Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Raffy Morrison (Olivia Deeble)

Digital Spy article (UK Pace):

Soap spoilers: Home and Away's Robbo chooses between Tori and Jasmine, while Raffy is rushed to hospital

http://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/home...asmine-choice/

Elsewhere in Summer Bay, Raffy Morrison's life hangs in the balance when she suffers a bleed on the brain.

Raffy (Olivia Deeble) is rushed to hospital in a critical condition a few days after being trapped in a tunnel at the River Boys' hideout.

The first warning signs that all isn't well with Raffy come when her friend Ryder Jackson (Lukas Radovich) notices that she's being forgetful and struggling to focus.

Ryder doesn't think much of Raffy's struggles, until she suddenly collapses on the ground and suffers a seizure.

After Raffy is rushed to hospital, doctors confirm that she has a bleed on her brain and the next few hours will be critical.

It's also revealed that the injury was caused by her accident in the tunnel the previous week, which leaves Ryder feeling terrible as it was his idea to explore the River Boys' hideaway. When John Palmer (Shane Withington) bitterly blames him for everything, can Ryder cope?

Home and Away airs these scenes on Thursday, November 1 and Friday, November 2 at 1.15pm and 6pm on Channel 5.

Digital Spy article:

AUST PACE!

Home and Away confirms drugs storyline for Raffy Morrison and Ryder Jackson
    Are they taking a big risk?

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/hom...jackson-drugs/

Note: This article contains spoilers from Australian-pace Home and Away episodes, which some UK readers may prefer to avoid.

Home and Away has revealed that teen characters Raffy Morrison and Ryder Jackson will have a drugs storyline on screen soon.

The young couple take matters into their own hands as Raffy (Olivia Deeble) looks for another way to treat her epilepsy.

Recent episodes in Australia have seen Raffy's older brother Mason (Orpheus Pledger) research medical marijuana as a possible option for her.

Mason hoped to get Raffy on a medicinal cannabis trial and she grew excited over the idea, but the suggestion was overruled by her other siblings Tori (Penny McNamee) and Justin (James Stewart).

Tori pointed out that there was no evidence that Raffy's current medication wasn't working and insisted it was best to keep things as they were for now.

Raffy grew frustrated over not being in control of her own treatment, resenting her family for their interference.

A new Home and Away trailer now on air in Australia sees Ryder (Lukas Radovich) seizing control of the situation by finding a way to supply Raffy with cannabis himself.

Of course, Ryder's supply won't be supervised by doctors and there's every chance that his intervention could spiral dangerously out of control. Are Ryder and Raffy making a mistake?

Home and Away airs weekdays at 1.15pm and 6pm on Channel 5 (UK) and Mondays to Thursdays at 7pm on Channel 7 (Australia).

Daily Telegraph article:

Home And Away’s latest storyline weighs in on medicinal cannabis

As producers continue to push the envelope with topical storylines, Home And Away is wading into the controversial medicinal cannabis debate.

In the latest boundary pushing plot for the popular soap, Orpheus Pledger’s character, Mason, resorts to making his own cannabis at home to help his younger sister who suffers from debilitating epilepsy.

“The sole reason Mason decided to do this was to help his little sister because she is going through epilepsy,” Pledger told Confidential.

“He couldn’t see any other way and so alternative measures were taken. It has nothing to do with recreational use.”

Mason’s younger sister, Raffy, is played by 16-year-old Olivia Deeble.

“The storyline is absolutely controversial,” she said. “It is a hugely current discussion but the feedback I have had has been really positive and a lot of people with epilepsy have reached out to me.

“Home And Away is such an influential television show and we have so many viewers so I think it is important that we are tackling these issues to show we aren’t hiding it or pretending that it is not there.”

In NSW, patients dying from terminal illnesses were first given permission to use medicinal marijuana in 2016. The Therapeutic Goods Administration are reviewing the parameter of who should be allowed to access medicinal marijuana.

Producers brought on Lisa Todd, nurse and Epilepsy Action Australia spokeswoman, to consult on the storyline to ensure it is accurate.

”It is a topic you need to be careful with in that you have to be careful between the distinction between recreational cannabis and medicinal cannabis,” Todd explained.

Home And Away, along with rival soap Neighbours have increasingly been adopting newsy plots to reflect modern day society.

Neighbours for example broadcast Australian television’s first gay wedding last year and recently introduced a trans character to the show.

“It is really amazing that we are exploring these kinds of stories,” Pledger said. “The people watching, my friends and family, get an up to date perspective on these factual matters that are going on in the world. That is really special and important.”

and:
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...-positive.html

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Pantherboy For This Useful Post:

hollie (14-04-2019)

Olivia Deeble (Raffy) has quit Home & Away and landed a role in a Disney movie. Daily Telegraph article:

Home and Away Olivia Deeble quits to become a Disney princess in Hollywood

Home and Away actor Olivia Deeble has landed a job as a Disney princess in Hollywood, meaning she’s wrapped shooting on the TV soap.

