Page 19 of 701 FirstFirst ... 917181920212969119519 ... LastLast

Thread: Eastender current episode discussion IV

Quote Originally Posted by parkerman View Post
    Why was everyone so shocked that Bobby was charged with unlawful killing?

As we can't rely on Eastenders to actually get it right, does anyone know what would happen in real life now re-Max? Lauren was talking about an appeal, but surely what happens next wouldn't rely on Max appealing. Wouldn't the police or the court itself now intervene to get Max freed? I don't know exactly what would happen now, can anyone help?
    I would imagine someone just admitting they did something wasn't enough. Else you'd commit murder, get locked up and then get a mate to say they did it instead.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Rear window For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (02-06-2016)

Quote Originally Posted by Rear window View Post
    I would imagine someone just admitting they did something wasn't enough. Else you'd commit murder, get locked up and then get a mate to say they did it instead.
    But that's obviously not the situation we are in here. The "mate" would have to convince the police he did it and would be investigated. I think the police are satisfied that Bobby did it, meaning they now think Max didn't do it.
    Last edited by parkerman; 31-05-2016 at 23:30.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to parkerman For This Useful Post:

lizann (01-06-2016), Splashy (01-06-2016), tammyy2j (01-06-2016)

But that's obviously not the situation we are in here. The \"mate\" would have to convince the police he did it and would be investigated. I think the police are satisfied that Bobby did it, meaning they now think Max didn't do it.
    A court has to make the decision to let Max go. Just as a court has to make the decision to convict Bobby.

The police find evidence, pass it to the CPS and then they decide whether to prosecute, but still a court has to agree with the evidence proving guilt, or accepting his confession. He could change his mind by the time it gets to court and then they ahve to weigh up whether he was lying on his confession or now, backed obviously by evidence.

He might be able to get compo too.
    https://www.gov.uk/claim-compensatio...age-of-justice

There's lots of info about appealing and form ng that you need.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Rear window For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (02-06-2016), lizann (01-06-2016), Splashy (01-06-2016)

Why was everyone so shocked that Bobby was charged with unlawful killing?

As we can't rely on Eastenders to actually get it right, does anyone know what would happen in real life now re-Max? Lauren was talking about an appeal, but surely what happens next wouldn't rely on Max appealing. Wouldn't the police or the court itself now intervene to get Max freed? I don't know exactly what would happen now, can anyone help?
    I was expecting Stacey and Lauren to go to the police station demanding his release but more likely Keeble and Bryant will try and keep Max inside as long as possible as they dont like him

Bryant could be in trouble for not taking Lauren's statement that Bobby was the real killer seriously, she should report him

I am still shocked no one on the Square is talking about innocent Max and his rant about Bobby being the killer when he was caught and Jane's lies at his court case etc., even Dot keeping quite
    Last edited by tammyy2j; 02-06-2016 at 10:30.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to tammyy2j For This Useful Post:

lizann (02-06-2016), parkerman (01-06-2016), Rear window (01-06-2016), Splashy (01-06-2016)

Quote Originally Posted by tammyy2j View Post
    I was expecting Stacey and Lauren to go to the police station demanding his release but more likely Keeble and Bryant will try and keep Max inside as long as possible as they dont like him
    I don't think they can. Rear Window's correct as far as I know that it's in the hands of the court now.

I remember when Corrie's Peter (who was wrongly imprisoned for Tina's murder) was released within a couple of days of Rob being charged. There was a lot of talk among fans then of how unrealistic it was and that Peter would have had to appeal in reality (and that it could take some time). That's about as far as my knowledge extends though.

Remember too that Max was sentenced to an extra year because of his escape. I don't think that would automatically be cancelled just because his conviction for murder was overturned.

I enjoyed Abi and Lauren's talk. Nice to see Abi was shocked and disbelieving of Lauren's deceit. She does care that her father was wrongly convicted. Lauren's excuses were very lame though.

Ian again up for father of the year with the way he manhandled Steven out of the house...

Quote Originally Posted by Dazzle View Post
    I don't think they can. Rear Window's correct as far as I know that it's in the hands of the court now.

I remember when Corrie's Peter (who was wrongly imprisoned for Tina's murder) was released within a couple of days of Rob being charged. There was a lot of talk among fans then of how unrealistic it was and that Peter would have had to appeal in reality (and that it could take some time). That's about as far as my knowledge extends though.

Remember too that Max was sentenced to an extra year because of his escape. I don't think that would automatically be cancelled just because his conviction for murder was overturned.

I enjoyed Abi and Lauren's talk. Nice to see Abi was shocked and disbelieving of Lauren's deceit. She does care that her father was wrongly convicted. Lauren's excuses were very lame though.

Ian again up for father of the year with the way he manhandled Steven out of the house...
    I'm not sure, but he has already served that year. Since he's innocent of the murder, he only has to serve the year for escaping, which he has already done since he's been in prison for nearly a year now or at least several months.

Quote Originally Posted by storyseeker1 View Post
    I'm not sure, but he has already served that year. Since he's innocent of the murder, he only has to serve the year for escaping, which he has already done since he's been in prison for nearly a year now or at least several months.
    Yes, I meant he might well have to serve out the rest of his time for the escape which could keep him in prison for a while longer yet.

Thank you all, it's been an interesting discussion on what happens now with Max.

When I first asked the question it was really in relation to Lauren and Abi saying they would see Max about an appeal (or something like that) as I thought it couldn't be right that the process has to wait for Max to appeal if the police are now convinced that Bobby committed the murder and that therefore Max is innocent.

Having looked into this a bit further, my understanding of what happens now is that the police contact the CPS, who will have to take the matter back to court as, quite rightly it is for the court to make the final decision. However, as this could take some time, as long as the CPS are 100% convinced by the police that Max didn't do it, he should be allowed out on bail, pending a final decision by the court. To do otherwise would be grossly unfair on Max if everyone now knows he didn't do it. (This, of course, does not take account of the complication Dazzle raised about the extra year for escaping.)

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to parkerman For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (02-06-2016), Rear window (02-06-2016), tammyy2j (02-06-2016)

(This, of course, does not take account of the complication Dazzle raised about the extra year for escaping.)
    If the charge was escaping lawful custody and it wasn't lawful custody cos the charges are dropped and the he is innocent then it can be dropped?

But then if he has misbehaved in prison too and got extra then how does that work?

I am sure the script planners have thought of a reason why he's not coming back until September.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Rear window For This Useful Post:

parkerman (02-06-2016)

Quote Originally Posted by Rear window View Post
    If the charge was escaping lawful custody and it wasn't lawful custody cos the charges are dropped and the he is innocent then it can be dropped?

But then if he has misbehaved in prison too and got extra then how does that work?

I am sure the script planners have thought of a reason why he's not coming back until September.
    My guess would be re-the escape that, given the circumstances, although the charge would stand, they wouldn't keep him in custody because of it.

As for Max coming back. As I said above, I seem to remember seeing somewhere that when Max is released he doesn't come back to the Square straight away - I just wish I could find where! But that would mean he could be released any time between now and September!

17. The Following User Says Thank You to parkerman For This Useful Post:

Ruffed_lemur (02-06-2016)

Thread Information