Page 25 of 30 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: Dee Bliss (Madeleine West)

Quote Originally Posted by lizann View Post
    she attended her sister's funeral
    She said yesterday it was "only from a distance".

Quote Originally Posted by Ruffed_lemur View Post
    She said yesterday it was "only from a distance".
    the baddies would have that cased out, am i watching too many action films

hang on are we sure that her sister is actually dead? i mean that could be another lie??

Quote Originally Posted by thestud2k7 View Post
    hang on are we sure that her sister is actually dead? i mean that could be another lie??
    Yes they would be there to see if she turned up. Depends how badly they wanted to kill her, we're not exactly talking a mob informant or something of that nature

Digital Spy article:

Neighbours to reveal the whole truth over Dee Bliss and Andrea Somers after a DNA test
    The final answers!

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/nei...s-whole-truth/

Note: This article contains spoilers about the Dee storyline, which some readers may prefer to avoid.

Neighbours will resolve the final mysteries over Dee Bliss and Andrea Somers next week.

Dee (Madeleine West) will get the answers she's desperate for, as a DNA test explains why she and Andrea look so alike.

Upcoming episodes see Dee pay a visit to Andrea in prison and convince her doppelganger to agree to the test.

When the all-important results come back next week, it's confirmed that Dee and Andrea are identical twin sisters.

As something still isn't adding up, Dee and her ex-husband Toadie Rebecchi (Ryan Moloney) seek further answers from Heather Schilling.

Armed with the DNA proof, Toadie confronts Heather (Kerry Armstrong) and organises for her to be hypnotised to see if she can remember the truth about the day she gave birth.

With both Toadie and Karl Kennedy present, Dr Beverly Robinson puts Heather under hypnosis and helps her to recall what really happened.

Although Heather remembers giving birth in hospital, this turns out to be a constructed false memory which bears little relation to the truth.

Heather actually gave birth under traumatic circumstances in a shelter, overseen by a red-headed nun who Dee and Andrea both recall from their childhood.

These latest revelations help Mark Brennan's police colleagues in Perth to track down the nun in question.

A guilt-ridden Sister Grace later catches an overnight flight to Erinsborough and shares the story of Dee and Andrea's dramatic arrival into the world.

Sister Grace confirms that Heather gave birth to twins, and the nuns gave one of her babies to the young Bliss couple who wanted a child. Finally getting the closure she needs, what's next for Dee?

Neighbours airs these scenes on Thursday, July 25 and Friday, July 26 at 1.45pm and 5.30pm on Channel 5 (UK) and 6.30pm on 10 Peach (Australia).

EDIT:

And the Radiotimes.com article:

Neighbours reveals Dee and Andrea are twins – and bizarre backstory of why they were separated
    Involving evil nuns, a DNA test and a traumatic hypnosis session

https://www.radiotimes.com/news/soap...ere-separated/
    Last edited by Pantherboy; 16-07-2019 at 00:37.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Pantherboy For This Useful Post:

MellBee (15-07-2019)

An interesting case for nature vs nurture. Both identical but different because of the way they were raised. Poor Andrea drew the short straw getting Heather as her mother.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Aussieguy For This Useful Post:

Pantherboy (15-07-2019)

Digital Spy article:

Neighbours story editor responds as fans spot continuity errors in Dee Bliss storyline
    "No one is more disappointed than us!"

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/nei...rors-response/

Note: This article contains spoilers about Neighbours' Dee storyline, which some readers may prefer to avoid.

A staff member on Neighbours has responded after continuity errors related to the ongoing Dee Bliss storyline have been spotted by fans.

A string of revelations has come out this month, as spoilers have revealed that a DNA test will confirm Dee and Andrea Somers (both played by Madeleine West) are identical twin sisters.

Furthermore, viewers will learn in upcoming episodes that Dee was adopted as a baby into the Bliss family.

This presents a continuity mistake, as in 2017 Andrea faked a DNA test to prove that she was Dee. The DNA was compared to DNA belonging to Dee's sister Cecile – but if Dee and Cecile aren't related by blood, then the test should have come back as negative.

Earlier this year, there was another contradiction related to Cecile as they claimed that her funeral happened in 2009.

However, in 2017 it was mentioned that Cecile had died the previous year.

Story editor Shane Isheev acknowledged the continuity errors on Twitter, responding to comments from fans.

"Getting things right is extremely important to the team," he wrote.

"A few of us have encyclopedic knowledge of #Neighbours' history, which is great when revisiting past events, but unfortunately due to the speed we work, errors are occasionally made and no one is more disappointed than us!"

Neighbours airs weekdays at 1.45pm and 5.30pm on Channel 5 (UK) and 6.30pm on 10 Peach (Australia).

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Pantherboy For This Useful Post:

MellBee (18-07-2019)

So is Madeleine staying on or leaving I am confused?

