Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Vinny (Ian Kelsey)

Vinny (Ian Kelsey)

Coronation Street has announced that Ian Kelsey is joining the cast as dodgy businessman Vinny.

The former Emmerdale and Casualty star's character is an old associate of villainous Pat Phelan, and he will be drawn to Weatherfield to help the troublemaker with his latest scheme.

With Jason soon to depart, Phelan's wishes will be granted as he's left to look after the builder's business interests. However, it soon becomes apparent that Phelan has some big plans of his own and will turn to property developer Vinny for support.

It remains to be seen what exactly the scheming pair will get up to, but the show's bosses have teased that it could certainly spell trouble for Coronation Street's residents.

Kelsey started filming today (Friday June 17) and will be on screen from August.

He is best known for playing Dave Glover in Emmerdale and Patrick Spiller in Casualty, but has also appeared in Doctors and Blue Murder.

Digital Spy

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (17-06-2016), tammyy2j (17-06-2016)

There goes another former heart- throb of mine being a bad guy

Digvital Spy
    Last edited by Perdita; 17-06-2016 at 17:22.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (17-06-2016), swmc66 (17-06-2016)

I'm looking forward to seeing Ian Kelsey in Corrie. I used to have such a crush on him when he starred in Casualty, but I haven't seen any of his later roles. I don't think I'll mind him playing a villain...

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Dazzle For This Useful Post:

swmc66 (17-06-2016)

Quote Originally Posted by Dazzle View Post
    I'm looking forward to seeing Ian Kelsey in Corrie. I used to have such a crush on him when he starred in Casualty, but I haven't seen any of his later roles. I don't think I'll mind him playing a villain...
    I am sure I am older than you so I would have seen him first so hands AND thoughts oFF
    Last edited by Perdita; 17-06-2016 at 17:55.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (17-06-2016), swmc66 (17-06-2016)

Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post
    I am sure I am older than you so I would have seen him first so hands AND thoughts oFF
    Just for you I'll keep my hands to myself, but I'm afraid my mind is rather harder to control...

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Dazzle For This Useful Post:

swmc66 (17-06-2016)

Quote Originally Posted by Dazzle View Post
    Just for you I'll keep my hands to myself, but I'm afraid my mind is rather harder to control...
    hmmmm ok Who am I to tell you what and about who to think especially when I so admire your taste

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (17-06-2016)

he was a hoot in doctors great comedic timing

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lizann For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (17-06-2016), tammyy2j (17-06-2016)

Is Phelan still around after Jason's exits, will he set Jason up for Callum's murder a co conspirator with deceased Tony

I like Ian, good actor

I wonder will he have scenes with Erica
    Last edited by tammyy2j; 19-06-2016 at 23:46.

All of this time we have been thinking that Pat Phelan was the most sinister thing to happen to Coronation Street but could mysterious Vinny actually turn out to be worse? As even Phelan becomes shocked by his intentions, it certainly seems so – and he could even be capable of murder.
    Ian Kelsey has slunk onto the cobbles as a supposed accessory to Phelan’s villainy but in surprising developments, perhaps even Phelan is nothing compared to what Vinny could do to the residents of Weatherfield.
    As Todd makes his intentions to find evidence to give to the police clear, Vinny warns Phelan that he is not prepared to let ANYTHING jeopardise the scam as he is in some serious debt to some very shady characters.
    Later, Phelan makes a discovery among Vinny’s belongings that leave him reeling over the lengths he is prepared to go to in order to silence Todd. Is Phelan about to regret uniting with his murky friend as things threaten to spiral out of control?
    This is just the first sign of more to come that we should be particularly worried about Vinny…

metro.co.uk

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (13-09-2016), parkerman (14-09-2016), tammyy2j (14-09-2016)

Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post
    All of this time we have been thinking that Pat Phelan was the most sinister thing to happen to Coronation Street but could mysterious Vinny actually turn out to be worse? As even Phelan becomes shocked by his intentions, it certainly seems so – and he could even be capable of murder.
    Sounds very intriguing.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Dazzle For This Useful Post:

Perdita (13-09-2016)

Thread Information