else. Even though he pleaded guilty we don't know what he actually said in court that he did and the appeal could be that he had not accepted what he sentenced for with maybe now getting full medical facts on the apparently not very inured Kasim?

Anyway my Sunday morning ramblings ...

I think that came out of a mag article, I remember reading it but cant remember which one. It was vague and think was just spec.

Urgh still not over last week, can't wait for the angst to kick in i rewatched wedding week last night, but had to follow it up with ssw to compensate and balance it out I cant believe the change in them as a couple, they really have come so far

Quote Originally Posted by Fhionnuisce2 View Post
    Morning everyone

That's interesting Paul and you guyz in England will know better but I read some where which I'll try and find that the two big issues in English prisons are not homophobia but drugs yes and also religious radicalisation which is hardly an ed issue.

I don't think finding God is likely to get you out of prison early cos so easy to fake.

Also the thing about bruises on Aaron and bullying helping him get his appeal. I actually don't think that would work cos it would also be so easy to set up just like Lachlan did.

I think it has to be something else. Even though he pleaded guilty we don't know what he actually said in court that he did and the appeal could be that he had not accepted what he sentenced for with maybe now getting full medical facts on the apparently not very inured Kasim?

Anyway my Sunday morning ramblings ...
    Yes drugs seem to be a real problem in UK jails and they are recruiting 2500 extra prison officers, I believe the previous person in government who was charge if prisons cocked it up completely with cut backs which allowed drugs/radicalisation/etc ... to take hold, hopefully they will get it sorted so I suppose this storyline is very topical here.

Regarding homophobia, I think it can be an issue especially in establishments which have a hierarchy and male macho dominant culture which obviously fits perfectly with prisons, although homophobia is not tolerated I am pretty sure in prison if you are gay it would be very difficult unless you are a strong and imposing figure, may be Aaron tolerates it for so long and then takes charge which would be very powerful indeed.

I think the appeal will be based on unreasonable term for Kasim's injuries, past abuse history, business owner & now married - again could be anything but the term sentenced does seem out of kilter with the offence, as I have said before Kasim was skipping around the next day so GBH was way over the top, common assault BUT with provocation (Kasim hit Finn), I think Finn should be ashamed to be honest.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Paul_Robs For This Useful Post:

Fhionnuisce2 (26-02-2017), Sug-din (26-02-2017)

Good morning everyone.

The Sunday spoilers are all about Charity. Looks like we will be seeing plenty of her in the next few days.
    Isn't there always lots of Charity? Like Cain, Chas and Debbie they hog screen time. Robert is back to background now again after having pretty much 3 weeks off before the wedding, then 3 heavy episodes. Sorry but ANYONE saying Robron fans are pandered to, favoured, given preferential treatment etc are just plain stupid and wrong. If I got what I wanted ergo pandered to there'd be lots more Robert on my screen and there'd certainly be no Aaron in prison.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to *RG83* For This Useful Post:

EddyBee (26-02-2017), Paul_Robs (26-02-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by *RG83* View Post
    Isn't there always lots of Charity? Like Cain, Chas and Debbie they hog screen time. Robert is back to background now again after having pretty much 3 weeks off before the wedding, then 3 heavy episodes. Sorry but ANYONE saying Robron fans are pandered to, favoured, given preferential treatment etc are just plain stupid and wrong. If I got what I wanted ergo pandered to there'd be lots more Robert on my screen and there'd certainly be no Aaron in prison.

I often feel that if Robron have the main storyline other cast members seem to pop in and out in random scenes throughout that have no real relevance to their story or anything else and yet if the focus is on a different set of chararcters our boys just seem to disappear off the face of the earth and aren't even just seen sitting about in the bar or the cafe etc.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sug-din For This Useful Post:

*RG83* (26-02-2017), EddyBee (26-02-2017), Fhionnuisce2 (26-02-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by Paul_Robs View Post
    I am not convinced God will come in to the story. The big suggestion is tackling homophobia and drug, the first interactions all related to husband and wedding band, another gay prisoner, his cell mates Lesbian best friend and all of this smacks of Jason sussing is gay and was his partner. With this and the Gordon being his dad will be open to verbal and physical abuse which will in turn tempt him to find a release (drugs). Pretty dark and heavy stuff but if the suggestions are that he will be out April time then we don't have to suffer it too long.

Ian did say the Robron separation would make them stronger.
    I agree - I can't see it being a God related storyline because I think they're subtly doing this storyline with Emma. I think the storyline with Aaron will be a homophobic one and he'll most probably start smoking marijuana to get him through it but Liv will notice that he's stoned when she goes to visit and confronts him and tells him a few home truths which will bring him to his senses. Hopefully it's true what they've been saying on the other forum and twitter that Danny was recently seen filming in Aaron's suit clothes which hopefully means Aaron's now been released. I do love a bit of angst but I'll be more than happy if the prison storyline only only lasts a month/two maximum! I'm also really looking forward to the standalone episode that just focuses on Aaron, Robert, Chas and Liv - shame it's not a 60 minute episode

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to angeldust For This Useful Post:

*RG83* (26-02-2017), Fhionnuisce2 (26-02-2017), pond21 (26-02-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by Sug-din View Post
    I often feel that if Robron have the main storyline other cast members seem to pop in and out in random scenes throughout that have no real relevance to their story or anything else and yet if the focus is on a different set of chararcters our boys just seem to disappear off the face of the earth and aren't even just seen sitting about in the bar or the cafe etc.
    Very true. Robron get screen time if it's their story but they get very little 'supporting' or 'filler' material so we see them less often than others who get shoe horned in to any family drama.

I'll give an example, Robert hasn't once mentioned Vadam trying for a baby, wasn't around when Vic went to hospital (Finn and Aaron were).
    Last edited by *RG83*; 26-02-2017 at 14:51.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to *RG83* For This Useful Post:

Sug-din (26-02-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by angeldust View Post
    I agree - I can't see it being a God related storyline because I think they're subtly doing this storyline with Emma. I think the storyline with Aaron will be a homophobic one and he'll most probably start smoking marijuana to get him through it but Liv will notice that he's stoned when she goes to visit and confronts him and tells him a few home truths which will bring him to his senses. Hopefully it's true what they've been saying on the other forum and twitter that Danny was recently seen filming in Aaron's suit clothes which hopefully means Aaron's now been released. I do love a bit of angst but I'll be more than happy if the prison storyline only only lasts a month/two maximum! I'm also really looking forward to the standalone episode that just focuses on Aaron, Robert, Chas and Liv - shame it's not a 60 minute episode
    When is that stand alone ep?

Thread Information