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Black_fence For This Useful Post:

Pantherboy (21-07-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Black_fence View Post
    So is Madeleine staying on or leaving I am confused?
    I don't believe that Madeleine is back permanently...at this stage anyway. When she came back for this current storyline, they said things like 'she is reprising her role once again' & that 'she was back for another stint' etc etc. There was no mention that she was back permanently. Also, last month she was back filming the second season of TV show "Playing for Keeps" (see the attached Instagram post). So she has definitely finished her current 'stint' on Neighbours. Not sure if/when they will commission more seasons of "Playing for Keeps", or if she has committed to any other shows etc. In the future, whether they possibly have her in a recurring role as Dee or eventually try & bring her back fulltime (if Madeleine would be up for that), remains to be seen. Maybe bring her back when/if Toadie ever leaves, so they can ride off into the sunset together...?? We will see.

https://www.instagram.com/p/By89FZgJ...ource=ig_embed

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pantherboy For This Useful Post:

kaz21 (20-07-2019), Ruffed_lemur (21-07-2019)

Following on from the last post, this is an msn.com article (from TV Week) on Madeleine West, which seems to suggest that she would be too busy to ever contemplate coming back to Neighbours full-time:

Madeleine West on her return to Neighbours

https://www.msn.com/en-au/entertainm...cid=spartandhp

For almost two decades, Madeleine West has been a shining star. From her start in Neighbours in 2000 to hit dramas The Wrong Girl, Playing For Keeps and Underbelly, and even cameos in comedies such as True Story with Hamish & Andy and Get Krack!n, she has been a screen staple.

"I think I've been on almost every show on Australian TV," Madeleine, 39, tells TV WEEK with a laugh, "whether it's a small part or in a lead role."

Even so, the actress admits she "never in a million years" imagined she'd return to the show that started it all – Neighbours.

"I've made a point of playing different characters with every new job I've had because I think it challenged and stretched me as an actor," she says.

Despite her wealth of experience, Madeleine reveals her unexpected return to the show she cut her teeth on would prove her most challenging role to date.

"This storyline is the hardest thing I've done," she explains of playing both Dee Bliss and Andrea Somers, who have now been revealed to be long-lost twins.

"There are so many factors when playing two characters at once, who interact with each other and have such a convoluted history," Madeleine says.
    "It was like doing a master class in acting every single day."

The 15-year mystery of Dee's disappearance – having plummeted off a cliff in a car on her wedding day – was finally solved this year in what has been one of Neighbours' biggest storylines.

When Madeleine returned to the drama in 2017, not long after its 30th anniversary, she was cast as Andrea, a wicked con artist – and Dee's doppelgänger. She says she had no idea what would eventuate from the explosive two-year-long storyline and shock revelation that Dee was, in fact, alive.

"I'd been approached to come back several times," she recalls. "At first, it was just as a doppelgänger [Andrea]. But that storyline was received with so much enthusiasm that producer Jason [Herbison] said, 'It's time for Dee to come back.'"

As Madeleine chats excitedly about Dee's resurrection, you can't help but be swept up in her pride about the show.

"It's an amazing storyline; I've never had so much fun in my life," she says before commending how far Neighbours has come in its almost 35 years on air.

"I feel I've come away from it a better and stronger actor than I've ever been," she reflects.

Australia's longest-running drama has not only managed to keep up with the times, it's broken down barriers, made history and entertained us all at the same time.

Just last year, the soap aired Australia's first same-sex wedding since the legalisation of gay marriage. It also delivered a special International Women's Day episode featuring a female-only cast and production.

"Neighbours is creating challenging and hard-hitting storylines," Madeleine explains. "It has to be a mirror to society. It can't be soft and fluffy, otherwise, it becomes redundant."

So when people query her decision to return, she's quick to react.

"I'll challenge anyone who asks why I went back to Neighbours," she says. "Why wouldn't I when I have the opportunity to play these high-arching storylines?"

Looking back on her time away since leaving the show in 2003 to "spread her wings", Madeleine appreciates her career coming full circle.

"I consider myself a character actor and felt the need to play some other characters – which, of course, I went on to do," she says. "I started on the show 20 years ago this year, so it feels apt I've come back now."

It's not just a matter of timing that makes Madeleine's return to Neighbours feel like the right move. The busy actress has taken the opportunity to fulfil a life-long dream of going behind the camera.

"I've done my directing attachment," Madeleine reveals. "It's always been my end goal. It's a nice cycle; the footnote of my career has been facilitated by my starting point."

Adding yet another credit to her name with directing is all in a day's work for the busy mother-of-six. When we chat, she's on her second day of filming the second season of 10 drama Playing For Keeps.

"I can't give anything away, but Kath's storyline is exciting," Madeleine teases of her character, "and a real testament to the strength of womanhood."

Amid a busy schedule of acting, directing, writing a series of children's books and travelling, Madeleine has taken on spearheading the expansion of international charity Project Soar.

Its aim is to educate and empower teenage girls in Third World countries.

"I'm a mother of five daughters, so I've always been interested in the cause of women," she explains. "I think now, in this modern age, the big question is, 'How do we emancipate women around the world?' The answer to that is through education and empowerment."

Not only is the actress pioneering the launch of the charity's Ghana office, she's also bringing the blueprint home to Australia to launch her own charity.

"It's called Neighbours With No Fences and is designed to facilitate the education and development of young girls in Indigenous communities," she says.

It's no easy feat, but Madeleine is making a difference while also making the most of life.

"You need to learn to ask for help when you need it," she says of juggling it all.

"But I've also chosen an activated life, to strive beyond the normal bounds, and am trying to live a well-rounded life."

Neighbours airs Weeknights, 6.30pm.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pantherboy For This Useful Post:

MellBee (21-07-2019), Ruffed_lemur (21-07-2019)

Thread Information