Page 10 of 701 FirstFirst ... 891011122060110510 ... LastLast

Thread: Eastender current episode discussion IV

Quote Originally Posted by Dazzle View Post
    That's true, I'd forgotten about that. However, I still want to give him the benefit of the doubt because I think it's possible he'd want to stop rumours spread until he'd spoken to Ian, but that doesn't necessarily mean he'd go along with the cover up.

They've sabotaged plenty of other characters for this storyline of course, but I like to think DTC would stop at doing so to the characters he based on his parents.
    mick knows bobby is guilty ian's silence and trying to run off with him gave it away plus lee was taken in and questioned about lucy's death

mick owes ian nothing, stacey at least believed linda over dean and helped her

ian or jane did nothing for mick and linda during that time

mick could have thrown ben out and told him to stop but did nothing instead just told denny to shut up

dtc ruining so many characters for the bobby killer storyline only saving part of it is bobby himself

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to lizann For This Useful Post:

flappinfanny (26-05-2016), parkerman (25-05-2016), Rear window (26-05-2016), tammyy2j (26-05-2016)

That's true, I'd forgotten about that. However, I still want to give him the benefit of the doubt because I think it's possible he'd want to stop rumours spread until he'd spoken to Ian, but that doesn't necessarily mean he'd go along with the cover up.

They've sabotaged plenty of other characters for this storyline of course, but I like to think DTC would stop at doing so to the characters he based on his parents.
    mick knows bobby is guilty ian's silence and trying to run off with him gave it away plus lee was taken in and questioned about lucy's death

mick could have thrown ben out and told him to stop but did nothing instead just told denny to shut up

dtc ruining so many characters for the bobby killer storyline only saving part of it is bobby himself

Another good point lizann makes is that Mick didn't step in when Ben threatened Stacey - and neither did anyone else for that matter. I thought that was wrong at the time, although considering no one helped the half naked Abi when Ben dragged her up on stage, I shouldn't really be surprised. Perhaps the writers consider that to be acceptable behaviour?

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dazzle For This Useful Post:

Rear window (26-05-2016), tammyy2j (26-05-2016)

Quote Originally Posted by lizann View Post

I agree with a lot of what you say, but I'll repeat myself and point out they've only known about Bobby killing Lucy for a very short time, so I think it's hard to extrapolate from that what they'd do long term.

I hope they wouldn't become part of a cover up because they're written as decent characters and it would spoil them for me. Everyone else involved either desperately loves Bobby (or Ian in Sharon's case), was intimidated into it, or has long forgotten what morals are. I can see how the writers justified it to themselves (although I find the whole cover up ludicrous), but I can't see how they could for Mick and Linda. Perhaps it's just me...
    Last edited by Dazzle; 25-05-2016 at 21:58.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Dazzle For This Useful Post:

parkerman (25-05-2016)

I agree with a lot of what you say, but I'll repeat myself and point out they've only known about Bobby killing Lucy for a very short time, so I think it's hard to extrapolate from that what they'd do long term. I hope they wouldn't become part of a cover up because they're written as decent characters and it would spoil them for me.
    you could be right daz but i am disgusted with mick for shutting denny up and not throwing ben out, i know max wasn't popular for his relationships with young girls

also is shirley all good with ben now? she didn't even try and stop him with stacey knowing what he did to heather

i think we might see linda ask sharon

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to lizann For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (25-05-2016), flappinfanny (26-05-2016), parkerman (25-05-2016), tammyy2j (26-05-2016)

I agree with a lot of what you say, but I'll repeat myself and point out they've only known about Bobby killing Lucy for a very short time, so I think it's hard to extrapolate from that what they'd do long term. I hope they wouldn't become part of a cover up because they're written as decent characters and it would spoil them for me.
    you could be right daz but i am disgusted with mick for shutting denny up and not throwing ben out, i know max wasn't popular for his relationships with young girls

also is shirley all good with ben now? she didn't even try and stop him with stacey knowing what he did to heather

Quote Originally Posted by lizann View Post
    I hope so. I'd like to see that conversation. Linda knows how it feels to be denied justice so I really hope she's disgusted with Sharon and the rest of them.

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Dazzle For This Useful Post:

flappinfanny (26-05-2016), lizann (25-05-2016), parkerman (25-05-2016), Rear window (26-05-2016), tammyy2j (26-05-2016)

abi should go even darker and get revenge for max on beales and mitchells

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to lizann For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (25-05-2016), flappinfanny (26-05-2016), Rear window (26-05-2016), tammyy2j (26-05-2016)

A really good dark episode. Letitia Dean just gets better and better. I have no sympathy for Ian. It would serve him right if Jane croaked it. I thought Stacey was great tonight. Can't wait for Abi getting whats coming to her.

Keeble is back. We just need Marsden back and my life is complete. Walford's very own Cagney and Lacey.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to flappinfanny For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (26-05-2016), parkerman (26-05-2016)

Quote Originally Posted by flappinfanny View Post
    A really good dark episode. Letitia Dean just gets better and better. I have no sympathy for Ian. It would serve him right if Jane croaked it. I thought Stacey was great tonight. Can't wait for Abi getting whats coming to her.

Keeble is back. We just need Marsden back and my life is complete. Walford's very own Cagney and Lacey.
    why abi as does she still think max is guilty, sharon disappointed me as in beale house she wanted bobby caught but then changed in police station

Thread Information