Phoebe Nicholson 2014–15
    Darryl Braxton 2011–15
    Billie Ashford 2015
    Ricky Sharpe 2013–16
    Casey Braxton 2015–16
    Andy Barrett 2014–16
    Josh Barrett 2014–16
    Nate Cooper 2016

I think it was owned by Angelo Rosetta who also owned the restaurant Angelo and Brax bought them off him or they had some kind of a deal when Angelo left with Nicole.

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Duleep For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (05-10-2016), Pantherboy (05-10-2016), tammyy2j (05-10-2016)

Nate & Ash moved out of the Braxton House because "the owner" was selling. Chris had arranged for Nate to move back into Irene's place. When he was helping Nate pack up his things in the flat (& they were discussing Nate's women problems at the time ie Danika & Tori), Danika walked in & asked why he was leaving. Nate said something like "It literally just happened. The landlord decided to sell-up." I think I also remember Ash telling Kat that the "owner" is selling & she sort of freaks out because she thinks he wants to live with her & Phoebe (again?). But, he ends up back at the caravan park. I don't believe they ever mention who the "owner" is. You would think that if Nate or Ash knew who the owner was, for example, Roo, they would mention their name, not just say the "owner/landlord". With all the changes over the years, I am not sure whether the producers have genuinely forgotten who the latest owners were/are or they deliberately omitted this & hoped everyone had forgotten, so as not to complicate things eg. why are they selling etc? As the Morgan family are now in town, with their "new" house, the show has no doubt taken the opportunity to have a fresh new set. So I wouldn't think the old Braxton house will resurface any time soon - but you never know.

I have long since forgotten who actually owns that house, but I do remember that Roo must have been renting it to the Braxton's at some stage (as has been mentioned), because I am sure at one point John Palmer complained to her & wanted her to get rid of them, due to the noise etc? (I also seem to recall when there was a "discussion" as to who would move into the flat, that Brax said something like he was the one paying the rent, so he & Ricky would be the ones living in the flat ie he didn't actually own the place). All very confusing!

I don't think the following really clears up the house ownership issue, but for those interested in a bit of history I will include it here.

BTTB mention that the Ellis/Fraser House was actually the first incarnation of what is currently the Braxton House:

Ellis / Fraser House

"When Sam Marshall started a paper round in 1998, he delivered to a house where he saw the girl of his dreams meditating in the garden. The girl was Daria Ellis, who had recently moved to the bay with her father Sean who had just opened a surf shop. Sam and Daria eventually embarked on a relationship, whilst Sean started a short fling with Sally Fletcher who he had been giving surfing lessons to.

Sean and Daria left the bay 3 and 4 months later respectively, but the on-screen house would remain on the show, and is in fact still on the show to this very day, having gone through several filming locations.

Following Sean and Daria’s departure, the house was initially occupied by James Fraser & Chloe Ricahrds, with several residents coming and going over the following years including Shauna Bradley, Sally Fletcher, Leah Poulos and Charlotte Adams. The house was then owned by Sally Fletcher & Flynn Saunders, who later swapped with the Hunter family, with the Holdens later joining them. Most recently the house has become known as the Braxton House.

Hunter/Braxton House (2005-2013)

When the Holdens moved in next door to the Hunters in Episode 4020 in 2005, it called for a new exterior location to be found for the Hunter house—a place which had been seen on screen since 1998 and housed residents such as James Fraser, Shauna Bradley and Sally & Flynn.

During it’s tenure, the house later also became home to the Holdens when Tony moved in with Beth, and he subsequently lived there with his second wife Rachel Armstrong. The house was in the possession of the Braxtons when the filming locations for both houses were moved in 2013.

Both of the houses are next door to each other like their on-screen counterparts and are located in the Northern Beaches suburb of Avalon Beach, close to its border with Palm Beach and Whale Beach, in an area frequently used for filming.

Braxton House (2013-present)

First introduced to the show in 1998, the house currently known as the Braxton House moved to it’s fourth filming location in 2013, along with the Palmer House next door.

Like it’s predecessor, the house is located in the suburb of Avalon Beach, and was first introduced in Episode 5726, which saw the fallout from Gina Palmer’s sudden death."

BTTB
    Last edited by Pantherboy; 05-10-2016 at 08:06.

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Pantherboy For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (05-10-2016), kaz21 (05-10-2016), Perdita (05-10-2016), tammyy2j (05-10-2016)

Thanks Pantherboy, that certainly answers all of our questions. The first time I clearly remember the house being used is when Sally and Flynn lived there and Flynn used the separate flat as a GP surgery.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dazzle For This Useful Post:

kaz21 (05-10-2016), Pantherboy (05-10-2016)

I thought Tori's house was next to John's house also

Quote Originally Posted by Duleep View Post
    I think it was owned by Angelo Rosetta who also owned the restaurant Angelo and Brax bought them off him or they had some kind of a deal when Angelo left with Nicole.
    I have a vague memory of Brax maybe blackmailing Angelo to sell him the restaurant cheap

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tammyy2j For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (05-10-2016), Pantherboy (05-10-2016)

Quote Originally Posted by tammyy2j View Post
    I have a vague memory of Brax maybe blackmailing Angelo to sell him the restaurant cheap
    Which was one of the reasons I always hated Brax no matter how hard the writers tried to redeem him. I was very fond of Angelo and found it awful that he was bullied into selling up.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dazzle For This Useful Post:

FunkyMonkey (10-10-2016), Pantherboy (05-10-2016)

He did because Angelo was buying cheap grog from Brax on the sly. The crud hit the fan and Brax blackmailed Angelo into selling him the restaurant for a very undervalued price

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FunkyMonkey For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (10-10-2016), Pantherboy (10-10-2016)

He did because Angelo was buying cheap grog from Brax on the sly. The crud hit the fan and Brax blackmailed Angelo into selling him the restaurant for a very undervalued price

16. The Following User Says Thank You to FunkyMonkey For This Useful Post:

kaz21 (10-10-2016)

Quote Originally Posted by FunkyMonkey View Post
    They took him pig hunting, if I remember correctly. To scare him.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kaz21 For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (10-10-2016), Pantherboy (10-10-2016)

Thread Information