Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Thread: The Tanaka twin brothers

DS article:

Neighbours' David Tanaka to face difficult moment in Ramsay Street return plot
    He crosses paths with Cara again.

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/nei...d-return-cara/

Neighbours spoilers follow.

Neighbours fans will see David Tanaka face an unexpected hurdle as he moves back to Ramsay Street next week.

David will be returning to Erinsborough alongside his husband Aaron Brennan and Nicolette Stone in upcoming scenes, putting aside his previous doubts over revisiting his old life.

The show's recent Flashback Week confirmed that David, Aaron and Nicolette all left town after getting caught up in the high-stakes drama surrounding Paul Robinson, Melanie Pearson, Krista Sinclair and Eden Shaw.

After so many incidents involving Paul over the years, David has felt highly reluctant to live near him again. However, Aaron has admitted that he isn't happy living in the country and wants to be back on Ramsay Street.

In next week's episodes, the couple finally agree on where their future lies as they prepare to head back to the country to pack up their house for the move back to Erinsborough.

When they cross paths with Cara Varga-Murphy on the street, David feels awkward over their previous conversation where he led her to believe that he was still a doctor.

As David will now be living opposite the Varga-Murphys, Aaron points out that he'll have to correct Cara's mistaken assumption sooner rather than later.

David speaks to Cara and explains that he did use to be a doctor at the hospital, but has now moved onto a new phase in his career.

He avoids sharing any further details, not wanting to delve back into the trauma of Gareth Bateman's death and how he was struck off for medical manslaughter.

Much to David's relief, Cara accepts his explanation and doesn't ask for further details.

With that difficult moment over, can David and Aaron make the move back to Ramsay Street work?

Neighbours releases new episodes from Mondays to Thursdays for free on Amazon Freevee in the UK and US. In Australia, the show airs from Mondays to Thursdays at 4pm on Channel 10, with a 6.30pm repeat screening on 10 Peach.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Pantherboy For This Useful Post:

Bossy7 (29-11-2023)

DS article - as previously speculated...:

Neighbours hints at new romance storyline for Leo Tanaka
    Who could it be?

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/nei...clair-romance/

Neighbours has hinted at a new storyline for Leo Tanaka, with romance possibly in the air.

Leo has gotten closer to Krista Sinclair in recent weeks, showing her the ropes at the hotel as she undergoes her recovery from drug addiction.

In next Thursday's (December 28) scenes, Leo will face his feelings head-on as Krista learns that she could be extradited back to the UK.

In a heartfelt conversation, Krista confides that she is fearing her future, weighing up the pros and cons of defending herself given the profile of her wealthy family.

Leo carefully offers his opinion on the matter, with Krista thanking him for his listening skills as they begin to grow closer.

Their growing bond worries David, however, who has also been supporting Krista by being her sober companion.

After Leo praises Krista in front of David, he notices a change in his twin brother's demeanour and warns him that she is not yet ready for a relationship.

Leo dismisses David's suggestions, but privately can feel himself being drawn to Krista. Will he follow his brother's advice or his heart?...

Elsewhere on the soap, there could be trouble ahead for Terese Willis and Toadie Rebecchi, with Terese actor Rebekah Elmaloglou hinting that the arrival of Toadie's ex-wife Melanie Pearson could throw a spanner in the works.

"[Terese] feels at this stage that her and Toadie are quite solid and there's no concerns about having Melanie back," she explained. "There is a good heart there, Melanie does need good care and she doesn't have anyone at the moment."

"That doesn't last very long though. I think [Terese] doubts herself and regrets it very, very quickly," she added.

Neighbours releases new episodes from Mondays to Thursdays for free on Amazon Freevee in the UK and US. In Australia, the show airs from Mondays to Thursdays at 4pm on Channel 10, with a 6.30pm repeat screening on 10 Peach.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Pantherboy For This Useful Post:

Bossy7 (29-12-2023)

DS article:

Neighbours to revisit tragic death storyline in new scenes
    Leo and Krista's connection comes under threat.

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/nei...ne-leo-krista/

Neighbours will revisit the sad death of Britney Barnes in new scenes, as Leo Tanaka's connection with Krista Sinclair takes another turn.

In scenes that will air on Monday, January 15, pregnant Krista is left upset after she overhears Leo making some harsh comments about her parenting capabilities when he rebukes Sadie Rodwell for leaving his young daughter, Abigail, in Krista's care.

Leo is embarrassed when he realises that Krista has heard his remarks and he is soon attempting to mend his friendship with her.

Apologising to Krista, Leo explains his overreaction by telling her about how he tragically lost Abigail's mum, Britney, in the Erinsborough storm disaster in 2022, leaving him ultra-protective of Abigail as a result.

However, when Leo accidentally calls Krista 'Britney', his dad Paul Robinson realises the true nature of their relationship.

Paul suggests that Leo sees Krista as a way to make up for all his failings with Britney - an idea which Leo immediately denies.

Not accepting Leo's protests, Paul soon warns Krista about Leo's feelings, and Krista is left shaken by the idea that Leo may see her as a project, rather than wanting a genuine friendship with her.