Deeble, 16, will continue to be seen on air on the Seven show, portraying the character of Raffy for another few months with episodes shot in advance.

She is however now based in Canada for the next two months after landing a role as Princess Roxana in Disney movie Secret Society of Second Born Royals.

“I know there have been lots of rumours about me leaving Home and Away and don’t worry you still have a lot more of Raffy to look forward to onscreen,” Deeble wrote on Instagram.

“The opportunity HAA (Home and Away) has given me to grow as an actor is incredible, while I’m not currently filming in Summer Bay, I’m forever grateful for what I have learned and the people I have met.”

Deeble is the latest in a long line of Home and Away actors to take on Hollywood.

The Disney film will also star American actors Peyton Elizabeth Lee, Faly Rakotohavana, Isabella Blake and Niles Fitch.

Deeble made headlines after suffering swelling to her brain when she hit her head in September.

At the time, the teen took to Instagram to share her injury with her fans, posting a photo of herself sleeping in a hospital bed.

“Hey guys, a couple of days ago I hit my head and was concussed with brain swelling,” Deeble wrote to her followers.

“I’m fairly crook at the moment and have been to hospital a couple of times but slowly improving. I won’t be on social media a lot due to the fact I’m sleeping like 12 hours a day but wanted to let you all know I’m still here and am trying to get better as soon as possible.”

She thanked her fans for their support, adding, “also thanks mum for taking photos of me passed out.”

Deeble is the granddaughter of The Sullivans’ Reg Gorman, and the daughter of Kate Gorman, who played Sue Parker on Neighbours.

And...

Home and Away star Olivia Deeble hints at exit for Raffy as she lands a new film role
    "I know there have been lots of rumours."

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/hom...int-instagram/

Home and Away's Olivia Deeble Quits For Hollywood Roles

http://www.kiis1011.com.au/entertain...cess-hollywood

Olivia Deeble quits Home and Away: Actress, 16, leaves Summer Bay for the bright lights of Hollywood after landing a role as a Disney princess

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...Hollywood.html
    Last edited by Pantherboy; 11-05-2019 at 00:11.

Nowtolove.com.au article. Olivia Deeble's (Raffy) last scenes aired in Australia last night & her exit was as I suspected/mentioned in the H&A Spoilers 2nd -5th Sept thread recently:

The cast of Home and Away bid an emotional farewell to Olivia Deeble
    ''You will always be our beautiful ray of sunshine.''

https://www.nowtolove.com.au/celebri...way-cast-58221

She's starred as Raffy Morgan on Home and Away for three years, but now it's time for Olivia Deeble to take the next step. The 17-year-old actress is leaving Summer Bay for LA, where she scored a role in the upcoming Disney+ film Secret Society Of Second Born Royals.

Her final episode of Home and Away aired on Channel Seven overnight, and Olivia took to Instagram to mark the occasion with a special post for her fans; a video with her on-screen older brother James Stewart (who plays Justin Morgan).

"This clip was taken as I finished my last scene," she writes. "After 3 years and almost 1000 episodes I completed my journey in the bay.

"It was the most amazing experience of my life, I will be eternally grateful for all of my cast mates and crew. Thank you to all of you for the constant support and love."

https://www.instagram.com/p/B2TuI1jH...ource=ig_embed

Olivia's Home and Away co-stars have shared the love for her on social media, sharing tributes and touching messages for the actress as she embarks on her next step.

Sarah Roberts (Willow Harris) commented on Olivia's post to wish her well.

"This makes my heart melt," she wrote. "We love u & miss u. So happy to see ya kicking goals beautiful girl!"

Emily Symons shared a selfie with Olivia and Georgie Parker on her page.

"You will always be our beautiful ray of sunshine," writes Emily, who stars as Marilyn. "We love and miss you. So proud of you."

https://www.instagram.com/p/B2T67C5l...ource=ig_embed

Penny McNamee (Tori Morgan) paid tribute to her 'little sister' with a sweet on-set photo.

"My gorgeous on-screen little sister has flown the coop for bigger and brighter adventures!" Penny writes. "Ovy, it has been such a joy to play your big sister for the past 3 years. Your kindness, generosity and warm nature has brought joy to my days. Thank you for all the cuddles, girly chats and giggles."

https://www.instagram.com/p/B2VKi1-H...ource=ig_embed

Georgie (Roo Stewart) shared a stunning photo of Olivia on set.

"What a ray of sunshine you are," she writes. "Love and luck to you in your journey beyond the Bay. We love you and think you're AWESOME."

https://www.instagram.com/p/B2VEkYgB...ource=ig_embed

Olivia's next project will be available on the Disney+ streaming service, which is set to launch in Australia and New Zealand in November.

The actress will be starring as Princess Roxana in Secret Society of Second Born Royals, alongside stars including Skylar Astin (Pitch Perfect), Elodie Yung (Daredevil, The Defenders) and Peyton Elizabeth Lee (Andi Mack).

We can't wait to see the new flick! Good luck to Olivia as she takes on Hollywood.

Thread Information