Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: David Platt (Jack P Shepherd)

Not sure i can watch tonights episodes

How Low can Corra go!!!

I found this very disturbing and before the Watershed hour.
    What is going on with Corra now, what ever happened to the innocent story lines that Corra used to have?

I remember the Deidre and Mike Storyline and found it a "must see" time, proper acting and no crime, just what can actually happen to anyone, and
    stories that most people can relate to.

I get that Corra is trying to bring things to the viewers, but we have just had the Bethany, sleazy sicking story, still got Pat and now this, must be honest I don't know of one person
    who has suffered any of these situations. I honestly don't think enough people have this happen and Corra would be better focussing on more topics people are familiar.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to mysangry For This Useful Post:

Rear window (18-03-2018)

David Platt will go off the rails following his harrowing rape ordeal at the hands of Josh Tucker in Coronation Street – and Metro.co.uk can reveal that he will sleep with a young newcomer after ending his relationship with Shona Ramsey in a bid to prove his masculinity. David will continue to bottle up his ordeal from his loved ones and his behaviour over the coming weeks will leave them baffled as Coronation Street continues the exploration of his deteriorating mental health. And when the salon takes on a new recruit, he takes drastic action. Audrey Roberts’ 19-year-old new intern Emma (played by Alexandra Mardell) is proving pretty inept at her job but while David is initially frosty with her, things suddenly take a turn and he spends the night with her.

http://metro.co.uk/2018/03/21/corona...rdeal-7404450/

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tammyy2j For This Useful Post:

lizann (21-03-2018), Perdita (21-03-2018)

i thought it be maria or alya

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...y-Windass.html

gary always beat up because of the platts

Coronation Street star Jack P Shepherd is currently taking centre stage in his biggest storyline yet, as David Platt remains in turmoil after being raped by Josh Tucker.

The tragic plot has seen David alienate everyone him over the past few weeks – dumping his girlfriend Shona Ramsey and shocking his family by brutally attacking Gary Windass in the boxing ring.

Digital Spy recently caught up with Jack for our first big chat with him about David's ongoing story and where it's heading next.

What kind of response have you seen to David's rape storyline since it started?

"Before the storyline started, the reaction was very negative. There were a lot of people saying: 'This shouldn't be on, this is terrible, this is shocking, I'm not going to watch this'.

"But since the storyline has started on screen, the response has actually been really positive. Everybody has said that Corrie is handling the story really well. People who weren't sure about it when it was first announced have now said that they're enthralled with the story, so that's good."

Did you have any reservations when the producers told you about the storyline?

"No, not really. I never do with any story. I'm just always happy with whatever they want to throw at me. I trust the writers, the storyliners and the whole team to deliver it with truth. I always find that if I believe in it, then the audience will too and it'll be fine.

"When I first found out about the storyline, I'd had to go upstairs and talk to our producer Kate Oates about something not work-related. She then said: 'Now that I've got you, I need to talk to you about this storyline'.

"Kate told me what would happen and also asked me to meet Duncan Craig from Survivors Manchester. We met him, went out for dinner and spoke about what the story would entail."

How did you feel when you later saw that the story had boosted helpline calls by 1,700%?

"It's an amazing figure and that was just over a weekend. The episode aired on a Friday – then over the weekend, they had a big increase in calls. It's great. If helpline calls are on the up, it's nice to think that you might have helped in some way."

How's it been to work with Ryan Clayton (Josh) on the storyline, especially since he's a new cast member?

"Really good actually. I think Ryan has played it superbly, because it's so easy – especially in a soap – to slip into a panto villain. Especially when a lot of the time it's literally written in the script that 'he smirks' or stuff like that.

"It's quite hard, especially if you're a new cast member in the show, to say: 'I think this is a bit cliché'. So it's good that he's had some balls to change things. We've both changed things, so that what happened to David did come as a bit of a shock.

"The trick with Josh's character is for him to just be really nice and really genuine with everyone else. That's what makes the audience hate him even more, because they know what he's done."

Will it be a long journey before David tells anyone what's happened to him?

"It could be. That's something that happens in real life. I think they say that on average it takes 25 years for a man to talk about it to anyone, let alone speak to the police.

"Obviously we're not going to keep the storyline going for 25 years – that'd be awful viewing – but that's actually what happens. But obviously when the episodes went out where it happened to David, people did start talking.

"I think everybody agrees that Josh is a bad person and David has been through something horrific, so I think Josh does need to get his comeuppance."

Would you like to see David and Shona get back together?

"Obviously there's the Emma story that pops along first. I think there's definitely a love there between David and Shona, but he's just going through torment at the minute because of what's happened to him. He feels like he can't get back into a sexual relationship with Shona, because it reminds him of Josh.

"It's also little things – like Josh touched his leg that night, so if Shona tries to touch his leg or hold his hand, it brings it all back. That's why he's trying to distance himself from her."

On a lighter note, how was it to be reunited with your on-screen dad Sean Wilson (Martin Platt) recently?

"I've not seen Sean for 13 years and when he first came in, I thought: 'Is this going to be a bit awkward? I've not seen him for so long'. But we got onto the floor and it was literally like he'd not been away. I think I was only about 15 when he left. It was just like old times and it was lovely to see him."

You've previously called for Nigel Havers to come back as Lewis Archer and the producers have done exactly that!

"It's great! He swanned into make-up while I was in the chair and he said: 'Well, I was in the area so I thought I'd pop in!' He's great – I love him, he's such a lad. He always has some great stories to share – although I can't tell you any of them! But David is too involved with his own storyline to be messing around with Lewis this time, which is a shame."

Your co-star Samia Longchambon has called for David and Maria to get together. What do you think?

"I think it should definitely happen. In fact, there's a scene coming up soon where Maria is rambling on, because she's trying to get to the bottom of what's wrong with David. David thinks 'This will shut her up', so he goes in to kiss her.

"Maria steps back and asks what he's doing, but David says: 'Come on, you know it's you I've always wanted'. He's not being truthful, he just wants something else to become the conversation, rather than what's really going on with him.

"On the actual day we filmed the scene, it was meant to be a kiss, but we had to change it because Samia was ill. She had a full-on cold and I've never had a cold, so I didn't want to catch one for the first time. We had to change it so it was a nearly-kiss, so it does seem like we're destined never to be together!

"But ultimately if we do get together I think it'll be doomed, because all of Maria's exes are dead and all of David's exes are dead. One of us would end up dying!"

How does it feel to be nominated for Best Actor at the Soap Awards?

"It feels alright! There's me, Connor McIntyre and Shayne Ward and obviously the others from the other soaps. I've had a storyline this year, so that's nice. If people thought I was alright, maybe they'll vote. But we'll see!"

Votes for the British Soap Awards can be cast via the ceremony's website. Coronation Street airs on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays at 7.30pm and 8.30pm on ITV.

Survivors Manchester is available to support adult male survivors of sexual abuse and rape. Its website can be found at www.survivorsmanchester.org.uk and its helpline is 0161 236 2182. Local support agencies for all male and female survivors can be found at www.thesurvivorstrust.org. In an emergency, please dial 999.

Digital Spy

Going to propose to Shona

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

hward (24-06-2018)

He has signed another contract for a year

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Glen1 (15-10-2018), hward (18-10-2018), tammyy2j (23-01-2019)

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/cor...n-awards-2019/

Things are going to get messy between the brothers ....

Audrey and Gail will think David took Archie's money from Audrey over the real culprit Nick

Thread Information