Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: David Platt (Jack P Shepherd)

Quote Originally Posted by swmc66 View Post
    Now thus David storyline is confusing. I do not know what is going on.
    What's confusing about it? What don't you understand?

Jack P Shepherd was so good in those interview scenes. He can make David go from one extreme of emotion to another in a split second and be completely convincing.

You'd think those cops would have a little sympathy with his state of mind even though they have to treat him like anyone else who's broken the law.

Quote Originally Posted by swmc66 View Post
    Now thus David storyline is confusing. I do not know what is going on.
    I don't think David's supposed to have thrown the brick through the window. He did put up the posters and reveal Clayton's identity online however.
    Last edited by Dazzle; 06-10-2016 at 01:05.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Dazzle For This Useful Post:

swmc66 (06-10-2016)

That's what confused me was not sure if he did that. I cannot understand him going after Maca as he did not kill Kyle. Not sure what stunt he is going to play with the car and petrol Sounds like he s prepared to die and leave kids behind.

david wants revenge for kylie's death against clayton or any of his mates

6. The Following User Says Thank You to lizann For This Useful Post:

Perdita (07-10-2016)

David Platt's family are forced to take drastic action in Coronation Street next week, after uncovering his devastating revenge plan against Kylie's killer.

An unhinged David (Jack P Shepherd) is held prisoner in the Bistro cellar after his loved ones realise that he's planning to kill Clayton Hibbs and himself.

Bitterly disappointed and angry after hearing that Clayton may never face justice for Kylie's murder, David has come up with a scheme to target him when he appears in court for his trial.

David's masterplan is to fill his car with petrol and use it to blow up Clayton in the ultimate revenge attack, but his payback plot is also a tragic suicide mission as he's prepared to lose his own life in the process.

This becomes devastatingly clear to Gail (Helen Worth) when she discovers a farewell video that David has left for his family on his laptop.

David's first attempt to carry out the plan fails when he heads to the courthouse, watches Clayton from afar and turns the ignition on his car - only to break down in frustration when the engine fails.

Not long afterwards, Gail intervenes by striking against David with help from Nick (Ben Price) and Sarah (Tina O'Brien). The trio lock him in the Bistro cellar in the hope that they can bring him back from the brink and keep him out of trouble in the meantime.

This also leaves the Platts with a whole lot of explaining to do in front of Robert Preston (Tristan Gemmill), as they reluctantly come clean to him about how they're trying to stop David from committing a murder.

Robert confronts Nick and Gail in Coronation Street
    © ITV
    Never one to give up easily when it comes to a dark revenge plan, David later makes a daring bid for freedom - but the big question is whether he still has time to make his dark fantasy a reality.

What happens next is being kept strictly under wraps, but Corrie bosses are promising that it will have far-reaching consequences for more than just the Platt family.

Corrie's producer Kate Oates has also previously teased that David's revenge is leading up to a huge October stunt, so it's safe to say that we should be expecting something pretty spectacular right about now.

"We are going to have a nice big stunt coming up in the autumn. It's traditional, you know! That will possibly be tied up with the Platts' story," Kate revealed in July.

Coronation Street airs these scenes in the week commencing Monday, October 17 on ITV.

Digital Spy

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (11-10-2016), tammyy2j (11-10-2016)

Would David even in this current state out for revenge want to leave Max and Lily as orphans, he is always seen as a good father putting them first

Grief and depression can totally change the personality of a person ..

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (12-10-2016), lizann (12-10-2016), parkerman (12-10-2016)

Noone would stuff whole card board boxes like that in an industrial bin.first of all it costs, secondly You can unfold and then bin. Or you could take it to the recycling centre. The whole boxes and driving a car into them has put me off this storyline. I mean standing outside a building opening and shutting a zippo lighter . Where are security?

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to swmc66 For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (13-10-2016), parkerman (14-10-2016)

Coronation Street star Jack P Shepherd thinks his widowed character David Platt will find love again at some point in the future.

David was left heartbroken last year when his wife Kylie died in his arms after being fatally stabbed by thug Clayton. And his life has, quite literally at times, descended into a car crash ever since.

However, Jack thinks it would be fitting with the nature of Soapland if David moved on with someone else, believing that his alter ego can't be miserable forever.

"Whenever I say that David could go off with other people, journalists have always said that he has to be sad forever because what happened with Kylie was so traumatic," he told the Radio Times.

"But things do move on quickly in soap. Before you know it, he'll be shacked up with somebody else or getting married again.

"It's one of the reasons I like playing the character so much. I just read what the writers have in store for David and believe in it. And if I believe in it, then the audience will believe in it too."

Jack is also full of praise for the show's current producer Kate Oates, who took over the post last year.

"I think Kate's done a great job so far," he said. "She's giving everyone more of a chance to be on screen, so that the viewers can see a greater number of characters.

"I thought it was really noticeable during the big crash in October – we saw all the cast having their own input. For me, the show is at its best when the whole Street comes together."

15. The Following User Says Thank You to tammyy2j For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (13-01-2017)

Coronation Street spoiler: David Platt’s secret bomb plot is exposed after he gives Anna Windass £20,000 secret donation after ‘feeling guilty’
    Coronation Street character David Platt is set to hand over a £20,000 anonymous donation to Anna Windass in apology for causing her serious burns.
    But his secret bomb plot could be exposed after he’s overheard discussing his involvement with her injuries during a conversation with Gail.
    Anna, who was burnt after David’s bomb plot backfired, has been struggling financially ever since and feeling guilty he gives her the windfall after a salon client leaves him money in her will.
    A source said: “David is going to discover a client of his at the salon has left him £20k in her will.
    “But things get even more complicated when Shona overhears him discussing giving it to Anna during a conversation with Gail.
    “He talks candidly about his involvement with Anna’s injuries and it could provide brilliant ammunition.”
    Anna was tempted to sue David Platt in January after she suffered horrific burns when his plot to blow up the courthouse went wrong.
    David, played by Jack P Shepherd, blew himself up in a bid to kill Clayton as part of a revenge murder storyline.
    The awful incident came just hours after a deliriously happy Anna agreed to move in with boyfriend Kevin and take their relationship to the next level.
    But all that was undone by David Platt’s revenge murder fantasy.
    After escaping from the cellar in the Bistro and making his way to the car he bought to carry out his suicidal murder mission to kill his wife Kylie’s murderer, he covered himself and the car in petrol to stop his family from stopping him.
    As he careered down the cobbles, lighter still in hand, his speed picked up and he spotted Lily too late to stop.
    Desperately swerving to avoid his daughter, David flipped the car, and with Gary Windass running into the road to try to save Lily, he hit both of them and became trapped under the car.
    Fans couldn’t believe what had happened, with one fan writing: “Corrie almost gave me a heart attack tonight! So much drama!”
    Another added: “Wow, anyone watching #CoronationStreet ? May have just watched one of the best bits of soap opera filming ever!”

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Glen1 (23-03-2017), tammyy2j (23-03-2017)

Thread Information