Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Finn Kelly (Rob Mills)

Exclamation Finn Kelly (Rob Mills)

Neighbours have confirmed that Australian Idol star Rob Mills is joining the cast as a new colleague of Susan Kennedy's.

The popular entertainer has been recruited in guest role and will be playing the role of Finn Kelly, a progressive and respected school teacher appointed by Susan.

However, as always, there is more to the affable Mr Kelly than meets the eye and as local residents will discover when glimpses of his past start to be exposed.

Rob started filming with Neighbours this week and his first scenes will air in March 2017.

Speaking about joining the show, Rob said: "I can't wait to get started on the show. As a youngster, I played baseball just behind where Ramsay Street is located and I thought at the time, how great it would be to be on Neighbours, and now it has happened!"

Neighbours' Executive Producer, Jason Herbison said: "Rob is an exceptional talent and we are thrilled to welcome him to Ramsay Street as Finn Kelly, a really intriguing character with some hidden secrets which our audience won't expect."

Rob rose to fame in 2003 as a finalist on the first series of Australian Idol. He has since gone on to star in a number of highly acclaimed productions including, Wicked, Grease, Legally Blonde, The Last Five Year, Into the Woods, Hair and most recently Ghost the Musical.

He has also appeared in Celebrity Apprentice, Dancing with the Stars, Spics and Specs, The Footy Show, The Project and as host of Young Talent Time in 2012.

Digital Spy
    Last edited by Perdita; 16-11-2016 at 11:48. Reason: Added pic :D

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

ChrisRF (13-03-2017), Dazzle (16-11-2016), MellBee (27-03-2017), Pantherboy (16-11-2016), tammyy2j (16-11-2016)

Cant be any worse than Brad with his never ending brood of fruits of his loin creeping out of the woodwork ! He should really get the snip

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to indigodance For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (20-11-2016), MellBee (27-03-2017)

Does the show just recruit from reality shows

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to tammyy2j For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (20-11-2016), kaz21 (16-11-2016), lizann (18-05-2017), MellBee (27-03-2017)

Finn Kelly (Rob Mills)

(Edit: sorry Perdita, I couldn't find the separate thread you had already started on Finn Kelly when I posted this - I didn't look back far enough!!)

News.com.au article on Rob Mills starting a five-month stint next week on Neighbours as schoolteacher Finn Kelly (with a bit of a crossover in the article with Home and Away):

http://www.news.com.au/entertainment...d5cdb7b5c318cd

Rob Mills’ housemate won a TV role that the former Australian Idol contestant really wanted

HOUSEMATES can be annoying. Some don’t wash their dishes and some are a bit too vocal in the bedroom.

But spare a thought for Rob Mills, whose housemate, Ryan O’Kane, did something worse ... he stole the role that Millsy wanted.

“For the past few years I’ve been trying to get onto one of the soaps,” Mills said to news.com.au.

“There was a role on Home & Away that I got pretty close to. It was to play Penny McNamee’s love interest on the show [McNamee plays Tori Morgan].”

As Millsy was waiting for the call from his agent to tell him whether or not he’d landed the role, his housemate walked into the room and delivered some bad news.

“I’m pretty sure he just said, ‘I’ve got the job,’” Mills recalled, adding that he wasn’t at all bitter.

“I was rapt for him. We had a beer to celebrate and I think I even cooked him dinner.”

Millsy might have missed out being Riley Hawkins in Summer Bay, but it didn’t take him long to land an even bigger role on a rival soap.

Next week, the 34-year-old will start a five-month stint on Neighbours as a schoolteacher called Finn Kelly.

“The first day [on the set of Neighbours] was bloody surreal,” Mills said.

Debra Lawrance, who played Pippa on Home & Away, was there as my acting coach. We had a little half an hour session ... and then later that day I had a scene with Susan Kennedy in the principal’s office.

“I was the happiest kid in the world. People look up to the Harolds [Bishop] and Alfs [Stewart] of this world, but as a kid, the Pippas [Ross] and the Susans [Kennedy], they were my heroes.”

Much like the actor himself, Mills’ character is described as charismatic and affable, but according to a Neighbours statement, “it soon becomes apparent that there is more to him than meets the eye as the residents of Ramsay Street catch glimpses of his mysterious past”.

Who knows, maybe they discovered some scandalous photos from his past ...
    Last edited by Pantherboy; 13-03-2017 at 07:23.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pantherboy For This Useful Post:

MellBee (27-03-2017), Perdita (14-03-2017)

Ramsay Street will be welcoming a new face to Neighbours this month in the form of Australian Idol star Rob Mills' new teacher character Finn Kelly, but we could have been seeing him in an entirely different Australian soap if things had played out a little differently.

As it was, it was Mills' own housemate Ryan O'Kane who got in the way of that dream and was cast in the role on Home and Away instead.

"There was a role on Home and Away that I got pretty close to," Rob told news.com.au. "It was to play Penny McNamee's love interest on the show."

But before he could win the role of Riley Hawkins, the surgeon who will be joining the soap in the coming months, his housemate revealed he'd got the call offering him the job.

"I'm pretty sure he just said, 'I've got the job'," Rob said before insisting that there wasn't any bitterness between the friends.

"We had a beer to celebrate and I think I even cooked him dinner."

Luckily, it seems Rob didn't have to wait too long for a lucky break as he's now landed a stint on Neighbours as a progressive teacher appointed by Susan Kennedy (Jackie Woodburne) and his scenes will start airing this month.

New teacher Finn Kelly is warm, easygoing and friendly as he settles in, but he soon clashes with his ex-girlfriend Elly Conway (Jodi Anasta), who is livid to see him and is convinced that Finn has a darker side.

Elly Conway clashes with Finn Kelly in Neighbours
    © CHANNEL 5
    [Elly Conway clashes with Finn Kelly in Neighbours]

"I can't wait to get started on the show," Rob said when his casting was announced last year. "As a youngster, I played baseball just behind where Ramsay Street is located and I thought at the time, how great it would be to be on Neighbours, and now it has happened!"

As for the Home and Away character that got away, Riley Hawkins has already made waves for soap fans watching at Australian pace, but the character has yet to star in Summer Bay for fans in the UK.

Digital Spy

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

ChrisRF (13-03-2017), MellBee (27-03-2017), Pantherboy (14-03-2017)

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

badirene (28-04-2017), MellBee (28-04-2017), Pantherboy (28-04-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post
    thought she was crushing on him

14. The Following User Says Thank You to lizann For This Useful Post:

Pantherboy (28-04-2017)

The way he looked at her yesterday, was so creepy.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kaz21 For This Useful Post:

Aussieguy (29-04-2017), badirene (28-04-2017), Ruffed_lemur (28-04-2017)

he tries to kill susan and elly he really wants to run the school badly

18. The Following User Says Thank You to lizann For This Useful Post:

kaz21 (18-05-2017)

He's so creepy, good villain tho.

Thread Information