Thread: The Voice UK 2017

The Voice UK 2017

Sir Tom Jones will return to The Voice UK when the show makes its debut on ITV early next year.

The Voice UK moved channels when ITV acquired its rights from BBC One in 2015.

Sir Tom will be joined on the panel by Oscar-winning actress and singer Jennifer Hudson and rock star Gavin Rossdale.

The show's long-running coach, will.i.am, will complete the line-up for the singing competition.

Reacting to the news of Sir Tom's return, he said: "It's the freaking best. I've missed him a lot."

Will.i.am collects an award earlier this year. Credit: PA
    Sir Tom left the show before the fifth series in 2016 and was criticial of the BBC for axing him with just 24-hours notice.

The 76-year-old singer said: "I'm looking forward to returning to my big red chair on The Voice UK."

Jennifer Hudson, who won a Grammy Award for her self-titled album in 2009, explained how she "couldn't be more excited to join the amazing panel of coaches on The Voice UK!

"The UK has always been so supportive of me since the beginning of my career so I'm really looking forward to sharing my point of view with the contestants and especially Team JHUD."

Singer Jennifer Hudson will also join the ITV show. Credit: PA
    Meanwhile Gavin Rossdale, 48, is best known for being a member in the 1990s rock group Bush - whose debut album Sixteen Stone went six times multi-platinum.

Rossdale previously appeared in the US version of the series two years ago and added: "I have always been extremely proud to fly the flag for British rock music and I can't wait to join this incredible panel and help discover some new talent."

Emma Willis will return to the show after presenting the programme in 2014.

The winning act will take home a recording contract with Polydor Records - home to acts including Ellie Goulding, Take That and The 1975.

ITV

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

tammyy2j (29-09-2016)

Thread Information