Thread: Jessie Canning

Exclamation Jessie Canning

Neighbours is apparently planning to introduce Xanthe Canning's half-sister Jessie in the next 18 months.

And it looks like Lilly Van Der Meer is already gearing up for some sibling rivalry.

Colette Mann and Damien Richardson, who play fellow Canning members Sheila and Gary, revealed the casting news during a Q&A session. But they couldn't help let slip Xanthe/Lilly's true feelings about it.

"Xanthe has another girl, Jessie, who is her sister. And she may come in in the next 18 months," the pair said. "And Lilly Van Der Meer is not too thrilled, let me tell you."

We assume they meant Lilly's character isn't too thrilled...

Jessie is the other daughter of Xanthe's mum Brooke Butler, played by Aussie radio host Fifi Box, who made her debut on the soap last week.

Fans will have to keep their eyes peeled for more casting news in the future, but Xanthe could be getting another sibling as well, as Damien speculated over whether Gary could have a child with Terese.

You'll have to watch the video above to see whether this is an actual possibility though.

Digital Spy

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (03-11-2016), MellBee (05-05-2017), Pantherboy (03-11-2016), tammyy2j (03-11-2016)

I though Jessie was a younger brother of Xanthe, Gary and Brooke's son

She's the half sister of Xanthe.

Quote Originally Posted by kaz21 View Post
    She's the half sister of Xanthe.
    Yes I know that now but previously might have been from how Xanthe talked about Jessie I did think younger brother

Yea, Jessies last names not Canning either, I would say she's a Butler :P

7. The Following User Says Thank You to macisal For This Useful Post:

kaz21 (05-11-2016)

NEIGHBOURS is about to welcome a huge new introduction to Ramsay Street as part of an explosive kidnapping storyline.

Rumours have been circulating that Xanthe Canning’s (played by Lily Van der Meer) half-sister Jessie would be joining Neighbours, but during today’s instalment of the Australian soap, it seems her introduction to Erinsborough will be more controversial than initially imagined.

In a shocking turn of events, Brooke Butler (Fifi Box) came up with a questionable plan after her husband Brian threatened to move to Malaysia with Jessie.

“I can’t believe this,” she cried to Gary Canning (Damien Richardson), after accidentally logging into Jessie’s frequent flyers account. “They’re travelling via Melbourne.”

“He still won’t let you see her though?” Gary gasped. “That’s so unfair.”

Brooke moaned: “If only there were some way of stopping him.”

“I’m all out of ideas,” Gary sighed. “Apart from kidnapping her, what can you do?”

Unfortunately, Gary’s bright idea switched on a lightbulb for Brooke, who vowed to snatch Jessie so she could finally have her two girls together again.

Xanthe’s currently entangled in her own drama, after becoming embroiled in Finn Kelly (Rob Mills) and Elly Cosworth’s (Jodi Anasta) toxic relationship, which turned violent yesterday.

Finn has also plotted to take Susan Hill (Jackie Woodburne) down after she rumbled his plan to butter up Xanthe in a shocking child grooming twist.

http://www.express.co.uk/showbiz/tv-...anning-Channel

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

maxwinchester (05-05-2017), MellBee (05-05-2017), Pantherboy (05-05-2017)

Thread Information