Thread: Goldie McQueen - Chelsee Healey

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Exclamation Goldie McQueen - Chelsee Healey

Waterloo Road veteran Chelsee Healey has a new soap role lined up in Hollyoaks.

The 27-year-old Manchester native has not yet revealed who she'll be playing in the soap, but has seemingly confirmed her casting by retweeting supportive fan messages.

Hollyoaks will mark Healey's return to acting, having ended her 11-month stint as bubbly barista Honey Wright in Casualty last September.

Healey is perhaps best known for playing Janeece Bryant for six years, ending in 2012.

The actress has had success in the reality TV arena as well, finishing as runner-up to McFly's Harry Judd in Strictly Come Dancing.

Earlier this week, Warren Fox's dark secret was revealed on Hollyoaks... and it's heartbreaking.

Digital Spy

We've known for a while that Chelsee Healey is joining Hollyoaks – but now it's been confirmed that she'll be playing Goldie McQueen.

Rumours that the former Waterloo Road and Casualty actress was working on the Channel 4 soap were first sparked earlier this month when she was seen rehearsing her lines on set.

And it's now been revealed that Chelsee is part of the ever-extending McQueen family, and will arrive in the village alongside her 15-year old twin sons – Prince and Hunter.

Goldie will turn up in the village this autumn in search of her 'posh' and distant relatives Myra, Mercedes and John Paul, who are less than thrilled by her arrival.

"Tough, gobby and absolutely shameless, Goldie will never back down in a fight and she's always game for a good old-fashioned McQueen scam to make some fast cash," a Hollyoaks spokesperson said.

"Goldie's come to Hollyoaks in the hope of mooching off the family she's scarcely had anything to do with. But one thing she cares more about than making easy money is her twins, Prince and Hunter, who she had in her teens.

"She'd go to the ends of the earth for her lads and will defend them like a lioness."

Chelsee said: "I am absolutely thrilled to join Hollyoaks. I've grown up watching it so to be in it is unbelievable. It was an irresistible opportunity, especially to play this character.

"I can't believe I am playing a mum, but the boys are so fantastic to work with and we are all delighted by our new family unit.

"Less delighted are the current McQueens who are most put out by our arrival! I'm most excited by her wardrobe, which is a bit like mine in my younger days!"

Goldie McQueen with Hunter and Prince in Hollyoaks
    © Lime Pictures
    Malique Thompson-Dwyer has been cast in the role of "cocky and swaggering" Prince, who has "confidence in spades and more front than Blackpool".

Prince has a rebellious and adventurous spirit which makes him live in the moment, but he's got problems with listening to authority – a trait that seems to run in the McQueen family!

And Theo Graham will play the more sensitive twin, Hunter – who's creative and free spirited.

Hunter fancies himself as a graffiti artist and tries his best to stay out of any serious trouble – but that's more easier said than done with a brother like Prince.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

lizann (26-07-2016), tammyy2j (26-07-2016)

A posh McQueen

playing a mum to 15 year old twins, really impressive casting is that, inspired

Quote Originally Posted by lizann View Post
    playing a mum to 15 year old twins, really impressive casting is that, inspired
    Especially as the actress is 27 years old according to wiki

Is Waterloo Road's Chelsee Healey too young to be playing Hollyoaks' newest McQueen family member Goldie?

Some fans certainly rushed to say so when it was revealed that 28-year-old Chelsee would be playing the mother of 15-year-old twins - but now she's had her say in a red carpet chat with Digital Spy.

Speaking to us at the 2016 Inside Soap Awards, Chelsee laughed: "Do you know what? I'm 28 and in the show I'm 28/29. So I'm living up to that age. She had them when she was 13 and that's possible.

"But they do look older than me and I'm looking up to them when I'm filming, which is hilarious! But it is what it is."

You can hit play above to see Chelsee spill all the gossip on Goldie's arrival, revealing how the McQueens react to her.

Goldie McQueen with Prince and Hunter in Hollyoaks
    © Lime Pictures

She also explains whether Goldie is a good mum or not - and what Hollyoaks fans can expect from the gobby character. (Fireworks, of course!)

Our video also sees Cleo McQueen star Nadine Mulkerrin react to the big news of Chelsee's casting. Did you know that they've actually worked together before Hollyoaks?

Show bosses announced Chelsee's casting in July, confirming that Goldie will be turning up alongside her twin sons Prince and Hunter.

"Tough, gobby and absolutely shameless, Goldie will never back down in a fight and she's always game for a good old-fashioned McQueen scam to make some fast cash," a Hollyoaks spokesperson said at the time.

Digital Spy

Thread Information