Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Neighbours Spoilers 29th Aug - 2nd Sep 2016

Quote Originally Posted by kaz21 View Post
    I think she was friends with stephs's sister Michelle.
    Ah ,that's right, thanks

Here's the original Elly with Michelle

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Aussieguy For This Useful Post:

CookieTargaryen (22-08-2016), Dazzle (21-08-2016), kaz21 (21-08-2016), tammyy2j (24-08-2016)

Im glad Elly is being found out for being horrible to Piper.I wonder why she is picking on her so much maybe she reminds her of herself when she was younger anyways she should know better as she is meant to be a teacher.

I know piper shouldn't have thrown the drink on her, but she should have been the bigger person and understood why. But she's just vindictive. Like making piper thinking she slept with Tyler, or being rude to her in, her own house.

Quote Originally Posted by kaz21 View Post
    I know piper shouldn't have thrown the drink on her, but she should have been the bigger person and understood why. But she's just vindictive. Like making piper thinking she slept with Tyler, or being rude to her in, her own house.
    All this makes me wonder about the writers' intentions for Elly? Is she supposed to be an out-and-out villain? Even if she's supposed to be just a bitchy character, her behaviour towards Piper is a bit full on.

Anyway, I'm not an Elly hater and I really dislike Piper at the moment, so I've got little sympathy for the latter I'm afraid.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dazzle For This Useful Post:

badirene (23-08-2016), tammyy2j (24-08-2016)

I don't hate Elly, i dislike her. Tho she grew on me when she saved nell.
    Last edited by kaz21; 21-08-2016 at 20:38.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to kaz21 For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (21-08-2016)

I dislike her too i'm trying to be open minded about her character but she isn't making it easy.Are we meant to be liking her? Well her behaviour the next few episodes is going to put me off her for awhile.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to inmyveins For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (21-08-2016), kaz21 (21-08-2016), Ruffed_lemur (21-08-2016)

Quote Originally Posted by inmyveins View Post
    I dislike her too i'm trying to be open minded about her character but she isn't making it easy.Are we meant to be liking her? Well her behaviour the next few episodes is going to put me off her for awhile.
    That's what I want to know too! Her character is really ill-defined at the moment and it's hard to know what to make of her. As a teacher, her behaviour towards Piper is beyond inappropriate and I can't think of a reason that would excuse it or at least make it more understandable. At the opposite end of the spectrum we've witnessed her grief over the miscarriage (although that lasted all of two episodes).

What confuses me the most is that it seems to me that Jodi Anasta often plays Elly's bitchiness quite tongue in cheek - as if it's not to be taken too seriously. Therefore, I sometimes find her quite amusing. I'm aware I'm very much in the minority though!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Dazzle For This Useful Post:

badirene (23-08-2016)

I find Elly a bit flakey really, she's very unprofessional most of the time, she is good with Xanthe to be fair but her behaviour towards Piper is out of order (especially what I see in the latest spoilers.)

Susan needs to take off her rose tinted spectacles for Elly & pull her up on it.

I feel very neutral towards her with no strong feelings either way. I don't mind characters being light hearted fun loving but as a teacher she should be more discreet at least her flaunting herself at men whether it be Mark, Tyler or Ned often in front of them and acting equally as immature as them at times doesn't feel right to me. I'm guessing she's a troubled character and we'll see more about her back story in time and why she is as she is.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to binky321 For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (21-08-2016)

So was Xanthe actually sexually assaulted or did he attempt to? I thought it was the latter and Xanthe got away but looking at these spoilers, it looks like the former?

Quote Originally Posted by its.like.that View Post
    So was Xanthe actually sexually assaulted or did he attempt to? I thought it was the latter and Xanthe got away but looking at these spoilers, it looks like the former?
    I think he tried and she got away. If he had assaulted her she would have gone straight to the police as she would have evidence. Otherwise it's he said she said. And as we know there is video proof.

Re. Elly - I think she's a decent person with serious issues stemming from her break up. The thing with Piper is confusing. Will be interesting to see the reasoning behind that. Could be as simple as holding a grudge over their initial meeting. But that would be rather childish for a teacher.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Aussieguy For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (22-08-2016)

Thread Information