Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Finn Kelly (Rob Mills)

I hope someone can answer this question about Erinsborough High...
    Why do the female students there wear two different types of uniform? Some are simple checked summer dresses, while others have a crossed ribbon on the blouse like what Piper Willis wears. And Xanthe`s uniform is just the basic one.
    Thanks in advance.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to TaintedLove For This Useful Post:

Pantherboy (19-05-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by TaintedLove View Post
    I hope someone can answer this question about Erinsborough High...
    Why do the female students there wear two different types of uniform? Some are simple checked summer dresses, while others have a crossed ribbon on the blouse like what Piper Willis wears. And Xanthe`s uniform is just the basic one.
    Thanks in advance.
    My understanding TaintedLove, is that in Public High Schools (which Erinsborough High is), there are different uniforms for juniors & seniors (with Years 7-10 being juniors & Years 11-12 being seniors). I gather Piper is in Y12. Not sure what year Xanthe is supposed to be in, maybe Y10?? - which would explain these two girls wearing different uniforms.

Well, that is my suggestion - somebody please correct me if I am wrong here!

Thanks Panetherboy. ♥ I had forgotten that Piper and Xanthe were in different years at school.
    I was thinking along those lines in regards to ages, as my school had the same thing. Years 11 and 12 (or 5th and 6th form as it was known then) we had the same uniform, but with a red/black/yellow striped tie instead on green/yellow/black tie to show we were prefects.

Finn`s comeuppance can`t come soon enough for me. Although I have to grudgingly admit that he is absolutely brilliant at manipulation. I just wish he would use his powers of persuasion for good instead of evil. But that would make him a boring character then wouldn`t it.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TaintedLove For This Useful Post:

kaz21 (20-05-2017), Pantherboy (20-05-2017)

I looked it up, the last birthday xanthe had was her 16th. Where as piper had her 17th birthday.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kaz21 For This Useful Post:

Pantherboy (20-05-2017), TaintedLove (24-05-2017)

Wonder if Finn and Xanthe sleep together? I think it's heading that way.

I really hope not. I'm hoping she will start to get suspicious.

Finn wouldn`t be that vile sleeping with Xanthe would he? Surely he knows he would be fired immediately? Especially as Xanthe is not known for keeping secrets, and would blab within hours of doing the deed.
    I think Fin is devious enough to keep Xanthe on side. And by being so nice to Xanthe she falls in love with him. That`s my guess anyway.
    It`s hard to believe that Ellie has only been in Neighbours 10 months. She arrived last July. Slowly but surely I`ve started to warm to her ever since Fin first arrived. Whoever could have predicated less than a year ago that I would dislike Paige and like Elly? Not me that`s for sure.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TaintedLove For This Useful Post:

badirene (06-06-2017), kaz21 (26-05-2017)

Neighbours teen Ben Kirk could be in danger when he gets on the wrong side of manipulative teacher Finn Kelly.

Finn (Rob Mills) has managed to draw Ben's girlfriend Xanthe Canning into his web recently, brainwashing the schoolgirl into becoming his eyes and ears at Erinsborough High.

Finn's manipulation of Xanthe is all part of his wider plan to steal Susan's job at the school – something he has been plotting for weeks now.

Finn Kelly joins Xanthe Canning for a picnic in Neighbours
    © CHANNEL 5

A new trailer previewing this week's episodes shows a concerned Elly telling Ben that Xanthe could be in danger by getting close to Finn – relaying her fears that the teacher tampered with Susan's medication.

Elly's dark warning comes as Xanthe continues to isolate herself with her unwavering loyalty to Finn – even breaking up with her boyfriend Ben as a result.

Ben in Neighbours trailer
    © CHANNEL 5

In the aftermath of their split, Xanthe refuses to believe Ben's claims that Finn has been doctoring Susan's drugs, and – loyal as ever – immediately tells the villain what her ex has been saying.

Sadly, Xanthe is unaware of the danger she is placing Ben in, and when Finn approaches him later, it's clear he could be in big trouble. Will Ben be Finn's next victim?

Digital Spy

13. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

badirene (06-06-2017), MellBee (06-06-2017), Pantherboy (05-06-2017), tuckec01 (06-06-2017)

Neighbours newcomer Finn Kelly has only been in Erinsborough for a few months, but he's certainly caused plenty of carnage in that time.

