Thread: Crystal Hyde (Erin Austen)

Exclamation Crystal Hyde (Erin Austen)

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/cor...ryline-twists/

Coronation Street has just introduced a new character in Crystal Hyde, an Ibiza DJ who instantly took a shine to Ryan Connor.

Ryan, unfortunately, received life-changing injuries as he stepped in to protect Daisy when her stalker Justin threw acid towards her. Thankfully Crystal has agreed to keep in touch with Ryan, after originally visiting Weatherfield for Daisy's wedding.

Although it looks like the soap could be balancing the horror of the attack with a nice new blossoming romance for Ryan and Crystal, things will be more complicated than that ? as it looks like the connection between Ryan and ex-girlfriend Alya Nazir is growing stronger again.

Teasing what's ahead, Erin Austen, who plays Crystal, told the Liverpool Echo: "You'll have to keep watching and trust me when I say there are some incredible twists coming up."

While she didn't tease anything specific, it looks like Crystal will be hanging around for a while, and Erin is absolutely ecstatic to be part of the cast.

"It's such an iconic show and I couldn't believe I was going to be able to walk down the Cobbles let alone be on the show with so many other incredible actors," she said.

"Everyone from the security guards, catering staff and every single cast member made me feel so welcome. They are genuinely the nicest bunch of people I have ever met.

"The cast and crew are so committed, so talented ? it is like a slick well oiled machine."

The actress also joked that, unlike her character, she has no DJing skills at all and whenever she's put in charge of the music at a party, she clears out the room.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Ruffed_lemur (07-04-2023)

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/cor...l-return-ryan/

Coronation Street's Ryan Connor gets a blast from the past next week as his love interest Crystal gets back in touch.

Ryan hasn't heard from Crystal since she lost interest in him following the acid attack. Daisy Midgeley later posed as her in fake messages for several weeks and eventually had to come clean about her deception when Ryan rumbled her.

In upcoming scenes, Ryan is delighted when the real Crystal sends him a voice message.

Crystal reveals that she watched Ryan's recent livestream on his social media page, which saw him speak movingly about how the acid attack has affected him.

Now regretting her behaviour, Crystal admits that she owes Ryan an apology and asks him out for a drink.

Later in the week, Ryan confides in Carla Barlow about his plans to meet up with Crystal again.

Carla is sceptical and tries to warn Ryan that Crystal is nothing but trouble.

Peter takes a different stance, telling Ryan that he's pleased over his renewed contact with Crystal.

The reasons why becomes clear as Peter suggests that, with Crystal back on the scene, Ryan might stop interfering in Daisy Midgeley and Daniel Osbourne's relationship. Can Ryan and Crystal make it work?

Whatever happens in the future, it's certainly not the last we've heard of Ryan and Daisy's connection.

Earlier this week, Coronation Street's producer Iain MacLeod confirmed that Daisy will consider a proper relationship with Ryan after she splits from Daniel later this year.

MacLeod told Digital Spy and other press: "There are some fantastic scenes concerning the end of that relationship, and some big dilemmas for Daisy in terms of: 'If not Daniel, then is Ryan the right choice? If I were to choose him, would that be purely because he's now the default setting, or is that really what I want?'

"Obviously Ryan in the middle of that is quite a vulnerable guy at this time, and he stands to get his heart trampled on if he's not careful."

Thread Information