Thread: Red Rock

Exclamation Red Rock

Acclaimed Irish soap Red Rock will make its UK debut on BBC One later this month, it's been confirmed.

Official schedules have revealed that the police drama will launch in a 1.45pm slot on BBC One on Monday, July 11, taking the space usually occupied by Doctors.

Red Rock will air each weekday in a 40-minute slot and run for eight weeks.

A BBC spokesperson told Digital Spy that the soap will shift to BBC Two during the Olympics in August, although exact schedule details have yet to be confirmed.

Katie and David in Red Rock
    © TV3
    The BBC has picked up the first series of Red Rock, which launched on TV3 in Ireland to much praise last year. The series consists of 80 episodes, which have been merged into forty 40-minute episodes for UK audiences.

Red Rock centres around a busy Garda station in a fictional seaside town in Dublin, charting the lives and dramas of the local community through the eyes of those who police it.

Doctors, which usually airs in the 1.45pm slot on BBC One, is on a transmission break until the autumn.

Digital Spy

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (01-07-2016)

https://youtu.be/ov02EC1aa1I

British audiences are getting their first glimpse of award-winning Irish soap Red Rock, with the release of this dramatic new trailer.

Red Rock is launching on BBC One next week and the channel has started its advertising campaign by promising some high drama.

Centred around a busy Garda station in a fictional seaside town in Dublin, Red Rock charts the lives of the local community through the eyes of those who police it.

Two local families, the Kielys and the Hennessys, will also take centre stage as a long-dormant feud between them is brutally reignited.

The cast of BBC One's new Irish soap Red Rock
    © BBC Company Pictures for TV3 with all3media International

Red Rock launched on TV3 in Ireland last year to widespread acclaim and will now air in a daytime slot on BBC One from next week.

The show will also shift to BBC Two during the Olympics in August, although exact scheduling details for this have yet to be confirmed.

Dan McGolpin, Controller of BBC Daytime, commented: "Daytime viewers are in for a treat with Red Rock. It's a compelling new police drama set in Ireland with plenty of twists and turns."

Red Rock launches on Monday, July 11 at 1.45pm on BBC One.4

Digital Spy

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (06-07-2016)

Maybe this'll help fill in the gap in my TV schedule left by EE. I'll have to try and remember to set my box to record it.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Dazzle For This Useful Post:

Perdita (06-07-2016)

Quote Originally Posted by Dazzle View Post
    Maybe this'll help fill in the gap in my TV schedule left by EE. I'll have to try and remember to set my box to record it.
    I have watched this and have throughly enjoyed it. They are already on Series 2 in Ireland.

Its a good replacement for The Bill
    Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to alan45 For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (09-07-2016), Wolves (18-07-2016)

Quote Originally Posted by Dazzle View Post
    I have watched this and have throughly enjoyed it. They are already on Series 2 in Ireland.

Its a good replacement for The Bill
    Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe

10. The Following User Says Thank You to alan45 For This Useful Post:

lizann (08-07-2016)

like alan have watched too and recommend

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to lizann For This Useful Post:

alan45 (08-07-2016), Dazzle (09-07-2016), Wolves (18-07-2016)

Wolves is offline Biggest Telly Addict 2016
    I too am loving Red Rock. I think it is brilliant and so glad the BBC have decided to show it.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Wolves For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (28-07-2016)

Thread Information