Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Toyah Battersby

Pure speculation it is Toyah Battersby but probably is

I wonder is Peter and Toyah's returns connected

That will annoy Leanne so i expect that is a very good guess

Coronation Street’s Georgia Taylor – Toyah’s been cheating on her husband!
    It’s not just Father Christmas showing up on Coronation Street this Christmas as Toyah Battersby makes a shock return to the cobbles.
    She surprises her sister Leanne when she suddenly shows up on Christmas day, sending her sister’s festive plans into chaos.
    And it soon becomes apparent that Toyah’s brought sack loads of drama with her as she admits to Leanne that her marriage is over and she’s been having an affair.
    Later, Toyah calls at Nick Tilsley’s flat but she’s taken aback to find her husband Toby there. Suggesting they need to talk, Leanne makes herself scarce.
    Toby begs Toyah to give their marriage another chance and try for a baby again, but Toyah’s adamant it’s over between them.
    Georgia Taylor, who plays Toyah, says her alter ego is in desperate need of her sister’s help.
    She said: “Toyah’s been having a tough time with her husband. There’s a sense that she’s trying to pretend that everything is ok but when she has a huge argument with her husband on Christmas morning, she just ups and leaves.
    “It’s like putting a sticking plaster over it and she thinks, ‘Oh if I’m with my sister and with Simon we’ll all have a jolly time’.
    “I think she’s reached a real crossroads and she just wants that support from her sister. Also, there are other people on the street like Roy who she’s also very close to.
    “She’s found herself back there and it will be interesting to see if she takes a step back or if she tries to embrace this with a new head on.”
    Talking about how she feels to be back on the cobbles, Georgia added: “It’s fantastic.
    “There’s a lot to take in, we’re in a brand spanking new studio so a lot of familiar faces and a lot of new faces as well. I’m just trying to get to grips with anything really – Jane’s been fantastic.”
    See Toyah’s shock return to the cobbles on Christmas day.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (06-12-2016), Ruffed_lemur (03-12-2016)

Quote Originally Posted by tammyy2j View Post
    I wonder is Peter and Toyah's returns connected
    I said that in another post!!!!!
    Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe

yes her as pete's new lady friend looking obvious now, battersby girls share a passion for peter barlow and bros

8. The Following User Says Thank You to lizann For This Useful Post:

Perdita (05-12-2016)

Coronation Street’s Georgia Taylor – There’s going to be friction between Toyah and Eva!
    Leanne Battersby is going to have a major headache this Christmas as she juggles all the drama in her life.
    Not only is the Coronation Street resident hiding the fact she’s having Steve McDonald’s baby, she’s also juggling a couple of male egos, Nick Tilsley and Peter Barlow.
    To make matters even worse her sister Toyah is going to turn up on Christmas day, and here Georgia Taylor, who plays her, says it won’t be long before there’s tension between Leanne’s sisters.
    Why does Toyah decide to come back to Weatherfield?
    Toyah’s been having a tough time with her husband. There’s a sense that she’s trying to pretend that everything is ok but when she has a huge argument with her husband on Christmas morning, she just ups and leaves. It’s like putting a sticking plaster over it and she thinks, ‘Oh if I’m with my sister and with Simon we’ll all have a jolly time’.
    Why does she think returning to the Street will help?
    I think she’s reached a real crossroads and she just wants that support from her sister. Also, there are other people on the street like Roy who she’s also very close to. She’s found herself back there and it will be interesting to see if she takes a step back or if she tries to embrace this with a new head on.
    Has Toyah been completely honest with Leanne about her reasons for returning?
    Well, Toyah has other secrets to do with her husband and marriage that come out in time.
    Toyah’s husband Toby turns up, can you tell us what happens there?
    Toyah is shocked to find her husband Toby at Nick’s flat. He begs Toyah to give their marriage another go but Toyah sticks to her guns and tells him it’s over. There are things that have happened in her relationship with her husband which impact on the woman she’s become and I’m excited to explore that.
    What happens next?
    Leanne doesn’t feel well so Toyah and Nick take her to hospital.
    Does Toyah hold a grudge against Maria for what happened in the past?
    For Toyah, she’s marked her card and she’s not forgotten. For me, these are the things that are really fun to play, these are the things that give a nod to the past and keep me grounded in something. So no, she won’t let that go.
    What’s she doing for work?
    She’s a counselor which I think makes a lot of sense because of everything she went through with the rape storyline that she’d do something that’s about caring and nurturing.
    How will Toyah react to Leanne’s other sister, Eva?
    Toyah and Eva are polar opposites. Whereas Leanne is quite businesswoman-like in her smart clothes, Toyah is very boho which is completely different to Eva. They have nothing in common apart from Leanne and Toyah is not used to sharing Leanne with another sister so this will cause friction from the beginning.
    How does it feel to be back?
    It’s fantastic. There’s a lot to take in, we’re in a brand spanking new studio so a lot of familiar faces and a lot of new faces as well. I’m just trying to get to grips with anything really – Jane’s been fantastic.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (15-12-2016)

Toyah close to Roy? Surely Toyah had left long before Roy arrived.

Quote Originally Posted by LouiseP View Post
    Toyah left in 2003; Roy came in 1995. Eight years overlap.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to parkerman For This Useful Post:

Perdita (15-12-2016)

Quote Originally Posted by LouiseP View Post
    she worked in roy cafe

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lizann For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (15-12-2016), parkerman (15-12-2016)

Thread Information