Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Brooke Butler (Fifi Box)

Brooke Butler (Fifi Box)

Article in The Daily Telegraph which says that Fifi Box is joining Neighbours to play Brooke Butler, the estranged mother of Xanthe Canning:

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ent...10234cfc7b87e8

Fifi Box Neighbours debut, I’m ‘pinching myself’

FIFI Box has fulfilled a life long dream by landing a television acting role.

The Fox FM breakfast co-host has joined the cast of Neighbours and had her first day on set of the popular soap yesterday.

“I’m so excited and still pinching myself,’’ Box said.

“My 15 year-old self would have auditioned and I never assumed in my wildest dreams that I’d be doing it now. When I heard they had a role I jumped at it. All jokes aside acting was my first love and I loved drama in year 12.”

Box will be playing Brooke Butler, the estranged mother of Xanthe Canning (played by Lilly Van der Meer). Box will have a lot of scenes with Colette Mann who plays Sheila Canning.

“Essentially I’ll be there every day and it’s going to be interesting in terms of balance in my life,’’ Box said.

“I’d love to have a scene with the Kennedys and Dr Karl.”

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Pantherboy For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (28-07-2016), FunkyMonkey (26-09-2016), Perdita (19-07-2016)

Xanthe's mum turns up

Fifi Box as Brooke Butler in Neighbours
    © Channel 5

Fifi Box may not be a household name in the UK, but over in Australia she's well-known as a popular breakfast radio presenter. Now she's joining Neighbours for a guest stint as Xanthe's mum Brooke Butler, who makes her first appearance in next week's Queensland-based episodes.

Brooke is billed as a Gold Coast party girl who'll "rattle the cage" of the Canning family when she joins them on Ramsay Street. The big questions here are whether Xanthe can build up a relationship with her mum, whether Brooke can be trusted and what her motives are for suddenly appearing. And we can't wait to see how a very sceptical Sheila gets along with her...

Digital Spy

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (20-09-2016), FunkyMonkey (26-09-2016), Kimby0308 (22-09-2016), Pantherboy (19-09-2016)

Xanthe Canning is finally reunited with her estranged mum Brooke Butler on Neighbours next week.

Brooke puts in an unexpected appearance just after the Canning family's TV debut on Family Feud goes to air, giving the fiery clan 15 minutes of fame.

Does that timing sound slightly suspicious to you? It does to us too, but let's not forget that Brooke was already keeping an eye on Xanthe (Lilly Van Der Meer) from afar in Queensland recently, so maybe her intentions really are genuine.

The good news is that Brooke certainly seems pretty apologetic for her past behaviour, too – and Xanthe is overcome with emotion as her mum tries to explain the reasons for her disappearance.

When the excuses don't quite ring true, Brooke begs her ex-husband Gary to intervene – hoping that he can convince Xanthe to give her another chance.

You'll have to tune in to find out whether Brooke gets that chance to redeem herself, but one person who's very unimpressed by her arrival is Xanthe's grandmother Sheila.

Convinced that Brooke has an ulterior motive for being there, sceptical Sheila hatches a plan to get proof that something isn't right.

When Xanthe catches Sheila right in the middle of her detective act, the troublesome teen admits that she can't help doubting Brooke too – even though she'd love to think that her visit is motivated by love.

Seems like Brooke has a lot of making up to do – especially with eagle-eyed Sheila watching her every move...

Neighbours bosses have cast Aussie radio host Fifi Box in the role of Brooke, billed as a Gold Coast party girl who's going to shake up Ramsay Street.

Neighbours' executive producer Jason Herbison recently commented: "We needed someone who can not only act, but had a natural warmth, high energy and could also pull off Gold Coast chic - and Fifi nailed it.

"Jokes aside, Fifi's audition was brilliant and her character Brooke is going to rattle the cage on Ramsay Street. We are all very excited to have her join the Canning family."

Digital Spy

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (17-10-2016), Pantherboy (17-10-2016)

gary scores well with the ladies

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to lizann For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (17-10-2016), Pantherboy (17-10-2016), tammyy2j (17-10-2016)

Daily Telegraph article on Fifi Box (it is a general article rather than saying much about her character, Brooke Butler):

My Project co-hosts helped me learn my lines for Neighbours, says Fifi Box

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ent...d1d54b45499600

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Pantherboy For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (23-10-2016)

what is with this show just hiring reality stars for characters instead of using REAL actors

I wonder what Terese will make of Gary's ex

Well it looks like the "secret" could be her wanting Jesse to live with the Cannings

Is Brooke a regular character? I thought she would be going when the jewellery con is discovered.

Quote Originally Posted by tammyy2j View Post
    I wonder what Terese will make of Gary's ex
    Wish Gary would get back with Terese.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ruffed_lemur For This Useful Post:

indigodance (24-11-2016), kaz21 (09-11-2016)

Thread Information