Not only has the evil schoolteacher managed to steal Susan Kennedy's job as Erinsborough High principal after tampering with her MS medication, he's also manipulated teenager Xanthe into being his ally.

Digital Spy recently caught up with Rob Mills – who plays Finn – when he was over in the UK to get the lowdown.

What has your time at Neighbours been like?

"It's been great. I came on board to film a guest role to shake things up in Erinsborough and finished up filming a little while ago. It is one of the hardest jobs I've had. The crew are putting together six episodes a week, which is incredible... I'm pretty sure it's the same in the UK, for Corrie and EastEnders."

Have the cast all been welcoming?

"Yes, they've been wonderful. Both the cast and crew welcomed me with open arms – I couldn't believe it actually. I have been working in musical theatre in Australia for the last ten years, and with that, you do become a family on the road. It's quite a small industry but it's thriving.

"But Neighbours has a similar vibe, obviously with less singing and dancing, although I did try and bring some of that to the green room! They were all so lovely. Jackie [Woodburne], Jody [Anasta] and even Ryan, who I didn't do many scenes with, still asked if I needed a hand with anything or if I wanted to read through my scripts with him.

"That's why the show is so successful I think, because everyone gets along so well and everyone is there to make a good product whether that's the cast or the crew."

You're obviously quite well known in Australia, so were people surprised that you chose to do Neighbours?

"I suppose as an actor, you take the work when the work is there. This character really appealed to me when the audition came up so I really jumped at the chance for this. It was a great guest role and four months on Neighbours is incredible exposure for the UK – somewhere I would love to hopefully do some work on the West End and hopefully also do some TV and film. So I looked at it as a career move and a great learning curve for me as well to have to learn so many scripts, so quickly. Everyone talks about Home and Away and Neighbours being a great platform, not only to try and propel you but also to learn from. I don't think any other show works as hard as the cast on Neighbours."

Do you see Finn as a villain or just a really complex character?

"He's not a bad guy, he's actually great! He's inspiring the children of tomorrow. He is a great teacher; he shows great leadership. He even goes out of his way to do extra tutoring on the side, so what do you mean he's a villain? [laughs] I know he threatens people and tried to kill off Susan Kennedy, but these are just small details in Finn's overall plan of just helping the kids out. Everyone talks about him being a bad guy, but I think he's great. We always stand up for our characters."

Jackie Woodburne described him as a sociopath…

"The thing is, sociopaths don't know that they are sociopaths. They think they are doing the right thing –* even lying, and covering up the lies with more lies. I honestly believe that Finn wants to leave a legacy as high school principal and changing the education system. I hope people will see that what he did was for the greater good.

"As far as winning Elly back, he can't tell her everything but still wishes she would trust him. He is a bit delusional, I think. He can't be honest, so she doesn't trust him, but he still feels like she should love him. I feel sorry for him in a way.

"His track record as an educator is second to none – that is why Susan hired him in the first place. Even when he first came in, all the kids love him and they still love him now – he is a great teacher. Sure, he has got some outlandish ideas for education reform, but I honestly believe that he believes it's for the greater good. But he is a narcissist as well."

What has the Susan vs Finn feud been like to film?

"When we shot the episode when Finn swapped Susan's medication, the director said to me that he wanted it to be clear that it wasn't an easy decision for Finn to make. We wanted to be clear that there is good in him and he is unsure whether to do it – that was Finn's thought process.

"We wanted him to be faced with the fork in the road and whether he should go down the path of honesty, or this dark path, and he just keeps choosing the darker path for himself. Often, the quickest way to get somewhere is the darker path which is unfortunate for him, and very unfortunate for Susan."

What's going to happen next now Susan has had to step down?

"It all depends on how quickly Susan can recover. Now she's had this collapse, there is the question of, 'how can she be fit to run a school?'. It's now up to Finn to keep that ball in the air and keep reminding people that Susan isn't fit to run a school and he is. Finn can be charming, and it's agreed that he is the best person for the job."

Were you worried about facing a backlash given Susan is such a popular character?

"I've already been slagged off here in the street in London! Someone said, 'Ooh, that Finn Kelly', and I wanted to be like, 'You know I'm not Finn, right? I'm just Rob'. I forgot that happened here, but I know it happens a lot in theatre.

