Page 128 of 701 FirstFirst ... 2878118126127128129130138178228628 ... LastLast
Results 1,271 to 1,280 of 7004

Thread: Eastender current episode discussion IV

Quote Originally Posted by Ruffed_lemur View Post
    I thought that Martin was going to be crippled after that. Even when he was stood up, I thought he'd collapse. Whitney sat up to kiss Mick, so she seems okay too.
    Unless Martins going to have kidney trouble.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kaz21 For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (28-01-2017), Ruffed_lemur (28-01-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by Ruffed_lemur View Post
    I thought that Martin was going to be crippled after that. Even when he was stood up, I thought he'd collapse. Whitney sat up to kiss Mick, so she seems okay too.
    Unless Martins going to have kidney trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by Glen1 View Post
    I just hope the new EE set keeps the market in place ,it would destroy the very essence of the programme to finish it.
    There's been criticism for years that Walford has stood still since the 80s and is now nothing like the modern East End of London. Speculation is therefore rife now that this storyline, along with the new set, is being used as an opportunity to bring the area up-to-date. I think this sounds very feasible given the little we know at the moment.

As you say though Glen, if that's what's intended it's going to be a fine balancing act to make big changes while keeping the same feel, so I find it hard to believe Max and his mentor's schemes will be a great success. If Walford goes significantly upmarket, none of the poorer residents will be able to afford to live there!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Dazzle For This Useful Post:

Glen1 (30-01-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by parkerman View Post
    So, here we go, Max is going to become a villain, while Ian and Jane continue on their merry way....
    i wish i had dazzle's faith in soc of not turning max into the villain to save ian and jane, he deserves his vengeance which if it is taking apart and destroying walford he will be the villain, his brother jack has properties there and is he the reason dot has lost her job with launderette closed

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to lizann For This Useful Post:

Glen1 (30-01-2017), parkerman (28-01-2017), tammyy2j (31-01-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by Dazzle View Post
    There's been criticism for years that Walford has stood still since the 80s and is now nothing like the modern East End of London. Speculation is therefore rife now that this storyline, along with the new set, is being used as an opportunity to bring the area up-to-date. I think this sounds very feasible given the little we know at the moment.

As you say though Glen, if that's what's intended it's going to be a fine balancing act to make big changes while keeping the same feel, so I find it hard to believe Max and his mentor's schemes will be a great success. If Walford goes significantly upmarket, none of the poorer residents will be able to afford to live there!

If it's anything like the market street where I used to live in Hackney, all the stalls will be turned into trendy upmarket food stalls selling camomile and herbal tea or caffeine-free lattes with seaweed paninis and coconut and lemongrass rednang.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to parkerman For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (28-01-2017), Glen1 (30-01-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by lizann View Post
    i wish i had dazzle's faith in soc of not turning max into the villain to save ian and jane, he deserves his vengeance which if it is taking apart and destroying walford he will be the villain, his brother jack has properties there and is he the reason dot has lost her job with launderette closed
    I didn't actually say Max wouldn't be a villain! I said that knowing why he's the way he is it's still possible to have sympathy for him. You yourself say he deserves his vengeance and just about all online discussions I've read about this agree. That's sympathy, and the one short scene of him self-harming has bought him lots of it. We also have no idea how far he'll take it before he comes to his senses.

In my favourite ever drama, The Sopranos, the main character did some truly evil deeds and sometimes to characters we'd grown to love, and yet it was hard to completely hate him because we had such deep insight into his tortured psyche. In fact he was sometimes even sympathetic. I don't expect EE to ever reach those dizzy dramatic heights but then I think it's unlikely Max will descend to Tony Soprano level of villainy either.

I actually feel more warmth towards Max now than I may ever have because he's been treated so unfairly. He's never been a nice character after all (remember Lauren trying to kill him by running him over, Tanya burying him alive, and Abi having no trouble believing he murdered Lucy?). One of the reasons I've never hated Ian and Jane as much as some of you is because Max knew about Kat and Janine's plot for Kat to lie in court to blame Alice for murdering Michael so that Janine would change her story about the stabbing to get Stacey off the hook (in other words he was involved in doing to his own niece almost exactly what was done to him).

It'll be interesting to see how I feel about him in a few months' time. That'll all depend on the level of acting and writing...

(And yes, I do think he was likely involved in the launderette closing.)
    Last edited by Dazzle; 29-01-2017 at 02:34.

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dazzle For This Useful Post:

Glen1 (30-01-2017), lizann (29-01-2017), tammyy2j (31-01-2017)

i need your faith in soc dazzle for max's storyline

i just think maybe everyone in ee wants to forget lucy's murder and max imprisonment as they don't want ian jane and phil in jail

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to lizann For This Useful Post:

Glen1 (30-01-2017), parkerman (29-01-2017), tammyy2j (31-01-2017)

i just think maybe everyone in ee wants to forget lucy's murder and max imprisonment as they don't want ian jane and phil in jail

Quote Originally Posted by lizann View Post

I believe we're long past the point of them being jailed anyway which is the only ending that would have satisfied you I think.

I wouldn't say I have faith in SOC because it's still early days for him as EE producer (plus I've been burnt before by DTC). But I do like his style in general so far, and think he's made Max into a far more intriguing character than he used to be. Since I had no particularly strong feelings about Max's false imprisonment then I'm easier to please with regards to what happens next with the character, and am really looking forward to this storyline playing out without being too worried about the fates of Ian, Jane etc.
    Last edited by Dazzle; 29-01-2017 at 17:31.

i would like jail, a working fair justice system but is that perhaps an oxymoron , dtc left soc in a tight spot wrapping up the lucy storyline satisfying

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to lizann For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (29-01-2017), kaz21 (29-01-2017), tammyy2j (31-01-2017)

Thread Information