Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ryan (Duncan James)

Ryan (Duncan James)

Blue star Duncan James is swapping music for television, joining the cast of Hollyoaks.

The singer will play Ryan, a new character who moves into the village with his family, on the Channel 4 soap.

Duncan has starred in West End productions of Chicago and Legally Blonde after making his name with Blue. He's also appeared in Grease: The School Musical.

tely thrilled to be joining the Hollyoaks team!" he said. "I'm looking forward to working with the fantastic on- and off-screen talent on the show and bringing the character of Ryan to life."

A Hollyoaks spokesperson added: "Ryan is a good guy in a committed relationship who will move into the village. He is a grounded family man with principles and integrity but who will fight tooth and nail for what he believes in."

James formed Blue in 2000 with Antony Costa, Lee Ryan and Simon Webbe, and released their fifth album Colours in 2015.

Digital Spy

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

tammyy2j (23-05-2016)

Ryan is a good guy in a committed relationship - give it a few weeks that will soon change

http://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/holl...knight-gossip/

Hollyoaks newcomer Duncan James has shared some big new gossip with Digital Spy, revealing that his character Ryan Knight will be a new policeman for the show.

The Blue singer spoke to us about all things Ryan on the red carpet at the British Soap Awards 2016, explaining that the new arrival will be a plain clothes officer for the Criminal Investigation Department.

Hit play above to see Duncan's teasers in our big chat from the red carpet.

Hollyoaks bosses announced Duncan's casting last weekend and Digital Spy later exclusively revealed that Ryan would be the partner of fan favourite Amy Barnes, who's now returning on a permanent basis.

Our red carpet interview also sees Duncan speak about what his new acting project means for Blue and how he feels about making the transition from the pop world to Soapland.

We also couldn't resist asking Kieron Richardson, who plays Ste Hay, about fans already speculating that his character could have an affair with Ryan - so don't miss our chat to find out what he had to say...
    Last edited by Perdita; 29-05-2016 at 07:18.

Blue singer and new Hollyoaks star Duncan James has undergone emergency surgery.

Yesterday afternoon (June 9), he was admitted to Charing Cross Hospital after suffering from a prolapsed herniated disc in his back, and is now recovering well.

His rep, Paul Baylay, shared a photo of the star in hospital with an update: "Back on the road to recovery & doing well. @MrDuncanJames sends his love & thanks to everyone for the support."

View image on Twitter
    View image on Twitter
    Follow
    Paul DH Baylay @paulbaylay
    Back on the road to recovery & doing well. @MrDuncanJames sends his love & thanks to everyone for the support.
    1:17 PM - 10 Jun 2016
    39 39 Retweets 108 108 likes

James has been appearing as Tick in Priscilla Queen of the Desert: The Musical over the past two weeks at the Bristol Hippodrome.

According to a statement on the show's Facebook page, he will be unable to return to the role for the rest of the show's run, as a result of the time needed for him to "fully recover from his operation".

Last month, James joined the cast of Hollyoaks and as Digital Spy exclusively revealed, Ashley Slanina-Davies is returning to the Channel 4 soap as his girlfriend, Amy Barnes.

Digital Spy

Get well soon Duncan

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

tammyy2j (12-06-2016)

Hollyoaks bosses have an explosive first storyline lined up for Duncan James, as his character Ryan Knight finds himself under suspicion of child abuse.

The Blue singer makes his debut on the Channel 4 soap later this week, when he's introduced as the hunky boyfriend of returnee Amy Barnes.

To nobody's surprise, Hollyoaks' big-name new signing won't be entering the show quietly. First of all he's attacked by Amy's ex-boyfriend Ste (Kieron Richardson), who spots the 'stranger' playing with his daughter Leah and punches him on the spot.

Ste is left kicking himself once he realises who Ryan really is, but only until he notices a bruise on Leah's arm and starts to suspect that Ryan could be responsible.

When Ste asks Leah whether Ryan did it and she doesn't deny it, he's left in turmoil over how best to handle the situation and confides in his half-sister Tegan Lomax.

Ste later makes a big decision on what to do next, but does he have it all wrong? We've been led to believe that Ryan is actually a nice guy, so we suspect there could be more to this story...

Hollyoaks announced that Duncan would be joining the show as Amy's partner in May, sparking a big storyline which will see the couple go head-to-head with Ste and his boyfriend Harry Thompson over parenting.

Billed as "professional, stable, aspirational" and the "polar opposite" of troubled Ste, detective Ryan will take on a new job in the Hollyoaks police force - allowing him to put down some roots in the village.

If Ste's suspicions about Ryan do turn out to be wrong, they won't exactly be getting off on the right foot - so we're bracing ourselves for some big battles to come...

Digital Spy

Talking in a recent interview, Duncan James joked: “Me and Kieron always laugh, we’re always saying we hate each other now but we’ll probably end up getting together in some twisted gay storyline somewhere down the line.

“You never know with Hollyoaks, more crazy things have happened! Me and Kieron do laugh at that, can you imagine? We hate each other but this time next year we could be in bed together! It’d be funny.”

“I don’t like being horrible to Ste,” Duncan added. “I know it’s not Duncan being horrible to Kieron, it’s Ryan being horrible to Ste. I keep doing horrible things and I’m like, ‘I’m sorry Kieron!’

“I find it hard. I get on with him really, really well.”

Talking in a recent interview, Duncan James joked: “Me and Kieron always laugh, we’re always saying we hate each other now but we’ll probably end up getting together in some twisted gay storyline somewhere down the line.

“You never know with Hollyoaks, more crazy things have happened! Me and Kieron do laugh at that, can you imagine? We hate each other but this time next year we could be in bed together! It’d be funny.”

“I don’t like being horrible to Ste,” Duncan added. “I know it’s not Duncan being horrible to Kieron, it’s Ryan being horrible to Ste. I keep doing horrible things and I’m like, ‘I’m sorry Kieron!’

“I find it hard. I get on with him really, really well.”

kinda wish he went off to canada to his new security job, awful actor

his acting is getting so worse and really how can he think he keeps amy's kids over amy's parents

his k was kyle and his acting getting worse

Thread Information