Unnerved, Krista turns away from Leo and seeks support from Remi Varga-Murphy instead. Krista admits to Remi that she hasn't been able to eat or drink anything since her drink was spiked at the Lassiters Summer Nights Party, as she's paranoid that it's going to happen again.

Is Leo and Krista's friendship over?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Pantherboy For This Useful Post:

Bossy7 (09-01-2024)

What a way for DAVID to exit the show!

Love that he saved his brother, saved EDEN & died the perfect death for his character!!!

Writers got this one just right! 10/10

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Bossy7 For This Useful Post:

Pantherboy (02-02-2024)

Quote Originally Posted by Bossy7 View Post
    What a way for DAVID to exit the show!

Love that he saved his brother, saved EDEN & died the perfect death for his character!!!

Writers got this one just right! 10/10
    i just hope paul isn't involved in edens release and how did eden know where they were

the recording from david to aaron was heartbreaking

10. The Following User Says Thank You to lizann For This Useful Post:

Bossy7 (02-02-2024)

Yep, the minute PAUL took that call and then ANDREW came looking for him made me think PAUL had somehow got EDEN out of jail?.

It would be true to PAULs character but I just dont understand why PAUL would have risked everything now that DAVID was finally talking to him again.

Im prepared for PAUL to be responsible but for once I wish PAUL would be the victim. It gets a bit boring and predictable with PAUL always bring the bad guy.

And that recording!!!!! That was the best !!! So something DAVID would do. I loved it.

Never been a huge DAVID fan but Ive really enjoyed the character the past couple of weeks . The exit was perfect and stayed true to who DAVID really was. It really is one of my all time favourite NEIGHBOURS death!

I cant wait to watch PAUL & LEO both navigate their guilt and heartache these next few weeks.

Love having LEO front and centre. He has always been a favourite up there with PAUL. Hoping the writers keep the momentum going with whats coming next !
    Last edited by Bossy7; 02-02-2024 at 01:54.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Bossy7 For This Useful Post:

lizann (02-02-2024)

that line tell dad he is forgiven broke me

14. The Following User Says Thank You to thestud2k7 For This Useful Post:

Bossy7 (04-02-2024)

who is back for his funeral, the mother, chloe, susan, his other siblings from paul?

Quote Originally Posted by lizann View Post
    who is back for his funeral, the mother, chloe, susan, his other siblings from paul?
    The only confirmed returnee, at this stage, is Lucy Robinson (see the latest article on the Lucy thread).

This DS article shows numerous pictures from the funeral, but the only returnee in shot (that I can see) is Lucy:

Neighbours teases tragic week in 24 spoiler pictures
    Your full collection of photos showing what's ahead in the week commencing Monday, January 29.

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/nei...s-tragic-week/

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Pantherboy For This Useful Post:

lizann (03-02-2024)

DS article:

Neighbours star Takaya Honda shares powerful real-life link to David's exit storyline
    "This one's for you mum."

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/nei...powerful-link/

Major Neighbours spoilers follow from Thursday's episode (February 1), which is streaming now on Amazon Freevee.

Neighbours star Takaya Honda has shared a powerful real-life link to his character David Tanaka's exit storyline.

David made his final appearance on the soap in Thursday's episode (February 1), as he tragically died following injuries he'd sustained after falling from a cliff with Eden Shaw.

Honda took to Instagram shortly after the episode aired to reveal that his last scenes had a special impact on him, as they were filmed only days after his mum passed away from Alzheimer's.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C20ej...a-4bc1ada6897a

"This one's for you mum," he wrote, alongside a clip of David's emotional death.

"Some of you know that my mum passed away last year after living with early onset Alzheimer's for about 15 years. What very few know is that she passed away just days after I filmed this scene.

"In the lead up to David's death I was experiencing a strange kind of grief. When David was to die I felt that part of me was going to die. We had shared 8 years together and he was very much written into the fabric of myself.

"With his death looming I began thinking a lot about my mum and how she had never really watched me on Neighbours, not in any real sense, as the Alzheimer's had progressed too far by the time I was cast."

He continued: "This was a scene I was so motivated to bring to life on camera from the very start. I pitched that we film it when they first told me the storyline, and then, when it wasn't in the script or the schedule, I pushed again for us to squeeze it in. I was adamant that we let the audience see David die.

"As this scene approached my thoughts of her, began turning into more of a motivation. I wasn't using mum to create the emotion for the scene, but for some reason I just felt like I was doing the scene FOR her."

Honda went on to explain how the memory of his mum got him through the difficult scene, saying: "I didn't know why at the time but when she passed a few days later it finally made sense to me, why I felt so motivated and why she would pass away at the beginning of my last week of filming.

"She wanted me to know that she knew, that she had been watching, and she was proud. And as she had been non verbal for years, this was the only way she could tell me.

"When I turned up back on set two days later to literally die on a slab as David's dead body, people would ask me how I was able to get through that and I don't think I understood then but I do now. It was because of her, she got me through it because she wouldn't have wanted me to have done anything else."

The actor concluded: "Mum loved watching soaps and I'm now certain she loved me on Neighbours, even though Days of Our Lives was always her favourite. Love you mum."

Thread Information