Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 11th July to 15th July spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by meagan82 View Post
    agree I just can't feel it. I thought I was the only one!
    It's definitely not just you (or us). I've seen plenty of other fans complaining about it being distasteful on other sites.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dazzle For This Useful Post:

meagan82 (05-07-2016), rajett (05-07-2016)

Quote Originally Posted by Dazzle View Post
    It's definitely not just you (or us). I've seen plenty of other fans complaining about it being distasteful on other sites.
    Me too.
    It's even weirder considering that he's also 'dated' both of her sisters as well.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to rajett For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (05-07-2016)

Me too.
    It's even weirder considering that he's also 'dated' both of her sisters as well.

Quote Originally Posted by rajett View Post
    Me too.
    Definitely!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Dazzle For This Useful Post:

meagan82 (05-07-2016)

Piper is as bad as Paige at the moment .... coming over so desperate .... awful to watch. And with man mad Xantheeeeeee, not giving a very good image of young women in the programme at the moment.

I really don't like the fact that Piper did a video for Tyler, especially after the Ben story with his girlfriend. I don't think Tyler is the sort to use it to Pipers disadvantage .... but once its out there .... its so easy to loose control of it.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to indigodance For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (05-07-2016), jennifer27 (05-07-2016)

Quote Originally Posted by indigodance View Post
    Piper is as bad as Paige at the moment .... coming over so desperate .... awful to watch. And with man mad Xantheeeeeee, not giving a very good image of young women in the programme at the moment.
    I agree about Paige. Her attitude to John is incredibly selfish. She said she'd wait for him, but started pressuring him again the very next episode!

Xanthe I find very endearing and I think the man chasing is more about her lack of self-esteem than anything else (though she genuinely likes Ben of course).

As for Piper, Tyler is the one who's coming off badly in my opinion. OK, he's trying to slow things down and get her parents' permission, but what he should be doing is not even contemplating having a sexual relationship with a schoolgirl.

As I've said previously, I don't like the way the story is being written with Piper on the surface being the aggressor and Tyler the one who's doing the right thing. If you examine the storyline more closely, it's him to blame for allowing things to progress so far. He's older and knows full well why the relationship would be frowned upon, while she's immature and totally inexperienced in adult relationships.

Quote Originally Posted by indigodance View Post
    I really don't like the fact that Piper did a video for Tyler, especially after the Ben story with his girlfriend. I don't think Tyler is the sort to use it to Pipers disadvantage .... but once its out there .... its so easy to loose control of it.
    I so agree with you about the video and was very surprised she did it after what she said to Xanthe. It's very inconsistent writing.
    Last edited by Dazzle; 05-07-2016 at 20:39.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Dazzle For This Useful Post:

Pantherboy (06-07-2016)

Ughh...I'm really not enjoying watching a 24/25 year old man and a sixteen year old girl all over each other.
    I'm not sure Tyler is as old as that... I thought he was more Paige's age which is around 21/22.
    I agree though, I dislike the story line and wish they would bring in someone more age appropriate for both Tyler and Piper. it feels like they are just trying to get characters together for the sake of it as there isn't really many couples together right now so they're probably thinking.

Plus, there isn't really anyone around Tyler's age on the show apart from Paige now that Nate and Ned has left... Seems like he's got no friends so they're putting him with Piper and Ben (I like his friendship with Ben though, very sibling like).

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Carrieb4 For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (06-07-2016)

Quote Originally Posted by Carrieb4 View Post
    I'm not sure Tyler is as old as that... I thought he was more Paige's age which is around 21/22.
    From: http://neighbours-soap-opera.wikia.c.../Tyler_Brennan

Travis Burns confirmed in a Q&A with Neighbours Official Facebook page that him & his character Tyler are the same age. Both Travis & Tyler were born in 1991, making them 24. Scroll down on the link below to find his answer. Travis & Tyler turned 25 in 2016.
    I've looked at the Q&A and Travis did indeed confirm he and Tyler are the same age. Also, he has a tattoo that refers to his birth year (1991) that was clearly shown a few episodes ago. It would be covered up if Tyler was born later.
    Last edited by Dazzle; 06-07-2016 at 18:09.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Dazzle For This Useful Post:

Carrieb4 (07-07-2016)

I don't have a problem with Piper and Tyler. They seem well suited, and he's much better for her than her previous boyfriend. I know she's still at school, but the age gap isn't that much.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Ruffed_lemur For This Useful Post:

lizann (06-07-2016)

I don't have a problem with the age gap. In fact, when I was nineteen I had a relationship with a man eight years older than myself. My daughter has been seeing a man with an even bigger age gap between them for some years. I've never been bothered by it, but the difference is we were both adults when the relationships started.

I like Tyler (well I used to anyway) but I think he has very little in common with Piper and his judgment has proved to be questionable at best. I doubt their relationship would last - at least not in the real world.

Saying all that, Therese and Brad are in a very tricky position because banning them from seeing each other is likely to exacerbate the problem. I think I'd just ban them from sleeping together until she's seventeen if I was them. Of course it's easy to be objective when you're not emotionally involved!
    Last edited by Dazzle; 06-07-2016 at 23:31.

Thread Information