Page 8 of 701 FirstFirst ... 6789101858108508 ... LastLast

Thread: Eastender current episode discussion IV

Quote Originally Posted by storyseeker1 View Post
    See. Told you. Every time when it looks like Bobby is about to get his comeuppance and everything is about to be concluded, something else happens and we all go right back to the beginning.
    That's not true this time though. Now Bobby's admitted the existence of the jewellery box, the police will be forced to investigate it (and police who have no agenda at that) and find forensic evidence. Even if forensics find nothing to tie Bobby to Lucy's death, his knowledge of it speaks volumes. It's all snowballing.

Now I realise some will say he'll still get off, but we know
    Spoiler:
    Max will be back soon so he's going to be exonerated one way or another, even if Bobby isn't convicted for Lucy's murder.
    Granted there will still be twists and turns, but I just don't see how Bobby's escaping justice this time. He certainly won't for Jane's attack. The only way would be for him to go on the run.

This is all different than before and feels like the beginning of the end to me, especially since we know
    Spoiler:
    Max's reappearance will be happening shortly.
    Last edited by Dazzle; 25-05-2016 at 02:43. Reason: spoiler tags added

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dazzle For This Useful Post:

Glen1 (25-05-2016), Rear window (25-05-2016), Splashy (25-05-2016), tammyy2j (25-05-2016)

Quote Originally Posted by Dazzle View Post
    That's not true this time though. Now Bobby's admitted the existence of the jewellery box, the police will be forced to investigate it (and police who have no agenda at that) and find forensic evidence. Even if forensics find nothing to tie Bobby to Lucy's death, his knowledge of it speaks volumes. It's all snowballing.

Now I realise some will say he'll still get off, but we know Max will be back soon so he's going to be exonerated one way or another, even if Bobby isn't convicted for Lucy's murder. Granted there will still be twists and turns, but I just don't see how Bobby's escaping justice this time. He certainly won't for Jane's attack. The only way would be for him to go on the run.

This is all different than before and feels like the beginning of the end to me, especially since we know Max's reappearance will be happening shortly.
    I hope so. God I hope so, as this story's gone on waaaay too long.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to storyseeker1 For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (25-05-2016), Glen1 (25-05-2016), tammyy2j (25-05-2016)

Quote Originally Posted by storyseeker1 View Post
    I hope so. God I hope so, as this story's gone on waaaay too long.
    Agreed, It has gone on faaaaaar toooo looong.

But we were reminded that he's now only 12, so only 11 (or maybe 10) when he killed Lucy.

It wasn't pre-meditated, and viewers have been led to believe he didn't really know he'd done it for some time. If it was one thump and she was dead .. then that's a fight between siblings that's just got a horrid ending. The cover up is the shocking thing. And the extent of it. Which I think we've all said by now half the square are complicit in the cover up.

But the attack on Jane was a vicious attack - by a 12 year old with untreated anger issues - he has to be punished.

I don't even believe they were talking about bail. He's just bludgeoned his mother nearly to death with a hockey stick!
    the police need to ask why he'd changed his clothes, take some statements from people in the pub and then look for this jewellery box.

He needs treatment for his anger and rage.

How sorry are we supposed to feel for Jane? Has she bought it on herself by having covered up Lucy's death?
    Stacey is probably the sanest person on the square at the moment!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Rear window For This Useful Post:

parkerman (25-05-2016)

Quote Originally Posted by Rear window View Post
    Agreed, It has gone on faaaaaar toooo looong.

But we were reminded that he's now only 12, so only 11 (or maybe 10) when he killed Lucy.

It wasn't pre-meditated, and viewers have been led to believe he didn't really know he'd done it for some time. If it was one thump and she was dead .. then that's a fight between siblings that's just got a horrid ending. The cover up is the shocking thing. And the extent of it. Which I think we've all said by now half the square are complicit in the cover up.

But the attack on Jane was a vicious attack - by a 12 year old with untreated anger issues - he has to be punished.

I don't even believe they were talking about bail. He's just bludgeoned his mother nearly to death with a hockey stick!
    the police need to ask why he'd changed his clothes, take some statements from people in the pub and then look for this jewellery box.

He needs treatment for his anger and rage.

How sorry are we supposed to feel for Jane? Has she bought it on herself by having covered up Lucy's death?
    Stacey is probably the sanest person on the square at the moment!
    Plus, if Bobby does have that IED, then there's a chance he may get off because technically speaking he can't be held responsible for having a mental condition that he never got treatment for. He would most likely be sentenced to a psychiatric place.

