Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: Courtney Mitchell

Courtney is 9 but even so, she is extremely immature. Ben just behaves like a drip.

well the thing is, they are only young kids, so it's not like they can give them a huge amount of screentime to develop their characters to the extent you would with an adult character. i think they've done pretty well with both kids myself, yeah, they might seem a bit immature, but these are kids with many issues!

I can't stand Ben, he's really drippy. Also, Ben has lived in South Africa since he was baby so I would have expected him to speak with a South African accent. Likewise with Courtney, she has lived in Brazil since she was a baby and she can't understand/speak Portugese?

Carol

Quote Originally Posted by kayuqtuq
    I can't stand Ben, he's really drippy. Also, Ben has lived in South Africa since he was baby so I would have expected him to speak with a South African accent. Likewise with Courtney, she has lived in Brazil since she was a baby and she can't understand/speak Portugese?

Carol
    Yeah, I would say 5 years of constant language learning is enough to establish some fluency, and it is easiest to learn a language when you are young like Courtney was when she moved to Brazil and Ben when he moved to South Africa.

Quote Originally Posted by Kim131
    Courtney is 9 but even so, she is extremely immature. Ben just behaves like a drip.
    I don't think it is just immature, it is spoilt and acting that way get her attention from her dad so i don't think she will go up anytime soon.. The only time I seen her not be immature was when she told her dad she didn't want him back with Carla cause she made him cry... she wasn't been childish or spoilt

Ben, yeah a drip but I really want him to be evil...like the omen!! looks all sweet and innocent but underneath causing major trouble.. Burn the vic ben, burn the vic
    Super Mod

Yeah, I would say 5 years of constant language learning is enough to establish some fluency, and it is easiest to learn a language when you are young like Courtney was when she moved to Brazil and Ben when he moved to South Africa.
    I don't think they could get kids with those accents and EE will probably say "well their parents have an english accent so that is how they have theirs" blah blah blah
    Super Mod

Quote Originally Posted by Siobhan
    I don't think they could get kids with those accents and EE will probably say "well their parents have an english accent so that is how they have theirs" blah blah blah
    I didn't say that they could, they could have wrote in the translation of some of the foreign language for them to say on screen, that way it would look as realistic as possible.

I didn't say that they could, they could have wrote in the translation of some of the foreign language for them to say on screen, that way it would look as realistic as possible.
    No i agree with you.. I think that it is stupid having 2 kids that went to a country as a child and not even having a slight accent from that country.. even if one or two words they spoke had an accent that would be fine
    Super Mod

Quote Originally Posted by Siobhan
    No i agree with you.. I think that it is stupid having 2 kids that went to a country as a child and not even having a slight accent from that country.. even if one or two words they spoke had an accent that would be fine
    Yeah, that is easily taught, schools are constantly working on pronounciation and accents.

i suppose the actors that play them cant speak in a foreign accent, but they would have an accent cos my friend moved back to new zealand and her little brother was born over here and had an english accent but 4 years after theyd moved we went to visit them and he had a really strong new zealand accent so ben and courtney would have accents too. im not sure if courtney can speak portugese, you would think she would seeing as shes lived over there most her life, cos when carla was speaking on the phone afterwards she told courtney she shouldnt have been listening in but if courtney couldnt understand her then there wouldnt have been a problem, so i think she must be able to speak it (if that makes sense)
    ~x~Tizzy~x~
    A fool and his money are a girl's best friend

thanks to vicky for making the banna!

Thread Information