Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Corrie Spoilers 26th - 30th September

Quote Originally Posted by Dazzle View Post
    Frankly, I almost find Todd slyly dobbing Billy in to the bishop worse than teaming up with Phelan.

For all his protestations about the call being made for Billy's sake, it was an incredibly manipulative, controlling, selfish and self-serving thing to do to the man he claims to love. Plus it was done without remorse. The trouble is that the phone call's been overshadowed by the fact he went running straight to Phelan when Billy dumped him.

Getting involved with the latter was an impulse driven by his hurt and anger. It was a choice, but it was made in the heat of the moment and driven by intense emotion. It doesn't in any way excuse that choice but it makes it more understandable. It's obvious he's already starting to regret it anyway, so I feel fairly sure he's going to try and bring Phelan and Vinny down one way or another. He's trapped though so he can't act hastily.
    Sadly, I agree with everything you said. The fact that he did it to someone he supposedly loves makes it even worse. What he did was cruel, selfish and manipulative. There is no defending that. It just pisses me off that they went there at all with Todd. I disagree with the direction Kate is taking Todd. I mean I get why she had him call the bishop, because she needed him to go "bad" again so he could join Vinny and Phelan. From a storytelling point of view it makes sense, but I still don't agree with it, I never will. I don't even think it was well done, it came completely out of left field. If we had seen him become gradually more selfish and self destructive over a period of time, fine. But this?! Yeah, I get that she wanted to make it a shock to the viewers that he had reverted back to his old self, but it was still stupid. Like I have said a million times before, it really looked like he had changed. What he did might have been in-character for old Todd, but it's out of character for the new Todd imo. It just looked like Todd had improved, that he was less selfish, more caring, more understanding. I guess I was wrong, Kate clearly had other plans for him.

I wonder if the previous producer had still been in charge if he would have let Todd continue to make progress, or if he would have him relapse like Kate did. I guess we'll never know. But yeah.. Todd's behavior is something I can't defend, something I feel was unnecessary and dumb. It's repetitive and boring to make him improve then fall back into his old selfish behavior again and again and again. Can they not come up with something new? It's like rinse, repeat. It would have been much more giving for loyal viewers to actually see a character grow to become a better person, now that would have been fun to watch! I never trusted Kate Oates though, and I still don't. I knew it was bad sign when she talked about Todd being all bad again. Looks like I was right about her all along. And like you said.. to do that to someone he supposedly loves?! That is low. At least when he took revenge on Jason and Eileen they sort of deserved it for the way they had been treating him. But to do this to Billy of all people who has been nothing but kind to him?! Ugh. It's the worst thing he's ever done, and yeah. I count the scam too.

The worst part in all of this though, is that it plays into the trope of the "evil gay guy". I'm sick of it. For once I want gay characters to be portrayed in a good way, caring, unselfish, good, like most people. It pisses me off that they turned the ONE gay legacy character on the show into a bad guy. And for once we have a good gay couple, affectionate and all. And they went and ruined that. It pisses me off so much. I could handle Todd being mean to anyone else BUT Billy. It just reinforces stereotypes that all gay men are selfish assholes. Why couldn't they let the ONE gay couple on the show be happy? Or at least have some external force ripping them apart, not one part of the couple betraying the other. It was a bad choice, something I can never accept. And yeah, this is all Kate Oates doing because she cared more about making Todd into a bad guy, then continue to have him make progress and be happy for once in his life. If anyone deserves happiness it's Todd. And if she has to have him self-destruct all the time at least explain WHY. Don't make him make him into a selfish asshole again after a period of time when he had actually improved. It makes no sense.

This whole thing is pissing me off so much. I have seen other people say the same thing too, they highly disagree with the direction Kate is taking Todd. It was unnecessary to make him bad again, or at the very least to betray the ONE person in his life that cared about him. It was an awful decision, like really ****ing horrible awful decision. Kate truly missed the mark here.

Oh and I'm just gonna post this then I'll shut up. Further proof that viewers do NOT want to see "bad Todd" and that Kate Oates truly missed the mark on this one.

https://twitter.com/itvcorrie/status/777967763189006336

Coronation Street's Todd Grimshaw may be hard at work as Pat Phelan's partner-in-crime at the moment, but it's clear that he's hiding a secret heartache tonight (September 28).

Despite trying to put on a brave face since Billy Mayhew dumped him, Todd (Bruno Langley) lets his true feelings show when they bump into each other out on the Street.

When Billy (Daniel Brocklebank) snubs him, Todd begs his ex to keep things civil even if they can't be an item - but Billy leaves him crushed by making it very clear that he still can't forgive him for reporting him to the Bishop.

With the whole thing playing out in public, the exchange is watched from afar by Todd's mum Eileen, who feels terrible for her son.

Billy refuses to talk to Todd
    © ITV

Unable to resist speaking her mind (no change there), Eileen later approaches Billy and urges him to forgive Todd for his betrayal.

Sadly, Eileen soon realises that won't be happening anytime soon - and she then gets even more than she bargained for when Billy also warns her that Phelan's dealings with Todd are bound to be dodgy.

Could this be the moment that Eileen finally starts to smell a rat when it comes to Phelan? Sue Cleaver, who plays her, commented: "Well Eileen just thinks it's because Billy has been going out with Todd and has been taken in by Todd's stories, so she doesn't take any notice of him either."

That'll be a no, then.

Digital Spy

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (28-09-2016), parkerman (28-09-2016), tammyy2j (28-09-2016)

Good on Billy for standing his ground. Todd needs to realize that what he did was wrong before he can even think of getting back together with Billy. He needs to tell Billy that he made a mistake, he knows it was wrong and that he's sorry. The problem here is that Todd still think what he did was right and feels no remorse.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to livden For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (28-09-2016), tammyy2j (28-09-2016)

9000th episode tonight

8. The Following User Says Thank You to tammyy2j For This Useful Post:

livden (28-09-2016)

http://www.insidesoap.co.uk/5-top-so...cked-thursday/

This actually sounds really good.

That was scary about the needle. Hope he is ok

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to swmc66 For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (30-09-2016), livden (30-09-2016)

Thread Information