Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Derek Harkinson (Ian Lavender)

I think Pauline chucked him out, so he went to stay with his daughter, Mary. If everyone knew this, then they wouldn't have said anything.

i think derek has been over looked due to the whole sonia /martin fall out - there is not enough screen time ti go indepth about his feelings

In a very small country with canals and bikes and windmills and tulips
    That was some one my hubby mentioned the other nite, WHERE IS DEREK ??? I know he made up with his kids, and is living with them ( and not too far away too) I agree with you, he should have put in an appearance, they were friends for a real long time.
    Thanks for the reminder

Exclamation Derek Harkinson (Ian Lavender)

In a bit of a surprise, EastEnders is bringing back Dad's Army star Ian Lavender to play Derek Harkinson once again.

EastEnders: Ian Lavender as Derek Harkinson
    © BBC

Lavender - who originally starred in the BBC soap between 2001 and 2005 - will briefly return to Albert Square for multiple episodes airing across the festive season.

While he was never a marquee character, Derek is probably best remembered for his loveable friendship with Pauline Fowler and as a mentor of sorts to her son Martin.

The close bond between the families was originally struck somewhat surprisingly when Derek rebuffed a romantic pass from Pauline because he's gay.

In his return to EastEnders later in November, Derek will be reunited with Martin for the holiday season.

"It was a lovely surprise to be back and I had a great time," Ian Lavender said today (November 4).

"It was brilliant to work with some old friends again, especially those who I only briefly got to work with before."

Lavender is, of course, best known for playing the bumbling Private Pike in classic BBC sitcom Dad's Army, and has memorably appeared in Keeping Up Appearances and Casualty over the years.

Digital Spy

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (04-11-2016)

Just a thought, I wonder if Derek will move in with Martin and Stacy to be their lodger. Seeing as they are struggling after Belinda and Kyle moved out.

Edit: Nm, just read it as a temp return.
    Last edited by Timalay; 23-12-2016 at 20:36.

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Timalay For This Useful Post:

lizann (23-12-2016), Perdita (23-12-2016), tammyy2j (26-12-2016)

Quote Originally Posted by Timalay View Post
    Just a thought, I wonder if Derek will move in with Martin and Stacy to be their lodger. Seeing as they are struggling after Belinda and Kyle moved out.
    or in with paddy

Quote Originally Posted by Timalay View Post
    or in with paddy

I don't think he fancies Patrick, he is just lonely and missing his partner and wants company

11. The Following User Says Thank You to tammyy2j For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (26-12-2016)

Quote Originally Posted by tammyy2j View Post
    I don't think he fancies Patrick, he is just lonely and missing his partner and wants company
    I agree. I hope he's staying around.

Billy should offer him the flat over the undertaker's business if he stays working full time in the shop with Honey

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to tammyy2j For This Useful Post:

Glen1 (26-04-2017), kaz21 (26-04-2017), lizann (26-04-2017), Rear window (27-04-2017)

Thread Information