Page 54 of 701 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664104154554 ... LastLast

Thread: Eastender current episode discussion IV

Quote Originally Posted by storyseeker1 View Post
    Looks like I spoke too soon. So much for justice! I hope Dean at least got hell during his time in prison.

I just don't get it though. Di Angelo has said that he has no plans to return to EE for now, so why the hell didn't they just let Dean stay in there and rot for the next few years???
    dean could be back for ronnie and roxy exits and his end storyline was changed by soc

Looks like I spoke too soon. So much for justice! I hope Dean at least got hell during his time in prison.

I just don't get it though. Di Angelo has said that he has no plans to return to EE for now, so why the hell didn't they just let Dean stay in there and rot for the next few years???
    dean could be back for ronnie and roxy exits and his end storyline was changed by soc

This is just so stupid! I mean, I get that the studio wanted to make a point that not all rapists are successfully convicted, but we already went through this the first time when Dean got arrested for Linda's rape but was never convicted.

But for christ's sake! Dean attacked and tried to drown Shirley, he ran away from police, he had already been accused of Linda's rape, and had been in prison before... What more could the courts want??? You can't honestly tell me that if something like that happened in real life, then the courts would just let him go?!

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to storyseeker1 For This Useful Post:

lizann (19-08-2016), Rear window (19-08-2016), Ruffed_lemur (19-08-2016)

dean must have had an ace defence team, who was paying them, they tore roxy and shirley to shreds on stand by sounds of it

Quote Originally Posted by kaz21 View Post
    Its a joke. Wouldn't be surprised if they lose a lot of viewers.

I doubt it? EastEnders have worked very closely with Rape Crisis. Obviously the wrong verdict for Dean but sadly this is too true to life which is very depressing.

I wonder if this may have a bearing in Kellie Bright's exit storyline from the show?
    The People's Channel

Quote Originally Posted by lizann View Post
    Possibly, but If what I read is true, Matt doesn't want to come back to the show.
    The People's Channel

I am not a fan of montagues in soaps, they only really work well in Hollyoaks, but I did think in this episode it was very cleverly done and it worked.

Strong performances from the women, it was well written, well acted and the tension built nicely through out. Nice mention of EastEnders past with Kathy and willmott Brown.
    The People's Channel

Isle of Widget.. well used to be more Southampton ish for now
    Quote Originally Posted by Glen1 View Post
    When Matt di Angelo left EE he reckoned the role of Dean had caused him to be emotionally drained and ill. So whether this made any difference to the current situation,? Agree would have been good to see him in court.
    I wish him well, no job is worth that kind of emotional damage...

Re Linda... alas she did everything wrong, but her role was sort of spot on for a victim in denial but it meant Dean never got a conviction so couldn't be seen as a bad person so the court were told he was of good character pre this alleged offence. The fact this whole sequence was never acted out makes it all a bit vague and inconclusive to the viewer, but then thats soaps.

Roxy ?

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Glen1 For This Useful Post:

flappinfanny (20-08-2016), Perdita (20-08-2016)

delete
    Last edited by flappinfanny; 20-08-2016 at 16:48. Reason: dupp post
    The People's Channel

Thread Information