Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Belinda Slater

Belinda Slater

kat's sister is returning but recast

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lizann For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (20-12-2015), Perdita (20-12-2015)

Kat Moon's sister Belinda Slater is returning to EastEnders next year - with Hollyoaks and Holby City star Carli Norris taking over the role.

Viewers will see Belinda arrive back in Walford in January as part of Kat and Alfie's big return storyline.

Belinda hasn't appeared on our screens since Kat's wedding to Alfie at Christmas 2003, then played by Leanne Lakey. Show bosses have teased that Belinda is now returning for "another pivotal moment" in her sister's life.

Norris, best known for playing boozy mum Martha Kane in Hollyoaks and nurse Fran Reynolds in Holby City, will be appearing as Belinda for a guest stint. She previously appeared briefly on EastEnders in 1998, playing guest character Alice McMahon.

"Becoming one of the Slaters is an absolute dream, especially to be part of such a big and important storyline," Norris said today. "It's brilliant to be working with Shane and Jessie."

An EastEnders spokesperson added: "Belinda and Kat have always had a fiery relationship. They both have big personalities and aren't afraid to say what they think, so their reunion is unlikely to run smooth.

"But sisters being sisters, will they see past each other's faults and manage to get their relationship back on track for the sake of the family?"

Kat will make her return to EastEnders in the show's hour-long Christmas Day episode, with Alfie hot on her heels shortly afterwards.

It's set to be an eventful visit for Kat as she discovers the truth about her long-lost son and suffers the devastating loss of her dad Charlie.

This all builds up to the six-part Ireland-based spinoff series that Kat and Alfie will be starring in next year.

I liked Belinda .. hope they have not given her a new character too

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (20-12-2015), tammyy2j (21-12-2015)

at least one slater girl back for charlie funeral besides kat, no lynn or mo or zoe why not recast too?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to lizann For This Useful Post:

tammyy2j (21-12-2015)

Quote Originally Posted by lizann View Post
    at least one slater girl back for charlie funeral besides kat, no lynn or mo or zoe why not recast too?
    Perhaps they felt it would be too big a deal to recast the others for just a few episodes. I've heard Kacey Ainsworth was asked back for the funeral but couldn't due to work commitments.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Dazzle For This Useful Post:

tammyy2j (21-12-2015)

I like Carli, great actress

Quote Originally Posted by Dazzle View Post
    Perhaps they felt it would be too big a deal to recast the others for just a few episodes. I've heard Kacey Ainsworth was asked back for the funeral but couldn't due to work commitments.
    off screen funeral would be better

a lynn recast as elaine wasn't in the role to long and memorable could work

a lynn recast as elaine wasn't in the role to long and memorable could work

Quote Originally Posted by lizann View Post
    It would. I might have spoken too soon about a funeral because I don't actually know that it'll be shown on screen. I should have said I heard Kacey was asked back for Charlie's death storyline.

It would. I might have spoken too soon about a funeral because I don't actually know that it'll be shown on screen. I should have said I heard Kacey was asked back for Charlie's death storyline.
    I think that will be off screen ??

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (19-01-2016)

EastEnders newcomer Carli Norris has revealed that she'd like to join the soap on a permanent basis.

The actress is currently appearing on our screens for a guest stint as Kat Moon's sister Belinda Peacock, who was last seen in 2003 with Leanne Lakey in the part.

The death of Belinda's father Charlie brought her back to Walford last week, when she angrily blamed Kat for his fatal heart attack. She'll also feature on screen again from tonight, as Charlie's family gather for his funeral.

Belinda Slater returns to EastEnders
    © BBC
    Asked whether there's the possibility of a more permanent spot on Albert Square, Norris replied: "I hope so. She isn't killed off during her brief stint, so I really do hope so. I've just finished on Holby City, which is also filmed at Elstree, and I really love filming there. I love all the guys who work there.

"When I got the EastEnders job, it didn't really sink in until I got there. When I walked around the lot and met everyone, I did think that it would be the most amazing job to get on a regular basis. So I'm just putting that out there! The character is still around and she is still a Slater, so fingers crossed that we do see her again. It's what I'm hoping for."

Despite the recent animosity between the sisters, viewers will see Kat and Belinda have a heart-to-heart this week. This results in Belinda sharing a memory which could possibly help Kat to search for her long-lost son.

"There are clues shared between the two of them," Norris explained. "Belinda has always felt like she's on the outside and that she's away from her sisters. I think she wants nothing more than to be accepted by them and become part of the family again.

"I've been through something similar. My dad passed away a couple of years ago, very quickly and suddenly, and it does bring you closer to the family. So hopefully, what we see happening now will bring the sisters together.

"Belinda has no idea what's going on in Kat's life because they very rarely speak. But Belinda can share memories of her childhood that may have something to do with what's troubling Kat at the moment. Obviously I can't give away too much, but it does spur Kat on with the next stage of her life.

"Whether it's true or not, or whether it's accurate information, I don't know. We don't know and the audience won't know. But they're piecing things together. Belinda just wants to help Kat in any way she can. They part on good terms and Belinda is helping her out with her problems."

Kat and Belinda talk
    © BBC
    With stints in EastEnders, Holby City, Hollyoaks and Doctors now under her belt, what's next for Carli?

She laughed: "I don't make any plans. I've got two small children, I've got a really lovely home, and I run two businesses. I wake up every morning and I think: 'Right, OK, what's going to happen today?' It's a brilliant adventure. I'm going to the National Television Awards tomorrow - not many people in my position can say that. I find that really exciting.

"I take the auditions that come along and if something comes of it, brilliant. If it doesn't, I spend more time with my children and on my businesses. I don't really make plans as far as acting goes - I'm just really grateful for what I've had so far."

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (19-01-2016), tammyy2j (21-01-2016)

Thread Information