Thread: Your dream storylines

Your dream storylines

What storylines would you do if you were the current producer of Coronation Street?

Here are mine:

Roy's Disability

A newcomer moves onto the street and notices something different about Roy. He's unsure why he acts the way he does and is curious to find out why. He quizzes Roy's closest friends and over the course of a month gets further to discovering the truth. Roy notices what the newcomer is trying to find out about him and decides to tell him he has autism. As someone with autism this is a storyline that would mean a lot to me and I believe it would put a lot of things in context concerning the character: why the characters mother around him, why he has such a strong bond with Alex, why he always tends to look down when talking... David Neilson has said in the past too that he plays the character as though he is on the autistic spectrum.

Dev's Selling War

I read today that a new street is being added to the Coronation Street set with a supermarket so I wondered: how could the local supermarket affect Dev's D&S Alahan's Corner Shop?

Dev becomes infuriated when Fresco's supermarket undercuts his prices on numerous products. This starts a 'selling war' where Dev and the supermarket both try to get one-up on each other by introducing new offers. The supermarket soon finds it has to put up its prices though when their supplier starts increasing theirs (think Unilever and Tesco).

Faye's Killer Clown

Faye's coming home from school one afternoon when she comes across one of the 'killer clowns'. The clown stalks her back home and Faye is terrified by it. She tells Anna, who is determined to find out who Faye's 'killer clown' is and report him or her to the police. The killer clown continues to stalk Weatherfield, upsetting the kid residents including Max, Lily and Aaadi and Asha. Soon it becomes clear that the only kid not affected is Amy. The finger is pointed at Tracy, with residents believing Amy isn't scared because she knows her mother is the clown. It however turns out to be Amy herself. Will Tracy have words with her daughter or will she allow her to keep scaring the other kids?

Gemma, the chase is on!

Gemma decides to apply for a TV game show. We see her audition to be a contestant on The Chase. In this scenario where I'm the producer I'd have her be put through to the TV Chase and a special Chase with Gemma in-character broadcast separate from Coronation Street in a charity Special.
    Last edited by Barlowbuster523; 15-10-2016 at 11:59.

They're not spoilers. And I hope that none of them ever will be!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to parkerman For This Useful Post:

Perdita (15-10-2016)

Didn't there used to be Reg and Curly at Betterbuys?
    Last edited by Rear window; 15-10-2016 at 14:08.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Rear window For This Useful Post:

Perdita (15-10-2016)

Quote Originally Posted by Rear window View Post
    Didn't there used to be Reg and Curly at Betterbuys?
    Apparently:

http://coronationstreet.wikia.com/wiki/Bettabuy

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Barlowbuster523 For This Useful Post:

Rear window (15-10-2016)

I have always thought that Roy had autism.

I want to see a boxing match between Phelan and Norris, Phelan wouldn't stand a chance.

Gemma on The Chase with Danny Baldwin

Yes there were, I used to enjoy watching them.

I wish we had a Betterbuys were I live, Waitrose is too expensive so I shop elsewhere.
    Last edited by pyrocanthus; 22-10-2016 at 14:20.

Thread Information