Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: Courtney Mitchell

Quote Originally Posted by di marco
    i suppose the actors that play them cant speak in a foreign accent, but they would have an accent cos my friend moved back to new zealand and her little brother was born over here and had an english accent but 4 years after theyd moved we went to visit them and he had a really strong new zealand accent so ben and courtney would have accents too. im not sure if courtney can speak portugese, you would think she would seeing as shes lived over there most her life, cos when carla was speaking on the phone afterwards she told courtney she shouldnt have been listening in but if courtney couldnt understand her then there wouldnt have been a problem, so i think she must be able to speak it (if that makes sense)

I understand but I thought Courtney didn't understand what Carla was saying on the phone?

Quote Originally Posted by Kim131
    I understand but I thought Courtney didn't understand what Carla was saying on the phone?
    well i got the impression that she did cos why otherwise would carla be so concerned that courtney was listening in?
    ~x~Tizzy~x~
    A fool and his money are a girl's best friend

thanks to vicky for making the banna!

Quote Originally Posted by di marco
    well i got the impression that she did cos why otherwise would carla be so concerned that courtney was listening in?
    if courtney understood, surely she would have said something to Grant or someone
    Super Mod

Quote Originally Posted by Siobhan
    if courtney understood, surely she would have said something to Grant or someone
    yeh thats what i thought, but i couldnt see why carla would be so bothered otherwise?
    ~x~Tizzy~x~
    A fool and his money are a girl's best friend

thanks to vicky for making the banna!

I was mature for my age then!! I'm actually quite immature now Can't blame me for having laughs all the time.. anyways.. my sister is 7 and their maturity is around her age and even younger..

Very unbeliavble (sp?)...

Yeah, she seems just the type to blab in order to cause trouble, and she'd go to any means necessary if it meant getting shot of Carla. I thought Courtney didn't understand because of the look on her face when Carla was on the phone, and it seemed as if she wanted something to talk about. Carla might have thought that Courtney understood so that's why she reacted like she did or she just hates people being nosey.

I moved to the Netherlands when my children were 7 and 4 and they were both fluent in Dutch within 6 months. Why don't script writers think of this? It's like when Ken Barlow's daughter came back from Scotland with a broad Lancashire accent, even though a few years earlier she had a broad Scottish accent. (This was a long while ago for those who don't know what I'm talking about).

Ben, yeah a drip but I really want him to be evil...like the omen!! looks all sweet and innocent but underneath causing major trouble.. Burn the vic ben, burn the vic
    Ha it would be funny if the new webcam conversation was

phil:" truthfully why did you hit freddie and then burn the vic down?"

ben: "they told me too...the voices in my head" (pyscho music plays)

Also i think courtney is ok but ben is creepy its like what does he do in that room all day? and at this rate will the others in lost be after him?

The makers of the film 'the others' should seriously have adopted the character of Ben Mitchell.
    Last edited by Kim; 06-06-2006 at 17:53.

In foriegn Countries, It also depends on the language used at home-Kathy and Grant are english and as such they would use english. Gavin's (Kathy's last husband)-His nationallity was never revealed-He could been english and his parents may have moved to South Africa when he was a teenager! There are schools where only english kids go! Courtney and Ben because of who there parents are would probally gone to schools like these and probally learned the languages of there new homelands. Ben probally learned the language but why would he need it to commuincate with the Mitchells and Beales? Courtney probally does understand the language Carla was using but probally because of the attitudes of Peggy and Co-She won't say anything as she is scared she won't be believed! or be accused of jealousy of Carla! (as a rival for Grant's affection)

Thread Information