"It's great though if you can evoke any kind of emotion in an audience. That is what I look for in a play, or a show, or watching TV. If you can evoke real emotion, I think that's wonderful and if that's what happens then it means I'm doing my job right."

We've seen Finn step up his manipulation of Xanthe, but how far is he willing to take this?

"He will go as far as he can without it becoming sexual. He still loves Elly and he will do anything to get Elly back. But with Xanthe, he needs to keep manipulating her in order to keep her on side even if that means telling her that he loves her. He realises that as soon as she stops believing in him, she will just tell everyone what she knows and then the jig will be up."

Has that story been hard to do given the show's timeslot?

"Yes, even I struggled with it when I first started. I felt I needed to ask the writers if he was going to do anything inappropriate so spoke to them about it. I feel like it's a great storyline though as it keeps the tension there the whole time between those two characters.

"I said to Lilly [Van Der Meer] in the make-up chair just before we do a scene, 'I'm probably going to have to look at you really inappropriately today. I'm going to feel uncomfortable, so sorry in advance for all the things I am going to do today'. And she just looked at me and said, 'Yeah Rob, it's acting, so get over it'.

"I was like, great – as long as she's cool. I just wanted to be clear though as she is still 17 – she is not a 20-something-year-old playing a 17-year old. She's so talented though, I adore her. She was really, really wonderful on set and a great actress to play alongside. There are some really great scenes coming up for her as well."

What does the future hold for Finn and Elly now?

"He genuinely loves her, and he can't understand why she doesn't love him back. That is really hard for him to take. He's also got so little time with the aneurysm and he doesn't know how to explain what's actually happening to him. But it's obvious to everyone else that he should be honest with her.

"Trust is everything in a relationship, but because he is such a sociopath that just doesn't occur to him. I think the aneurysm and the ticking time bomb that is his life has skewed his own sense of reality and morality as well, which is unfortunate because without it he's a good guy – just a slight sociopath."

Do you hope Finn redeems himself?

"Well as I said, I've finished filming now so let's hope that there is still room for him to come back and redeem himself…"

Would you have been interested in a regular role, or are you happy he came in, caused trouble and left?

"I love the chaos. The chaos has been my favourite. There is another actor who I met on set and he comes in and out to shake things up as well and he loves it. So if they have me back, that would be great, but if not, I really thoroughly enjoyed my time. I learned so much from all the cast and crew and Jackie was a bit of a mentor to me on set – I don't know if she realises that or not! She was really, really helpful and I learned so much. "

Neighbours airs weekdays at 1.45pm and 5.30pm on Channel 5.

Digital Spy

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

MellBee (15-06-2017), Pantherboy (14-06-2017), Ruffed_lemur (15-06-2017)

Neighbours villain Finn Kelly has finally got his comeuppance – and this time there's no worming his way out of it.

Finn is already facing criminal charges for all of the dastardly deeds he committed during his time at Erinsborough High, but he turned the tables this week with a sick plan to frame Elly Conway for attempted murder.

Wednesday's tense visit to Erinsborough saw Elly (Jodi Anasta) stand accused of trying to smother Finn with a pillow following a mysterious incident in his hospital room.

Finn's claims that Elly tried to kill him were backed up by a drop in his oxygen levels, fibres from the pillow, and CCTV footage which showed that nobody else entered his room around the time of the "attack".

Taking charge of the case, Mark Brennan found himself doubting Elly's innocence but urged Karl Kennedy to think of any way that "paralysed" Finn could have done it to himself.

Sure enough, Mark's wild theory turned out to be true when he and Karl fooled Finn into thinking that they'd spilled a hot drink on him, causing him to move in horror and give away that he wasn't paralysed at all.

As Mark recorded the whole thing on his phone, Finn soon realised the game was up and reluctantly dropped the allegation against Elly, as well as making a full confession to his other crimes.

Neighbours fans will be relieved to know that this marks the end of Finn's many months of lies and manipulation (hurrah!), although we'll see him one last time tomorrow.

Thursday's episode sees Finn play one last card when he demands to speak with Xanthe, Elly, Susan and Ben from his hospital bed.

During each conversation, Finn tries to explain away his actions rather than apologising, but how will Xanthe react when she comes face-to-face with him?

Digital Spy

17. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

MellBee (28-06-2017), Pantherboy (29-06-2017), TaintedLove (28-06-2017), tammyy2j (29-06-2017)

Thread Information