Thread: Home and Away legend Debra Lawrance is open to returning

Home and Away legend Debra Lawrance is open to returning

Digitalspy.com article:

Home and Away legend Debra Lawrance is open to returning: 'I'd probably go back as Pippa'
    "If they were that desperate and paid me enough money, of course I'd do it.​"

http://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/home...back-as-pippa/

Former Home and Away star Debra Lawrance hasn't completely ruled out a return to Summer Bay- and that's a new piece of information that we're pretty darn excited about.

The actress, who played Sally Fletcher's mum Pippa Ross on the soap from 1990 until 1998 on, left the role nearly 20 years ago to look after her mother and focus on her family.

And while she has popped up in special guest appearances in the years since, Debra has since said that she's definitely up for a return to the soap - especially if it looks like they'd recast the role if she didn't.

"I never say never," she told News.com, before later adding: "If they needed Pippa that desperately to try and attempt to replace her again then I would probably go back.

"If they were that desperate and paid me enough money, of course I'd do it."

It may be a different Pippa Ross we see on our screens though, as Debra isn't actually sporting Pippa's signature red hair anymore.

"I look completely different now though," she said. "I've got blonde hair and I don't think they could see Pippa being a blonde and I'm not dying it red again for anybody!"

There are also a few more technical considerations to consider before Pippa can make a grand return - namely that Summer Bay has changed a fair bit since she was a regular cast member.

"There are other people living in my house so how can I go back? I'm not staying in a caravan!" she said.

"Also, it's moved beyond the Summer Bay it was when I was there. It's a different town now. There are a few more guns and loads more alcohol. Everyone drinks!"

It's still not a firm 'no' though, so if you need us we'll be thinking of all the ways we can get Pippa Ross back on our screens in the future.

Home and Away airs weekdays on Channel 5.

Digitalspy

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pantherboy For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (12-11-2016), Splashy (12-11-2016)

Isle of Widget.. well used to be more Southampton ish for now
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PXAlgCj4HrY

Yeah shes not the Piper I remember now she has blonde hair, why dont they just bring back Sally? (thou I remember the actress who played Sally quit on a set time period and vowed not to come back)

Anywho, I cant stand any actor/ress who start stating they dont watch much telly like its beneath them like she does in this interview...clicks into patronising mode "so you think you are better than us slobs who pays your wages do you"

Talking of wages its clear shes short of doe ray me ... lets hope they recast her role

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Splashy For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (13-11-2016), Pantherboy (12-11-2016)

Debra really struggles to find anything positive to say about present day H&A in the video Splashy posted above. It's quite a cringeworthy interview (though I must admit I only watched half of it).

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Dazzle For This Useful Post:

Pantherboy (13-11-2016)

Thread Information