Tbh, I can't feel all that sorry for Jane or Ian. Like you said, she deluded herself into thinking nothing was wrong with Bobby when it was clear that there was something mentally wrong with him. She covered Lucy's death, got someone innocent convicted for her murder, and basically just kept spoiling him and not getting him treatment.

Ironic that the girl with bipolar and who recently spent time getting psychiatric treatment herself is now the sanest person in the square.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to storyseeker1 For This Useful Post:

parkerman (25-05-2016), Rear window (25-05-2016)

I think in some ways the attack on Lucy was worse than the one on Jane. She was sitting down writing a note at the time and hadn't been interacting with Bobby beforehand. In no way could it be said he was provoked or flew into an uncontrollable rage at the time he killed Lucy (I still don't think that's what happened with Jane either mind). No matter what he or Jane say about that night, it was a cold blooded attack and not just a fight between siblings.

I agree he'll probably end up in psychiatric care rather than juvie, although if his problem is psychopathy (and his eerie calmness since Jane's attack backs this up for me), there is no treatment. It's a personality type not a mental illness: the type of person who believes they have the right to hurt those that displease or anger them and who feel little to no remorse or empathy (which I think describes Bobby to a tee). Martin said Bobby's wired wrong, which I believe represents the writers feelings.

I know some of you have complained about the community's reaction to Bobby's announcement, but I find it one of the more believable aspects of this tale. Even Abi and Jack believe Max capable of Lucy's murder, so when a young boy who looks like butter wouldn't melt and who - to the best of their knowledge - has no history of behavioural problems coolly announces he killed his sister, why would they believe it to be him rather than the man they had no qualms accepting was a killer? They're obviously shocked about Jane but they don't know all the facts and probably believe it was an accident at the moment (as, confusingly, even Kathy still appears to believe ).

Mick and Linda have only just found out the truth. How they'll react when they've got over the shock will be interesting. I don't expect they'd keep quiet in the long run; I'd definitely find that unrealistic!

The worst part for me is that, despite admitting Bobby is not a good person, Ian (and the rest of the family) still want to protect Bobby. At least Sharon appears to me be be protecting herself and Phil rather than the demon child.
    Last edited by Dazzle; 25-05-2016 at 11:52.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dazzle For This Useful Post:

Glen1 (25-05-2016), parkerman (25-05-2016), Rear window (25-05-2016), tammyy2j (25-05-2016)

I wonder will Martin protect Bobby and lie to Stacey or tell her the truth, I hope he does tell Stacey, wasn't his dad Arthur wrongfully imprisoned which lead to his depression and suicide?

Jack is a ex copper, you would think he would be some what suspicious

I think Keeble and Bryant are so against Max over SummerHayes who went willing with him

Mick and Linda now know they can't stay quite, so many protecting Bobby is ludicrous

I think in some ways Bobby is relieved to be able to be honest

Elliot Carrington is doing a great job as Bobby
    Last edited by tammyy2j; 25-05-2016 at 13:27.

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to tammyy2j For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (25-05-2016), Glen1 (25-05-2016), lizann (25-05-2016), Rear window (25-05-2016)

Quote Originally Posted by tammyy2j View Post
    Jack is a ex copper, you would think he would be some what suspicious

I think Keeble and Bryant are so against Max over SummerHayes who went willing with him
    Not to mention the fact that Max is his own brother. You'd think he would have at least tried to find out the truth and confirm that his brother was guilty or not.

I can't remember. I know Lauren went to that one cop who wouldn't listen, and basically said that he wanted Max to be in jail to pay for his crime. That pretty much confirmed for me that he was more interested in locking up Max instead of getting the truth.

Mick and Linda now know they can't stay quite, so many protecting Bobby is ludicrous

I think in some ways Bobby is relieved to be able to be honest

Elliot Carrington is doing a great job as Bobby
    Do Mick and Linda know about Bobby? There's been so many that I've lost count.

I'm guessing that even Bobby must have finally realised that he has a problem when he attacked Jane, which is why he finally admitted the truth.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to storyseeker1 For This Useful Post:

Glen1 (25-05-2016), Rear window (25-05-2016), tammyy2j (25-05-2016)

How has Bobby still got the jewellery box or know where it is?

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tammyy2j For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (25-05-2016), Glen1 (25-05-2016)

How has Bobby still got the jewellery box or know where it is?
    This is perhaps the crucial bit to it all.

What did Ian and Jane hide under the floor for a while? Was that just Lucy's phone?

Quote Originally Posted by Rear window View Post
    This is perhaps the crucial bit to it all.

What did Ian and Jane hide under the floor for a while? Was that just Lucy's phone?
    Was it the phone that Jane hide and Jay buried her wallet in Square to protect Ben

Thread Information