Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Daniel Osbourne (Rob Mallard)

Exclamation Daniel Osbourne (Rob Mallard)

Coronation Street fans have been on tenterhooks waiting to find out who'll be playing Ken Barlow's son Daniel and grandson Adam - and the news is finally in.

Adam Barlow is the son of Mike Baldwin and Ken's late daughter Susan. He's been off living in Canada since he left all the way back in 2007.

He'll be played by Sam Robertson, who previously played Adam from 2004 to 2007. Iain De Caestecker was the first to play the part from 2001 to 2003.

Sam said: "I'm delighted to be back, Coronation Street was my first job as an actor and is a special place for me.

"As a young actor it was a little overwhelming so I'm looking forward to coming back and stamping my mark on the character, I feel there's unfinished business with Adam."

Daniel Osbourne, Ken Barlow and Denise Osbourne in Coronation Street
    © ITV
    [Daniel Osbourne, Ken Barlow and Denise Osbourne in Coronation Street]

Rob Mallard will play Daniel, Ken's son by Denise Osbourne - a character viewers last saw nearly a decade ago. He was previously played by Lewis Harney and Dominic Holmes.

Rob said: "It feels great to be starting work on Coronation Street and I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone.

"I grew up watching Coronation Street, so the chance to be in it, especially playing a part like Daniel, is very exciting."

Iain De Caestecker as Adam Barlow in Coronation Street
    [Iain De Caestecker as the young Adam Barlow in Coronation Street]

Producer Kate Oates said: "The Barlows have been at the centre of Coronation Street since it started in 1960 and I felt it was time to remind ourselves of the dynasty that Ken has built up over the past 50 years.

"I am excited about the dynamics of having the different generations living together and exploring the drama that will bring."

Producers had also announced that Peter Barlow (Chris Gascoyne) would be returning to Weatherfield.

Denise Osbourne and Ken Barlow welcome baby Daniel in Coronation Street in 1995
    © ITV
    [Denise Osbourne and Ken Barlow welcome baby Daniel in Coronation Street in 1995]

Kate added: "Peter turns up first in October and almost immediately his arrival has consequences for the family. He is followed in early November by Adam and Daniel.

"I am delighted to have Sam back, his time away from Weatherfield has hardened Adam and although he is a Barlow the Baldwin genes are evident from the moment he arrives."

She continued: "Daniel is a different Barlow altogether, more sensitive and bookish, he is clearly a chip off the old block, but there is more to Ken's youngest son than meets the eye. Rob is a talented young actor who is perfect for the role."

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (14-09-2016), tammyy2j (14-09-2016)

I wonder if he'll be gay? "Daniel is a different Barlow altogether" and "more sensitive" scream gay to me. Maybe this is why Kate broke up Todd and Billy. He's a new love interest for Todd? The timing of it all does seem very suspicious. Either Kate broke up Todd and Billy so Todd would have a reason to be evil again, or she broke them up so he could get with Daniel instead.. or maybe both.

Quote Originally Posted by livden View Post
    I wonder if he'll be gay? "Daniel is a different Barlow altogether" and "more sensitive" scream gay to me. Maybe this is why Kate broke up Todd and Billy. He's a new love interest for Todd? The timing of it all does seem very suspicious. Either Kate broke up Todd and Billy so Todd would have a reason to be evil again, or she broke them up so he could get with Daniel instead.. or maybe both.
    I hope not but given also that Todd works for Tracy, he could be in contact with him

What age is Daniel about now?

Hope not it would make Todd out to be even more of an idiot than he already is, plus he leaves the flower shop next week so I don't see it happening..

Quote Originally Posted by xloolx View Post
    Hope not it would make Todd out to be even more of an idiot than he already is, plus he leaves the flower shop next week so I don't see it happening..
    But he and Tracy are probably still friends though? And even so I expect him to be back to being a florist soon enough anyway.

sounds like a young kenny barlow which he is so perhaps not gay

sounds like a young kenny barlow which he is so perhaps not gay

Apparently there is a new interview with Rob in one of the soap mags. Can someone please link me it? I really want to read it.

I think Adam and Daniel will clash over business and a female love interest, could be Alya

Daniel Osbourne's return to Coronation Street is getting very close now - and a brand new picture has offered a first look at him in action.

Rob Mallard has taken over the role of Ken's son Daniel, a character viewers last saw nearly a decade ago. He was previously played by Lewis Harney and Dominic Holmes.

Fan's know that Ken's other son Peter has recently returned to the Cobbles, paving the way for a right old family reunion. And this new picture offers a first look at what's in store.

Rob was spotted filming with Bill Roache and Chris Gascoyne - who play Ken and Peter respectively - immediately sparking hype for the big Barlow scenes to come.

Let's also not forget that Adam Barlow is on his way back, with Sam Robertson reprising the role he played from 2004 to 2007.

Roache recently shared some gossip on what viewers can expect from the returning duo, saying: "Daniel's the illegitimate son by a hairdresser and they've made him a Ken as he was - a university graduate with a degree in literature, reading King Lear to him. So you've got that one, but he's also got problems we don't know about.

"The other one is the son of his daughter and Mike Baldwin, his arch-enemy - so what a clever thing that is. The genes are there for that, and those two boys instantly dislike each other. Ken is going to try to be the peacemaker, but I can't see it working very well. And above all, he mustn't be stressed!"

Digital Spy

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (26-10-2016), tammyy2j (26-10-2016)

Thread Information