Page 55 of 701 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765105155555 ... LastLast

Thread: Eastender current episode discussion IV

I love Shirley's new hair do, the unwashed look.

Mind you I would still take Shirl over Kaffey anyday. Shirley might bite and you may get rabies but at least she has a personality. Kaffey's like one of those limp wet lettuces on Martin's stall.
    The People's Channel

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to flappinfanny For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (20-08-2016), Splashy (21-08-2016)

Quote Originally Posted by storyseeker1 View Post
    This is just so stupid! I mean, I get that the studio wanted to make a point that not all rapists are successfully convicted, but we already went through this the first time when Dean got arrested for Linda's rape but was never convicted.

But for christ's sake! Dean attacked and tried to drown Shirley, he ran away from police, he had already been accused of Linda's rape, and had been in prison before... What more could the courts want??? You can't honestly tell me that if something like that happened in real life, then the courts would just let him go?!
    he was only on trial for roxy i believe, did mick or shirley tell police about what happened at wedding

Quote Originally Posted by lizann View Post
    he was only on trial for roxy i believe, did mick or shirley tell police about what happened at wedding
    No. Just remembered; Shirley didn't say Dean tried to kill her. They did that because Shirley was still harbouring feelings of guilt, and because Dean would suffer more in prison if he was in just for rape. Apparently murderers, or at least attempted murderers, get more respect/fear in prison than rapists do.

So, the story so far....

No legal repercussions for Ian and Jane for perverting the course of justice and knowingly sending an innocent man to prison.

Dean's rape of Linda not enough evidence; attempted rape of Roxy found not guilty

Babe's blackmail of Pam and Les seemingly to go legally unpunished.

Proving that in Walford crime DOES pay.

I feel sorry for Winston living in such a lawless community with no legal redress.

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to parkerman For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (22-08-2016), flappinfanny (23-08-2016), lizann (22-08-2016), Perdita (22-08-2016), Splashy (22-08-2016), tammyy2j (23-08-2016)

Quote Originally Posted by parkerman View Post
    So, the story so far....

No legal repercussions for Ian and Jane for perverting the course of justice and knowingly sending an innocent man to prison.

Dean's rape of Linda not enough evidence; attempted rape of Roxy found not guilty

Babe's blackmail of Pam and Les seemingly to go legally unpunished.

Proving that in Walford crime DOES pay.

I feel sorry for Winston living in such a lawless community with no legal redress.
    You'll be glad to hear parkerman that I've read SOC strongly believes that soap characters' crimes shouldn't go unpunished. It's not long since he took over so EE is still using DTC's storylines at the moment, but hopefully SOC will have a different attitude to the characters' transgressions.

I too am fuming to hear Dean got off. Apparently Rape Crisis have praised the show for being realistic. I certainly respect their viewpoint as experts, and know from the experience of someone close to me that rapists rarely get their just desserts. However, it just feels all wrong somehow, and I can't help but think such a pessimistic end to the story will deter some victims from reporting their rapes who otherwise would have.

I've just remembered that Dean also committed other crimes, including attempted arson of the Vic and attempted murder of Shirley. If they wanted to keep to the "rapists usually go unpunished" narrative, couldn't he at least have been imprisoned for one of his other crimes? At least that would have made for a satisfying end for viewers.
    Last edited by Dazzle; 22-08-2016 at 11:52.

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Dazzle For This Useful Post:

flappinfanny (23-08-2016), lizann (22-08-2016), parkerman (22-08-2016), Perdita (22-08-2016), Splashy (22-08-2016), tammyy2j (23-08-2016)

The scenes with Jay and Billy were the best thing about the episode. I want to punch Shakil every time I see him. Linda Henry is just brilliant at comedy, her timing is bang on and her dead pan face just makes me smile. I thought Marky Mark was going to poop his pants.

Is Masood going to leave? I do hope so. I just love Sylvie, so brilliantly played by Linda Marlowe. I don't have a lot of time for Sonia, but even I feel sorry for her. Tina is taking the pee, useless and basically a leach. Sonia, you can do so much better, get rid.
    The People's Channel

10. The Following User Says Thank You to flappinfanny For This Useful Post:

Rice Christie (23-08-2016)

It is a shame the trial wasn't shown and an even bigger shame than Dean got off

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tammyy2j For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (23-08-2016), lizann (23-08-2016)

If Masood was leaving, I think it would be announced. Losing Shabs and Tam has left him in no man's land.

Buster and Kathy are pukeworthy.

Lol at Natalie trying to hide her bump.
    Last edited by Rice Christie; 23-08-2016 at 15:52.

If Masood was leaving, I think it would be announced. Losing Shabs and Tam has left him in no man's land.

Buster and Kathy are pukeworthy.

Lol at Natalie trying to hide her bump.
    Last edited by Rice Christie; 23-08-2016 at 15:51.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rice Christie For This Useful Post:

flappinfanny (25-08-2016), tammyy2j (25-08-2016)

Tina just winds me up more by the episode. A lazy scrounging Carter. Now DTC has left I wonder how much a part the Carters will play in EastEnders. I hope we get them in the background more, just serving drinks in the vic. They could actually get rid of Tina, that will be another Carter gone. For what Johnny has done, what was the point in bringing the character back? It comes to something when you want Kat and Alfie back running the Vic.
    The People's Channel

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to flappinfanny For This Useful Post:

lizann (25-08-2016), parkerman (25-08-2016), tammyy2j (25-08-2016)

Thread Information