Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: David Platt (Jack P Shepherd)

Quote Originally Posted by tammyy2j View Post
    David goes to follow Gary and Nicola whom Pat Phelan is also following

Anyone else see the rumours of David cheating on Shona with Maria?
    ffs another cheating storyline, no doubt Maria will fall pregnant as nobody has ever heard of contraception in soapland

I think Maria has had more men than some people have had hot dinners.

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to hward For This Useful Post:

lizann (23-11-2017), parkerman (23-11-2017), tammyy2j (23-11-2017)

Online rumours that he is going to be raped next year ....... I think that will make a lot of viewers switch off ..

Corrie favourite David Platt will find himself the victim of the serious sexual assault
    Coronation Street favourite David Platt will become the victim of a serious sexual assault in shocking scenes to be screen next year.
    For the first time in its 57-year history the soap will tackle the sensitive subject of male rape after David is attacked.
    Weatherfield favourite David, played by Jack P Shepherd, gets drunk on a night out with a new arrival called Josh and wakes the next morning to realise he's been drugged and assaulted.
    Widower David will be left feeling shame and disgust over what has happened to him and deciding whether or not to report the crime.
    An insider revealed: “There won’t be any sexually explicit scenes, what has happened to David will be implied by his reaction and behaviour when he wakes up the next day and starts to remember some of what happened.
    “With Josh still on the street, David struggles to deal with the shame of what has happened to him. This is a big storyline for Jack and everyone is determined to get it right.”
    Show bosses are working closely with local charity Survivors Manchester on the harrowing storyline involving dad of two David, whose wife Kylie was stabbed to death on the cobbles last summer.
    An estimated 12,000 men are raped in the UK every year, and more than 70,000 are sexually abused or assaulted.
    The dark storyline is set to cause upset for fans who have been complaining recently that the show needs to bring back the laughs and contain less doom and gloom.
    Lily Gargan tweeted: "So much doom and gloom lately, families falling out, people looking for places to live. There was a time when Coronation Street gave me such a good laugh.”
    Donna Inacio said: "Corrie is losing the one thing that made it everyone’s favourite soap... comedy!!!!"
    And lifelong Corrie fan Sir Michael Parkinson who last month moaned that Corrie had become “more horror than soap”.
    Personal trainer and mechanic Josh, who will be played by an unknown actor, arrives on the cobbles in January.
    Channel 4’s Hollyoaks explored the issue of male rape in 2000 when Luke Morgan was brutally attacked by Mark Gibbs at the end of a long-running bullying campaign, and again in 2015 when John Paul McQueen was attacked by student Finn O'Connor.
    Executive producer Bryan Kirkwood said he’d tried to do it while boss of EastEnders between 2010 and 2012 but had been told “in no uncertain terms” that it wasn’t suitable.
    Claiming that the Hollyoaks plot was the proudest moment of his career, he said: “Rape of female characters has become a staple over the years yet male rape or the sexual abuse of men isn’t a conversation we have, ever.”

It happens and never gets covered much the same as domestic violence on males. So good plus the actor is fantastic so he will cover it well. This must be the story Kate was scared to do.

Honestly I can’t help feel that she’s doing all these serious storylines because she wants the show to win awards. But yes male rape is a topic that needs the be talked about and jack p shepherd will nail it no doubt

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to olivia1896 For This Useful Post:

Glen1 (02-12-2017), lizann (03-12-2017), Perdita (02-12-2017), Rear window (06-01-2018), swmc66 (02-12-2017), tammyy2j (18-01-2018)

Quote Originally Posted by olivia1896 View Post
    Honestly I can’t help feel that she’s doing all these serious storylines because she wants the show to win awards. But yes male rape is a topic that needs the be talked about and jack p shepherd will nail it no doubt
    I agree but so many viewers were turned off by the Bethany and Nathan storyline, I think this one will have the same affect
    Last edited by Perdita; 02-12-2017 at 12:48.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Brucie (24-01-2018), Glen1 (02-12-2017), swmc66 (02-12-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by olivia1896 View Post
    Feels a bit like that to me too. Two members of the same family sexually abused within months of each other, in unconnected incidents. Could happen in real life of course but it seems very unlikely.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kim For This Useful Post:

Brucie (24-01-2018), Rear window (06-01-2018)

David Platt to rape?

I may have missed it on here, but I saw David Platt believes he raped someone?

Quote Originally Posted by mysangry View Post
    I may have missed it on here, but I saw David Platt believes he raped someone?
    http://www.soapboards.co.uk/forums/s...att#post888788 He will be raped, he does not rape

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

lizann (09-01-2018), mysangry (07-01-2018), tammyy2j (08-01-2018)

Thread Information