Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Alf Stewart (Ray Meagher)

Well done, Ray. And it wa nice of him to dedicate his award to Cornelia Francis

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Pantherboy For This Useful Post:

lizann (02-07-2018), Perdita (01-07-2018), Splashy (01-07-2018)

Isle of Widget.. well used to be more Southampton ish for now
    Stone the crows ...

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Splashy For This Useful Post:

Pantherboy (01-07-2018), Perdita (02-07-2018)

Ray's speech, for anyone interested

Logies 2018: Ray Meagher dedicates his win to his late Home and Away co-star, Cornelia Frances
    Corny, we know you're up there looking down with a champagne.

https://www.nowtolove.com.au/celebri...-frances-49572
    Last edited by Pantherboy; 02-07-2018 at 00:53.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Pantherboy For This Useful Post:

Perdita (02-07-2018)

surely that not his first logie win

Quote Originally Posted by lizann View Post
    surely that not his first logie win
    He also won the Gold Logie Award in 2010 for Most Popular Personality On Australian Television. Whilst the show itself has won numerous Logies, I think that was Ray's only other personal win.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Pantherboy For This Useful Post:

lizann (02-07-2018)

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...ocial-facebook

Alf leaving H&A, I presume he will be back after panto is over like every year...
    Last edited by Perdita; 17-09-2018 at 11:39.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

kaz21 (17-09-2018), Pantherboy (17-09-2018)

Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...ocial-facebook

Alf leaving H&A, I presume he will be back after panto is over like every year...
    Yes, as you correctly mention Perdita, Alf will only be gone for a little while (as always!):

Digital Spy article:

http://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/home...fter-30-years/

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pantherboy For This Useful Post:

kaz21 (19-09-2018), Perdita (19-09-2018)

Digital Spy article:

Home and Away legend Ray Meagher teases new romantic storyline for Alf Stewart
    "At 70 life is not all over."

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/hom...e-alf-stewart/

Legendary Home and Away star Rory Meagher has hinted that his character Alf Stewart could find love again.

Like some great romantic magician, Alf is set to pull out a few tricks from up his sleeve and woo first wife Martha Stewart all over again in an upcoming storyline.

Chatting to Confidential, the 74-year-old actor teased: "At 70 life is not all over. With a bit of luck there's still a few runs on the board, so it is nice if they are able to meet somebody else and get on with life.

"That is a tiny bit the sort of thing that has happened with Alf and Martha at the moment," he continued of the storyline, which will play out in the 2019 season starting in Australia next week.

Martha (who's played by actress Belinda Giblin) made her return to the Australian soap last year after she'd been presumed dead since 1985.

Ray also shared how he thinks Martha's return to Summer Bay makes for a fantastic opportunity, as several characters have unanswered questions about her.

"I think it is a good story because she has good reasons for not telling us that she faked her own death," he added.

Home and Away airs on Channel 5.

Digital Spy article:

UK PACE

Home and Away teases Alf and Martha's romance storyline in new promo
    Is the love still there after 30 years?

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/hom...nce-storyline/

Love is coming to Summer Bay for long-time Home and Away favourite Alf Stewart (Ray Meagher).

Next week Alf will be rocked by the return of his first wife Martha (Belinda Giblin).

After learning that Willow Harris (Sarah Roberts) has been shot in a woodland showdown with dangerous Ross Nixon, Alf realises that life is too short and decides to give Martha a phone call so they can have a catch-up.

But after their conversation is cut short, Martha decides to pay an unexpected visit to the Bay to make sure Alf is okay.

In the promo clip for the upcoming episodes it appears Martha is really trying to make amends with Alf, but he's struggling to admit his feeling for her.

From the looks of things it will take matchmaker pals Marilyn Chambers and Leah Patterson-Baker to persuade Alf to follow his heart and let Martha back in.

Martha is Alf's first wife, who was presumed to be dead for 29 years.

Then last year, the show revealed that she was actually still alive in a big twist for the soap's 30th anniversary.

Home and Away airs these scenes on Wednesday, March 13 at 6.30pm on 5STAR and Thursday, March 14 at 1.15pm and 6pm on Channel 5.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Pantherboy For This Useful Post:

Perdita (09-03-2019)

Digital Spy article:

Home and Away legend Ray Meagher reveals we'll be seeing less of Alf Stewart
    "Sometimes contracts are made to be broken."

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/hom...r-alf-stewart/

Home and Away legend Ray Meagher has revealed that he plans to give his character Alf Stewart a bit of a rest after 31 years in the role.

Speaking to the Sydney Morning Herald, the 74-year-old actor said that he's made arrangements to have less screen-time on the Australian soap.

"We work for 46 weeks of the year, but I have clauses where I can give producers a reasonable amount of notice for them to write me out to go to the UK and do pantomimes or to go to London and do Priscilla in the West End," he said.

"In this latest contract, I said I wanted to work less weeks, so we've worked that out, but I'll still be there more often than not."

And don't be too disappointed – having recently signed a new contract with the show, Ray has rubbished rumours that he's set to retire.

"I don't really think much about retirement," he said. "I guess the time will come and I will, but I just signed another contract for three years... but sometimes contracts are made to be broken."

Ray also spoke about two of his most successful former co-stars, Isla Fisher and Avengers' Chris Hemsworth, claiming: "You couldn't meet nicer people.

"As soon as Chris walked in, he looks like a Greek God, he's a good actor and he was always working on his craft to get better. I knew he'd go far. You would have to have been an idiot not to know."

Home and Away airs weekdays at 1.15pm and 6pm on Channel 5 (UK) and Mondays to Thursdays at 7pm on Channel 7 (Australia).

Thread Information