Thread: Courtney Campbell (Amy Conachan)

Exclamation Courtney Campbell (Amy Conachan)

It looks like Hollyoaks has a new star in its midst as it is revealed that Amy Conachan is joining the cast.

© Channel 4

The Scottish actress will play play Courtney Campbell, the rebellious cousin of Cameron Campbell.

Conachan's Courtney will join the Lomax household later this year, and begin a new job teaching science at Hollyoaks High.

She will attempt to find her cousin Lockie, who unbeknownst to her was murdered by Cameron.

Conachan will make her first appearance on the show in August 2016.

Digital Spy

She's joined as the feisty cousin of killer Cameron Campbell but Hollyoaks newcomer Amy Conachan couldn't be happier that her latest role isn't defined by disability.

Amy's brand new alter ego Courtney will arrive in the village hot on the heels of Cameron's father's death, but it doesn't take her long to become suspicious of Lockie's whereabouts.

Courtney's interrogation will certainly put Cameron on edge (it's about time), but the exciting plot is a welcome break for Hollyoaks' newest recruit.

"In the past, I've played characters who needed to have a disability as part of the story," Amy explained to Inside Soap. "But this role and this storyline isn't about that - and I think that's a really important step forward for me as an actress and as a person.

Amy Conachan as Courtney Campbell in Hollyoaks
    © Lime Pictures
    "People are more educated and aware of disabilities nowadays, and I think having a girl in a wheelchair telling a story about her being in a wheelchair is a bit old now.

"For me, it's great that my first story had nothing to do with that whatsoever - and I just happen to be in a wheelchair."

But the big question is, can Courtney really take on the force that is criminal Cameron?

Cameron Campbell tries to get Ste Hay back on drugs in Hollyoaks
    © Lime Pictures

"She definitely has that in her," Amy said. "She is feisty and stubborn and she does what she wants and gets what she wants.

"Cameron is a dangerous man and she should be wary of him - but if anyone can give as good as she gets, it's Courtney."

Watch out, Courtney...

Hollyoaks airs Courtney's first scenes on Monday, August 29 at 6.30pm on Channel 4.

Digital Spy

will daddy liam return for courtney's baby

Thread Information